Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Like it or not....we are still #1

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Like it or not....we are still #1
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 am
  • :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

1. Super Bowl XLIX

New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24

This game had everything. There was controversy coming in (Deflategate had just begun) and it was a battle of the two best teams in football. The defending champion Seahawks came out gunning, the Patriots responded and took over the game and then Russell Wilson and Seattle tried to steal it back with one of the wildest catches by Jermaine Kearse you will ever see.

Malcolm Butler promptly took it right back with arguably the greatest defensive play in Super Bowl history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-ranking-all-super-bowls-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: Like it or not....we are still #1
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am
  • Also worth noting that when we demolish the Bronco's we are rated as #50 of 51 "best game" (ie near worst), then lose in epic fashion that jumps to the top. :pukeface:

Not in my book!!! :141847_bnono:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 am
  • It was an incredible game, even with the crap ending. Proud that I was able to see it live, no regrets.
    Brady did what he always does, erased a lead in the 4th.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
  • X LIX is the proper designation, unless X SUX was already taken. Because Bevell turned LIX into SUX.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 am
  • XLIX had lead changes and was a down-to-the-wire game. XLIII was a blowout. I can see why they rate them #1 and #50, respectively.

From our perspective, the epic beatdown of the Broncos is sweet nectar of the gods, but the quality of the game from a drama perspective was pretty much a snooze-fest. If you are studying how to call and execute a perfect defensive game, however, it's still #1.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:47 am
  • KiwiHawk wrote:XLIX had lead changes and was a down-to-the-wire game. XLIII was a blowout. I can see why they rate them #1 and #50, respectively.

From our perspective, the epic beatdown of the Broncos is sweet nectar of the gods, but the quality of the game from a drama perspective was pretty much a snooze-fest. If you are studying how to call and execute a perfect defensive game, however, it's still #1.

So much this. I LOVED the Broncos win, but I stopped actually caring about the actual score of the game after the Harvin TD. I just relished every moment as a Seahawks fan. For anyone else who wasn't a hardcore Bronco hater, it must have been a real snoozer.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 pm
  • As the years go by I find myself getting more and more upset/disgusted/disappointed about 49.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:50 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:As the years go by I find myself getting more and more upset/disgusted/disappointed about 49.

Yep.
    I don't care if Seattle wins 5 more rings, there will ALWAYS be one that got away.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm
  • And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:13 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:As the years go by I find myself getting more and more upset/disgusted/disappointed about 49.

Probably because each year since we are further away from getting that 2nd one that most of us believe we deserve. :rumble:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:18 pm
  • I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:19 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.

Correct! . We lost because Tharold Simon "owns this town", his town, and everyone except Julian Edelman.

Moron bit on the same move twice, then cries foul play... :x

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:34 pm
  • Oh man was he horrible. Every damn play he would act like it was a push off. No, you just suck.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:23 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.

Amen brother. Amazing two seasons back-to-back that I refuse to let how it ended dampen the fact that it was simply an exquisite time to be a 12.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 pm
  • No doubt about it. Special run right there. Dwelling on the ending is a waste of anger and energy. I choose to appreciate as well. At the time, I was more angry than I probably ever have been at a sporting event.
    But after the fact, I took a step back and realized how good things were. Nothing but appreciation now.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:51 pm
  • Saw it in person as well, spent the whole game with one of the Patriots rally towels that they were giving away wedged in the crack of my ass. Had dreams of using it to piss on outside the motor home we had parked in the Walmart parking lot. My victory cigar purchased befor the game sits on a shelf in my Hawks room, unsmoked to this day. I still look at it occasionally, and wonder how truly wild that night would have, and should have been.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:13 pm
  • I can think of several Super Bowls that were worse than the Seahawks-Broncos. Niners-Chargers, Bears-Patriots, the second Cowboys-Bills. Raiders-Bucs, the one the Ravens won with Dilfer.

Certainly I'm going to be a little biased and while that Super Bowl is certainly my favorite, I would put those others as worse games. I'm sure if I combed through past Super Bowls I could find a few more too.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:17 pm

It still pisses me off how we had so many chances and just lost it like every other team that loses to the Patriots.. stepping on our own 2 feet... It affected the Hawks as well, they still haven't bridged that loss.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:30 pm
  • Ed Hochuli winning SB XL was my most aggravating memory.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Also worth noting that when we demolish the Bronco's we are rated as #50 of 51 "best game" (ie near worst), then lose in epic fashion that jumps to the top. :pukeface:

Not in my book!!! :141847_bnono:

Of course not in our books, it was as close to nirvana as we'll ever get as sports fans.

But let's be real, it was over from the first series, and never got interesting, not even once for fans outside of the greater Seattle area.

All any impartial football fan wants out of the SB is a close game.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 pm
  • XL was referred by Bill Leavy n Co.

Back on topic - Being "the" standard those years in the league was the best feeling ever. The whole league started to change cause cause of us. The battlers with Harbaugh led niners were so epic! Ahh.. great times. I'll cherish it for a lifetime.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Ed Hochuli winning SB XL was my most aggravating memory.

Bill Leavy actually, but AMEN. Still bothers me and probably always will.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.

Three of the LOB'rs playing with injuries...Bad luck for the Seahawks, had those three guys been full health, Brady would have had a hell of a lot tougher job making that come back.
    Never should have come down to that final play to cinch a win.
    BUT, Even with all our injuries, our Seahawks gave the Patriots all they could handle.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.

Amen brother. Amazing two seasons back-to-back that I refuse to let how it ended dampen the fact that it was simply an exquisite time to be a 12.

This

We need more of this here
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm
  • I’m fine with it. Yeah, the Seahawks should have won that game, but my line of thought is that if we’re going by what should have happened, then we wouldn’t even be in the Super Bowl because GB shouldn’t have blown the conference championship game against us.
    pre·vent de·fense
    n. Football
    A defensive formation in which a team prevents their defense from stopping the other team's offense.
    hannibalking
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information