Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

"Holdout" news of Earl Thomas

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: "Holdout" news of Earl Thomas
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:22 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We would be lucky to get a 4th round pick for him and more likely a 5th....

Even though Earl's had injuries, he's still a top 5 free safety, and is in the prime of his career.

So my guess is we'd get at least a 1st, or maybe a 2nd and 3rd. Something like that........which is perfect, it replaces what we traded away.

The problem with Earl is who'd be interested in him, the less teams interested, the less you get. If he's only interested in the Cowboys, then it severely limits compensation.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 am
  • Also another thing. We have not even been able to replace BRUCE IRVIN for gods sake. BRUCE IRVIN. Yet some of ya'll somehow believe we can replace Earl..
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 am
  • He is still young, and still very good. Nothing less than a 1st, OR a 2nd and 3rd would be even worth considering.
    And who here has said we can replace Earl? There is no replacing a guy at the level. But if he is going to hold out for a huge extension, their hands may be tied.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Also another thing. We have not even been able to replace BRUCE IRVIN for gods sake. BRUCE IRVIN. Yet some of ya'll somehow believe we can replace Earl..

Which Bruce Irvin?

The Bruce Irvin who couldn't be the dynamic pass rushing sack happy DE that we drafted him to be? Or the Bruce Irvin who we had to turn into a hybrid outside LB?

Is 7-8 sack a year worth almost 10M? Cause I betcha the Raiders are having 2nd thoughts giving him a big deal, which we weren't willing to do. IMO one of the few smart decisions our FO made when they were handing out all these massive 2nd and 3rd contracts that they're now regretting.

I love Earl, but trade him.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:Also another thing. We have not even been able to replace BRUCE IRVIN for gods sake. BRUCE IRVIN. Yet some of ya'll somehow believe we can replace Earl..

Which Bruce Irvin?

The Bruce Irvin who couldn't be the dynamic pass rushing sack happy DE that we drafted him to be? Or the Bruce Irvin who we had to turn into a hybrid outside LB?

Is 7-8 sack a year worth almost 10M? Cause I betcha the Raiders are having 2nd thoughts giving him a big deal, which we weren't willing to do. IMO one of the few smart decisions our FO made when they were handing out all these massive 2nd and 3rd contracts that they're now regretting.

I love Earl, but trade him.

I meant the level of talent. Everyone who has played his side has been garbage. My point was that you can't just replace players as easily as people think. Certain talents just don't come around.

It's good we didn't pay him 10+, but to not pay ET that money is ridiculous. He's beyond deserving of it.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:50 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    I meant the level of talent. Everyone who has played his side has been garbage. My point was that you can't just replace players as easily as people think. Certain talents just don't come around.

It's good we didn't pay him 10+, but to not pay ET that money is ridiculous. He's beyond deserving of it.

I agree on the not replacing Irvin part, haven't drafted well at LB since KJ and Wagner.

But no, I don't agree on extending Earl, too many injuries, too risky for the type of deal he wants (15M+).

If we haven't learned from extending Lynch, Bennett, Kam, etc that paying players for past performance HOPING that their skills don't diminish and they don't get hurt, then we never will.

Do what the Patriot's do, trust you system, draft and develop, don't extend aging vets and try to hit on free agent values that fit into your system and schemes.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Also another thing. We have not even been able to replace BRUCE IRVIN for gods sake. BRUCE IRVIN. Yet some of ya'll somehow believe we can replace Earl..

We have never been able to replace STEVE LARGENT for gods sake either, but have managed to make 3 Super Bowls without him.

Myth---You need to replace a player with an equal or better player of the same position.

Wrong, you only need to build a better team which can be done in many different ways.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 am
  • The team needs to get younger and shed salary at the same time. It's not rocket science.

You CAN'T replace an Earl Thomas, you can hope to however.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 am
  • Everyone loves ET, he's a fantastic footballer and I think everyone would agree to give him a new and fancier contract.

