Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Poll: Who do we re-sign

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Who do we re-sign

Earl Thomas
28%
Frank Clark
50%
Jimmy Graham
2%
Sheldon Richardson
20%

Total votes : 105

Poll: Who do we re-sign
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:39 pm
  • We have 4 players that will command about $10-15 mil per year. We cannot afford to keep them all, more likely we will only be able to re-sign 1 or 2 of them. If you could only pick one who do we keep around for another 4 or 5 years.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Re: Poll: Who do we re-sign
Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm
  • Earl Thomas and Frank Clark. I know you said one but I think we can make other moves to free up cap space.
    I would like to keep all 4, but that’s not likely.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:59 pm
  • I think Thomas is gone. The guy sounds as if he has checked out, and quite frankly I'm tired of his behavior. He is nearing the age that his speed will start declining, and his greatest asset, his range will be limited. If he doesn't want to be here anymore we need to just let him go. Not worth the money to keep a contentious player. That is what the Patriots would do.

Frank Clark is probably going to be resigned. He is a young talent, and really one of our only viable pass rushers. We have no choice BUT to resign the guy.

Jimmy Graham is gone. We've pissed away the mans talent, and he has looked complacent as of late. His touchdowns will be missed, however much like Thomas it looks like he wants out. Not worth the money he is going to command, especially at his age.

Sheldon Richardson I could see being resigned. He gave indications that he wanted to be back, he seems like his personality jives well with the team. For the right price, I think we could see him in a Seahawk uniform next year.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm
  • I would really like to see Sheldon and Clark come back. Both are finally coming into their own in Pete's system.

Of course I'd want Thomas, what fan wouldn't, but does Thomas really want to be here? His attitude and actions off the field point to no.

Let Jimmy go, despite becoming a red zone animal, it seemed like he was checked out most the year when his number wasn't being called inside the 20. See all the questionable drops and missed passes throughout the season.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 pm
  • It would be interesting to see people on this board start arguing against re-signing Frank Clark. By their logic, he's only going to end up exactly where Earl is now, expensive and holding us back despite continuing to produce, and Bill Belichick would kick him to the curb after his first contract.

In all seriousness, though, I think it'd be silly not to extend him, so IMHO, he should be taken off the poll to make it a lot more interesting. But that's OP's call, not mine. :D
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:23 pm
  • Earl and frank clark.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:45 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:We have 4 players that will command about $10-15 mil per year. We cannot afford to keep them all, more likely we will only be able to re-sign 1 or 2 of them. If you could only pick one who do we keep around for another 4 or 5 years.

I see you voted for Frank Clark. I had hoped Frank would have become a complete full time player by now. Seems like a desirable prerequisite for an expensive contract extension. Such an extension for Clark would be a bet on a projection as to how complete a force he can become. They have made those types of bets in the past with varying results. Clark is under contract for 2018 along with Earl Thomas. Earl Thomas is the proven solid player at his peak ...... if he still wants to continue as a Seahawk. Home is where the heart is.

I've enjoyed Jimmy Graham, the pilot, and think there are accurate passers out there for him to continue his football interests. I admit to a preference for Delanie Walker who might have been a better fit after the departure of Zach Miller. Sheldon Richardson has also played out his contract. I remain on the fence with regards to signing Sheldon to a big multiyear contract. I don't know that he completely settled in prior to the end of the season. So, for me, his multi year value is a bit of a projection and gamble.

The first of the decisions are with Graham and Richardson. I expect both to test the free agency and exploit all the surplus cap room out there. Where as there remains plenty of time to consider extensions for Thomas and Clark in the coming months.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:02 pm
  • Despite my annoyance with him, I chose Earl. He's the only first ballot HOF talent there
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:22 pm
  • I was thinking of this today with guys like Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Bennett, Chancellor etc all not certain to come back - I was going back to the Houston game. Earl got hurt late that game, and by the time he came back Richard and Kam went down. I would have never guessed it at the time, but that might have been the last game for this core on D to be together on the field. I find it sad when I think of that and the great football that group was a big part of that I enjoyed the last 5 years.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm
  • The team should try to keep Earl. He does so much on the back end of our defense. He's the one guy on this list that's irreplaceable imo
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:We have 4 players that will command about $10-15 mil per year. We cannot afford to keep them all, more likely we will only be able to re-sign 1 or 2 of them. If you could only pick one who do we keep around for another 4 or 5 years.

