Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

No official releases about firings and hirings

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Seems unusual, no press conferences officially from the team concerning the firings and hiring's of our OC, DC, other coaches, I would think that Pete would normally have said something about direction the guys hired etc. I didn't expect a lot about details of who he released, not his way of doing business. But stating a direction and focus that the new hires bring is.

Anyone else know more or have any thoughts?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

No indication of that as of yet, and it would explicitly contradict Pete's contractual powers as VP.

Also, Seahawks don't usually held press conferences for new hires (except HC).

There were no press conferences announcing the hirings of Tom Cable or Darrell Bevell, for example, or any other new assistant coach in recent memory.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Yeah but you would think with all the buzz that they would say something.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• We're not really a splashy team in terms of press conferences, especially with coaching hires. Even with some of our big signings I don't feel like there was much big press about it from the organization. Not our style
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• The less said about firing and hiring ..... the better.

Keeps all the habitual critics in the dark.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:The less said about firing and hiring ..... the better.

Why? We got what we wanted. It is the pro-incumbent crowd who are left with questions unanswered.

:D
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Jville wrote:The less said about firing and hiring ..... the better.

Why? We got what we wanted. It is the pro-incumbent crowd who are left with questions unanswered.

:D

I was referring to the benefit derived by the Seahawk's organization in leaving habitual critics in the dark.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

No indication of that as of yet, and it would explicitly contradict Pete's contractual powers as VP.

There were no press conferences announcing the hirings of Tom Cable or Darrell Bevell, for example, or any other new assistant coach in recent memory.

Paul Allen is above Pete. Owner > than VP.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• There were articles for all the coaching changes on Seahawks.com. Releases don't get any more official than that.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Maybe all of it only happened in our heads. We'll tune in to the first game and the old coaches will still be on the sidelines.
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran

• Vpk0718 wrote:Maybe all of it only happened in our heads. We'll tune in to the first game and the old coaches will still be on the sidelines.

:shock:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• It took almost 2 weeks to announce the O-Firings. There is no reason to watch the news feed for the Seahawks. This has been learned since 2010.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

Except Paul Allen has always left football decisions for the football people. He's fired his football people when they aren't meeting his expectations. There's nothing out there (except speculation by some for any number of reasons) that PA is behind the firings.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Sports Hernia wrote:I could be wrong but the feeling I’m getting is the firings came from above Pete.

So Pete has huge say in player acquisition (in many cases people around the Hawks say more than John) but not in who is on his coaching staff? Doubtful.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:

Except Paul Allen has always left football decisions for the football people. He's fired his football people when they aren't meeting his expectations. There's nothing out there (except speculation by some for any number of reasons) that PA is behind the firings.

PA still could have insisted on change and also let Pete make those changes. I can totally see PA, PC and JS in a conference room and PA saying we need to move in a different direction, "you guys make it happen let me know what you come with and I'll let you know if it is enough". Might not be those exact same words but that context.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Vpk0718 wrote:Maybe all of it only happened in our heads. We'll tune in to the first game and the old coaches will still be on the sidelines.

Lol! Id probably have a panic attack
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

So Pete has huge say in player acquisition (in many cases people around the Hawks say more than John) but not in who is on his coaching staff? Doubtful.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information