However, no one likes to be railroaded by a players demand , mid contract with the threat of a hold out.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 am
  • Some of you are going to have to decide which one it is:

1 - Earl Thomas is an aging player in the secondary that is only going to get slower and is starting to get injured.

2 - Earl Thomas is worth at least a 1st round pick and probably more.

Even great players go for cheap when the team loses leverage though. Getting a 1st for ET is a pipe dream.
    Yes, WE like to trade 1st round picks for the players. But most FOs are not that stupid.

And more significantly, ET has made it clear that he has certain destinations he would prefer. I highly doubt he would accept a trade to somewhere like Cleveland even if Cleveland gave up a 1st to get him.

You don't think the potential landing spots for ET are not aware the Seahawks wouldn't have many options if they need to try to trade him? He is going to be an older player at a high salary, the Seahawks will have very little to bargain with.

More significantly, Apna pointed out the parallel between the Ravens (who used to be the dominant defense and won with defense repeatedly) and the Seahawks. When the Ravens lost their impact D players because of age - they did not improve. They got worse. Because you cannot 'next man up' great players unless you have tremendous depth or some kind of tremendous development pipeline (neither of which we have).

At this point, it is all speculation. This FO will do whatever it does, likely waste even more money on at least one worthless FA signing and probably offset whatever gains we would get in letting ET go anyway.

But given the difference he makes for this team, we probably need to keep him. We are not the Patriots. We do not have the ability to shed great players and reproduce them with productive replacements.
    Last edited by TwistedHusky on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Everyone loves ET, he's a fantastic footballer and I think everyone would agree to give him a new and fancier contract.

I'd guess it's about 50/50 as to fans wanting to give Earl an new deal.

I know I'm in the no deal camp. Love Earl, love his game, love his leadership.............but if this team wants to reload, get younger, get healthier and get that nasty hunger back on defense?

Then Earl's the best chip we have to play right no in the trade market.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:27 am
  • I don't want to give him a new contract after what happened here last year. Earl relies on his speed and quickness to cover the turf he does. That is going to progressively begin to drop very soon if not year to year now and paying him top $$ for what we can expect to diminish is what got us into the crappy situation we are now in.

If Earl insists on "seeking the treasure"....Bye Earl.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:29 am
  • Since this basically boils down to money (except Thomas' decided to run to Garrett to tell him come get me)
    It's almost like comparing loaves of bread.

Do you pay for the Artisan baked awesome loaf, or go get Wonder bread from the domestic aisle?

Depends on your budget. Right now at this moment the artisan loaf is awesome, however it doesn't want to be put into the day old bin. Problem for that loaf is, it's now older and people are thinking about their purchase.

The Seahawks have a large roster churn approaching so that loaf still has the ability to get more because it is still fresh.

It could mold in a heartbeat however.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Have a feeling Dan Quinn and the Falcons will offer pick #26 for Earl....

Would you guys trade ET to an NFC rival like the Falcons?
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm
  • massari wrote:Have a feeling Dan Quinn and the Falcons will offer pick #26 for Earl....

Yes.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    massari wrote:Have a feeling Dan Quinn and the Falcons will offer pick #26 for Earl....

Yes.

ET in that secondary playing the Hawks in a playoff game...dunno. If they can't get a 1st from an AFC team, I'm considering a 2nd rounder instead of Atlanta's 26, though not completely sure.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm
  • massari wrote:Have a feeling Dan Quinn and the Falcons will offer pick #26 for Earl....

Yes, but I doubt we get a 1st. Listening to a cap expert today on this topic, I heard that a 2nd would be most likely the case for trading Earl. I would take that as well. Earl and his me me me attitude are part of the problem they are trying to shed still. We've only seen the coaches side of that, the players side is coming soon.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Doubt it, the Falcons have even less cap space then we do, and Allen has almost the same identical stats as Earl for 2017..........and he's cheaper.