Since Earl and Frank are not free agents this year my guess is that they will both play under their current contract for 2018. The Seahawks have much more cap space in 2019 and will evaluate then. Earl can posture all he wants, but if he is looking for a big contract in 2019 then he has no choice but to play like it in 2018. I think Sheldon Richardson is re-signed this year and Frank Clark next year. Earl is tough to call, but he is still elite and playing out one more contract with the Seahawks would be a good thing. I think Jimmy G is gone. We will likely get a third round comp pick for him next year.
    SoCalSeahawk
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am
  • Voted for Earl,would like to keep all of them,i'll leave it to PC,JS,etc..
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 am
  • This is a tough call. I'd resign Frank Clark, over Earl even though Earl is a better player. This team is going to shed distractions this off-season. I love the way Earl plays, but he mayh be on his way out.

Jimmy and Sheldon aren't worth the big dollars that are being floated around.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am
  • I’m very much expecting Sheldon to be back on another 1 year deal.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:02 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:It would be interesting to see people on this board start arguing against re-signing Frank Clark. By their logic, he's only going to end up exactly where Earl is now, expensive and holding us back despite continuing to produce, and Bill Belichick would kick him to the curb after his first contract.

In all seriousness, though, I think it'd be silly not to extend him, so IMHO, he should be taken off the poll to make it a lot more interesting. But that's OP's call, not mine. :D

So nobody has argued this point, yet somehow you know what their logic will be that they have never used yet?

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm
  • Earl and Clark if I could pick 2. Clark if I could pick 1. While I feel Earl is not replaceable, you have to go with the younger player at this point. Without Clark, we are going to be hurting at DE big time.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm
  • While I don't consider Clark to be an "elite" player (he can be shut down by a good to great tackle), he's definitely worth re-signing if the money is right.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:While I don't consider Clark to be an "elite" player (he can be shut down by a good to great tackle), he's definitely worth re-signing if the money is right.

How many elites did Walter Jones shut down over the years, some match ups just don't work no matter how great one side or the other is.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:07 pm
  • I'm calling my shot:
    Earl gets traded,
    Frank signs an extension,
    Jimmy walks,
    Sheldon gets re-signed.
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 pm
  • Sun Tzu wrote:I'm calling my shot:
    Earl gets traded,
    Jimmy walks,
    Sheldon gets re-signed.
    /\ Most likely scenario in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm
  • Sun Tzu wrote:I'm calling my shot:
    Earl gets traded,
    Jimmy walks,
    Sheldon gets re-signed.

^Pretty much how I see it as well.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 am
  • kf3339 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:I'm calling my shot:
    Earl gets traded,
    Jimmy walks,
    Sheldon gets re-signed.

I would be very happy with this
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:59 am
  • HoldYourHawk wrote:I would really like to see Sheldon and Clark come back. Both are finally coming into their own in Pete's system.

Of course I'd want Thomas, what fan wouldn't, but does Thomas really want to be here? His attitude and actions off the field point to no.

Let Jimmy go, despite becoming a red zone animal, it seemed like he was checked out most the year when his number wasn't being called inside the 20. See all the questionable drops and missed passes throughout the season.

Pretty much my take on it as well. Clark especially is a must-sign.
    Used to be young, free and single. Now I'm old, cheap and single!
    The S.W.R.A.!
    Eltagi
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07 am
  • Should also be asking - who do you cut? Because under the current cap constraints, the Seahawks can't afford to pay any of those guys without a massive cut or some big restructures which just hurt down the road.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:47 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:I'm calling my shot:
    Earl gets traded,
    Jimmy walks,
    Sheldon gets re-signed.

+2
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 am
  • Sounds like a real possibility that they franchise Sheldon R. I could see that happening. Clayton said that would pay around 14 mil, which is likely less than he would get on the open market per year. Then, if a team wants to sign him, they would have to give up a lot, and we could recoup draft picks we don't have.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Sounds like a real possibility that they franchise Sheldon R. I could see that happening. Clayton said that would pay around 14 mil, which is likely less than he would get on the open market per year. Then, if a team wants to sign him, they would have to give up a lot, and we could recoup draft picks we don't have.

I sure as hell hope not. He is a solid lineman, and good addition, but not worth that kind of money. I put him somewhere in the range of Brockers for the Rams. He recently signed a 3 year $33 million deal ($11M average per year). Also putting him that far over Bennett ($10M average PY) will create problems with MB (if they are even keeping Bennett...my guess is they should as there is still value in him).
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:28 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Sounds like a real possibility that they franchise Sheldon R. I could see that happening. Clayton said that would pay around 14 mil, which is likely less than he would get on the open market per year. Then, if a team wants to sign him, they would have to give up a lot, and we could recoup draft picks we don't have.

If they franchise him, they can't fill in a 53 man roster without some big cuts. That tag alone would be the entirety of the Seahawks salary cap remaining.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 am
  • I'm just passing along what Clayton was saying. I don't think they can afford him at all.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information