Like it or not....we are still #1

Seymour

Reaction score
:roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

1. Super Bowl XLIX

New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24

This game had everything. There was controversy coming in (Deflategate had just begun) and it was a battle of the two best teams in football. The defending champion Seahawks came out gunning, the Patriots responded and took over the game and then Russell Wilson and Seattle tried to steal it back with one of the wildest catches by Jermaine Kearse you will ever see.

Malcolm Butler promptly took it right back with arguably the greatest defensive play in Super Bowl history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-from-worst-to-first-patriots-own-top-three/

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Also worth noting that when we demolish the Bronco's we are rated as #50 of 51 "best game" (ie near worst), then lose in epic fashion that jumps to the top. :pukeface:

Not in my book!!! :141847_bnono:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was an incredible game, even with the crap ending. Proud that I was able to see it live, no regrets.
Brady did what he always does, erased a lead in the 4th.

Seahawkville

Reaction score
X LIX is the proper designation, unless X SUX was already taken. Because Bevell turned LIX into SUX.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
XLIX had lead changes and was a down-to-the-wire game. XLIII was a blowout. I can see why they rate them #1 and #50, respectively.

From our perspective, the epic beatdown of the Broncos is sweet nectar of the gods, but the quality of the game from a drama perspective was pretty much a snooze-fest. If you are studying how to call and execute a perfect defensive game, however, it's still #1.

kidhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2ctjljay said:
XLIX had lead changes and was a down-to-the-wire game. XLIII was a blowout. I can see why they rate them #1 and #50, respectively.

From our perspective, the epic beatdown of the Broncos is sweet nectar of the gods, but the quality of the game from a drama perspective was pretty much a snooze-fest. If you are studying how to call and execute a perfect defensive game, however, it's still #1.

So much this. I LOVED the Broncos win, but I stopped actually caring about the actual score of the game after the Harvin TD. I just relished every moment as a Seahawks fan. For anyone else who wasn't a hardcore Bronco hater, it must have been a real snoozer.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":162zoig8 said:
As the years go by I find myself getting more and more upset/disgusted/disappointed about 49.

Yep.
I don't care if Seattle wins 5 more rings, there will ALWAYS be one that got away.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ltnqohl said:
As the years go by I find myself getting more and more upset/disgusted/disappointed about 49.

Probably because each year since we are further away from getting that 2nd one that most of us believe we deserve. :rumble:

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g7mk5wu said:
And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.

Correct! . We lost because Tharold Simon "owns this town", his town, and everyone except Julian Edelman.

Moron bit on the same move twice, then cries foul play... :x

[youtube]edwQnL-BYAI[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ApnaHawk":62r3ja1s said:
I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.

Amen brother. Amazing two seasons back-to-back that I refuse to let how it ended dampen the fact that it was simply an exquisite time to be a 12.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt about it. Special run right there. Dwelling on the ending is a waste of anger and energy. I choose to appreciate as well. At the time, I was more angry than I probably ever have been at a sporting event.
But after the fact, I took a step back and realized how good things were. Nothing but appreciation now.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Saw it in person as well, spent the whole game with one of the Patriots rally towels that they were giving away wedged in the crack of my ass. Had dreams of using it to piss on outside the motor home we had parked in the Walmart parking lot. My victory cigar purchased befor the game sits on a shelf in my Hawks room, unsmoked to this day. I still look at it occasionally, and wonder how truly wild that night would have, and should have been.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I can think of several Super Bowls that were worse than the Seahawks-Broncos. Niners-Chargers, Bears-Patriots, the second Cowboys-Bills. Raiders-Bucs, the one the Ravens won with Dilfer.

Certainly I'm going to be a little biased and while that Super Bowl is certainly my favorite, I would put those others as worse games. I'm sure if I combed through past Super Bowls I could find a few more too.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3dsyw86v said:

It still pisses me off how we had so many chances and just lost it like every other team that loses to the Patriots.. stepping on our own 2 feet... It affected the Hawks as well, they still haven't bridged that loss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":33110stt said:
Also worth noting that when we demolish the Bronco's we are rated as #50 of 51 "best game" (ie near worst), then lose in epic fashion that jumps to the top. :pukeface:

Not in my book!!! :141847_bnono:

Of course not in our books, it was as close to nirvana as we'll ever get as sports fans.

But let's be real, it was over from the first series, and never got interesting, not even once for fans outside of the greater Seattle area.

All any impartial football fan wants out of the SB is a close game.

Latest posts