If someone's going to break the bank for Earl, it's going to be a team with a lot of cap space that can take the risk with his injury proneness.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm
  • Would ET only have an $8.5M cap hit on the team that trades for him?
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 pm
  • Lol @ Earl saying he would not feel comfortable playing without a long term deal. Saying he’s gotta feed his family.

Sick.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Lol @ Earl saying he would not feel comfortable playing without a long term deal. Saying he’s gotta feed his family.

Sick.

You just try feeding a family of 3 on $47 million over 8 years!! :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm
  • I wonder if Earl would take a smaller deal to go to the Cowboys and play at home? Being that the Cowboys are up against the cap and have has asked Dez to restructure, I would bet he would restructure if it meant Earl coming in.

Lots of things need to move around, but its definitely doable if the Cowboys truly want him.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm
  • A multi-millionaire saying he needs to feed his family. Must be so rough :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:22 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I wonder if Earl would take a smaller deal to go to the Cowboys and play at home? Being that the Cowboys are up against the cap and have has asked Dez to restructure, I would bet he would restructure if it meant Earl coming in.

Lots of things need to move around, but its definitely doable if the Cowboys truly want him.

After saying ‘money talks’ and that Berry’s deal pushed him to rethink retirement, I am going to say no, he will not take less to go anywhere.

Dallas should really move on from Bryant in general.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Lol @ Earl saying he would not feel comfortable playing without a long term deal. Saying he’s gotta feed his family.

Sick.

This is so ignorant. They are the bread and butter for their family's, which often includes extended families. Their time on the field is limited and they're diminishing their quality of life and risking permanent brain damage to bring their families out of the depths of poverty.

Not only that, one potential wrong hit and they can be paralyzed from the neck down. No amount of money can do justice to losing your life like that. So don't blame them or get upset that they want millions and loads of them.

He has a whole life ahead of him still. Shoot he's younger then I am and he's gotta make sure that money goes a long way till after he;s gone.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:29 pm
  • Cry my a river, he's a multi-millionaire, his family is just fine.....for generations.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:35 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Lol @ Earl saying he would not feel comfortable playing without a long term deal. Saying he’s gotta feed his family.

Sick.

This is so ignorant. They are the bread and butter for their family's, which often includes extended families. Their time on the field is limited and they're diminishing their quality of life and risking permanent brain damage to bring their families out of the depths of poverty.

Not only that, one potential wrong hit and they can be paralyzed from the neck down. No amount of money can do justice to losing your life like that. So don't blame them or get upset that they want millions and loads of them.

He has a whole life ahead of him still. Shoot he's younger then I am and he's gotta make sure that money goes a long way till after he;s gone.

Stop acting like this is some noble thing he is doing, risking his life and brain for his extended family! Tons of people risk more and make way less, and really battle to provide for their families. Ridiculous. He plays 16 games a year and one years salary (already 10m) can comfortably support him and extended family for the rest of their lives. Players using ‘feed my family’ as a reason to hold out from work for even more money is absurd. Is a gross thing to say imo.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm
  • Exactly, I would love to have those problems.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Sick.

If he cant make $40million+ last to take care of his family, then he needs a new financial advisor. Maybe one less Bentley here and there might make $40mil work

Football isn't his only revenue stream, sports cards, Nike Jump man etc....
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Sick.

Stop acting like this is some noble thing he is doing, risking his life and brain for his extended family! Tons of people risk more and make way less, and really battle to provide for their families. Ridiculous. He plays 16 games a year and one years salary (already 10m) can comfortably support him and extended family for the rest of their lives. Players using ‘feed my family’ as a reason to hold out from work for even more money is absurd. Is a gross thing to say imo.

:2thumbs:
    How many years you figure it would take for most of us to make what Earl does in just one year? :roll:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Sick.

47 plus million, and if he is dumb enough to foot his families bills then he deserves to lose it, outside of mom and dad and siblings grandparents, the rest are pretty much leeches and will be, The demise of many Pro players has been funding extended family members to live a lifestyle they have not earned or respect.

I am sure all my aunts uncles and cousins will shower me with gifts and money, oh wait, they hardly talk to anyone below their income level and hate coming to family gatherings now, why because of the family leeches that also show up there.

That 47 million doesn't even include endorsement money either. He may not have as much as a Wilson or Sherman, but I see him in more then a few commercials.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 pm
  • Trade him to Dallas for Zeke
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Lol @ Earl saying he would not feel comfortable playing without a long term deal. Saying he’s gotta feed his family.

Sick.

I completely agree. What a spoiled, greedy thing to say. I caught the opening segment of Danny, Dave, and Moore coming home this afternoon and they were talking about it. Wyman's take on it was perfect. If he's trying to get on the common man's level and seek sympathy, it's not gonna work. No common man can relate to this because the common man will never have to decide between making $10 million or $14 million, nor would the common man feel uncomfortable making $10 million. Athlete's should really stop using these tired falsities when it comes to new contracts. It's nothing more than a popularity contest.

Earl is making himself look bad.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:52 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Sick.

LMAO. That is far more ignorant.

One wrong turn or missed stop on the way to work and I'm dead. I think I'll ask for a $47 million raise tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please list all these paralyzed players in the last 5 years so I can send them a get well card.

BTW...Here is his "family" he is feeding as of 3 years and 20 something million $$ ago.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:59 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Sick.

LMAO. That is far more ignorant.

One wrong turn or missed stop on the way to work and I'm dead. I think I'll ask for a $47 million raise tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please list all these paralyzed players in the last 5 years so I can send them a get well card.

BTW...Here is his "family" he is feeding as of 3 years and 20 something million $$ ago.

I'm with Seymour on this one.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:30 pm
  • Funny thing is, I'm fine with Earl making his market value as he'd be dumb not to (or at least close). My problem is making it about survival and food. That is an insult to the the growing population of poor people of America, and anywhere else for that matter. Someone will pay him, I doubt Pete will at this point though.
    Last edited by Seymour on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Yes, WE like to trade 1st round picks for the players. But most FOs are not that stupid.

Seymour wrote:Yes, but I doubt we get a 1st. Listening to a cap expert today on this topic, I heard that a 2nd would be most likely the case for trading Earl. I would take that as well. Earl and his me me me attitude are part of the problem they are trying to shed still. We've only seen the coaches side of that, the players side is coming soon.

Sgt. Largent wrote:Doubt it, the Falcons have even less cap space then we do, and Allen has almost the same identical stats as Earl for 2017..........and he's cheaper.

If someone's going to break the bank for Earl, it's going to be a team with a lot of cap space that can take the risk with his injury proneness.

Sucks, but you guys are probably right.

If they can't get a 2nd, I'd probably still keep him for this season then franchise him for one maybe two seasons and let him go after that. He can hold out if he wants.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Sick.

I hate to break this to you but that is mentality of today’s modern athlete.
    It was a stupid thing to say and shows how out of touch these guys are with reality.

Still wouldn’t trade him, unless you got a whopper deal (See Zach Martin w/long term deal, plus high draft picks in return for ET). Let him play out his contract, and franchise, franchise him again if you cannot get a deal done, and take a COMP pick 3 years down the road.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Trade him to Dallas for Zeke

Please no. I'd rather keep Earl on a long-term deal. Zeke is an actual character risk compared to Earl and he's an RB. Way less valuable than an All-Pro safety even if Dallas was willing to part with him given he's on a rookie contract.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    No. Earl is not a unicorn...or even a HoF player.

You just lost all credibility.

Earl is a first ballot HOFer, without question. His absence has been painfully obvious whenever it occurred. Everyone sees that, even outside of Seattle.

Don't know why you have an issue with him, but you lost all credibility when you start calling him average and this other BS.

That's just nonsense.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    No. Earl is not a unicorn...or even a HoF player.

You just lost all credibility.

Earl is a first ballot HOFer, without question. His absence has been painfully obvious whenever it occurred. Everyone sees that, even outside of Seattle.

Don't know why you have an issue with him, but you lost all credibility when you start calling him average and this other BS.

That's just nonsense.

Early maybe a HOFer and his absence has been obvious, but, I"m not sure it's cause Earl is THAT good, or... We just never had anyone that was any good to fill in for him.

I mean really, there are plenty of teams out there that have survived without Earl, in fact, some of these teams have gone on and won Super Bowls without him.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:39 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Trade him to Dallas for Zeke

Please no. I'd rather keep Earl on a long-term deal. Zeke is an actual character risk compared to Earl and he's an RB. Way less valuable than an All-Pro safety even if Dallas was willing to part with him given he's on a rookie contract.

HELL TO THE NO!!!! Zeke will be out of the league in 2 years and probably in prison soon after that.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:53 pm
  • The problem is letting is contract run out isn't possible, neither is tagging him in 2019, he will likely not step on the field this coming season without an extension so there are 3 options. Extend him, trade him for awful value or cut him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 am
  • Still a non issue IMHO. As fans no matter what happens we will be able to pass off whatever happens in our benefit. As long as the decision is rational and fair I think we will be ok with what happens.

I have more confidence in our defensive signings, drafts and FA than our offensive side, with regards to our FO.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• if Thomas were simply one of the five or six best safeties in league, unloading him would be the prudent move. But we’re talking about the greatest safety of his generation with at least a couple of prime years left

Count me in on the wagon that would like Area29 to stay. The draft is mostly hit and miss, and with this organization, lately it's been a lot of miss. I understand we can't keep everyone, but to want to get rid of Thomas is just asinine to me.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -it-later/
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:

Yeah, basically this. The Hawks had what really is an all-time great draft run from 2010-2012. It's an all time great because if the team you root for has a SINGLE DRAFT RUN LIKE THAT IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE FRANCHISE you're really lucky. The 9ers had a draft run like that nearly 40 years ago and people still talk about it because it simply just doesn't happen that often.

If you wanna know what drafting typically results in, take all those guys from 2010-2012 who you want to move and replace them with guys of the talent level that the Hawks drafted from 2013-2017. That's basically what people are asking for.

If you wanna trade ET3 for a low first/high second pick, you're basically hoping that for ET3 you're gonna get Frank Clark and not end of with Christine Michael, Germaine Ifedi, or Malik McDowell. Would anyone even trade ET3 for Frank Clark straight up? I sure wouldn't. A first round draft pick has about a 50% chance of being a long-term starter. People really want to trade ET3 for a 50% chance at a starter? He's an All Pro year in and year out and is in his prime.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Mistashoesta wrote:
    if Thomas were simply one of the five or six best safeties in league, unloading him would be the prudent move. But we’re talking about the greatest safety of his generation with at least a couple of prime years left

Count me in on the wagon that would like Area29 to stay. The draft is mostly hit and miss, and with this organization, lately it's been a lot of miss. I understand we can't keep everyone, but to want to get rid of Thomas is just asinine to me.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -it-later/

It's crazy to not want Earl to stay a Hawk. I think most would agree with that.

It's his contract- and some of the messages he is sending- that create the problem.

This is why I'm not a GM- I have no idea of how to make this end positively for the team...
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 am
  • If you think Earl is literally talking about "Eating" for survival when he says he's got to eat for him and his family, you're wrong. I promise you, your middle class middle age definition of having to eat, and a bunch of millionaires and their younger age groups definition of having to eat are two totally different things.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:05 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:If you think Earl is literally talking about "Eating" for survival when he says he's got to eat for him and his family, you're wrong. I promise you, your middle class middle age definition of having to eat, and a bunch of millionaires and their younger age groups definition of having to eat are two totally different things.

He needs more cars?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information