Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Scheduling Question

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Scheduling Question
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 am
  • Planning on coming out from Chicago for a game this season. Would love to pick a weekend when the Mariners are playing as well. Do they ever schedule Seahawks home games in September when the Mariners are home too? I'm guessing no since the 2 weekends the Mariners at home in September, The Sunday game would be during the Seahawks game time as well (assuming not a prime time game)
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Scheduling Question
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 am
  • Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

Thanks.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 pm
  • How about the 3rd pre-season game assuming it's at home?

I know it's not as good as a regular season game but the 3rd game gets you as close as possible plus doing the M's think may be workable as well.

The Hawks Broncos pre-season game some years ago was EVERY bit of a regular season game for 3 plus quarters.

Way cheaper as well.

Or, if the Hawks are on the road the first week the M's more than likely would be at home so if you could swing a 7-9 day visit that could work as well, just more time and money consuming.

Have fun regardless of when you come to town.

GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm
  • M’s game?

Unless you are a die hard fan, there’s way better stuff to do in the Seattle area.

I understand that the 2fer would be cool but don’t overlook the other stuff to do.

Cheers, enjoy the trip.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:43 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:M’s game?

Unless you are a die hard fan, there’s way better stuff to do in the Seattle area.

I understand that the 2fer would be cool but don’t overlook the other stuff to do.

Cheers, enjoy the trip.

Agreed, riding the Mono Rail for 3 hours would be more exciting.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:50 pm
  • My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:44 pm
  • mikeak wrote:My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

Excellent idea, and something I’ve always wanted to do on one of my trips.
    Never been able to convince the wife to do back to back Football games though.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 pm
  • mikeak wrote:My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

Yep, better odds of both teams winning too. :twisted:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 pm
  • Hope when M's make the playoffs y'all don't act like you were down since day 1.

Well, maybe you guys are smarter and happier. Sigh.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Hope when M's make the playoffs y'all don't act like you were down since day 1.

Is Howard Lincoln and John Ellis still in charge is the only question you have to ask.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:M’s game?

Cheers, enjoy the trip.

Agreed, riding the Mono Rail for 3 hours would be more exciting.

It's not the Monorail... but when I go to games, I stay at the airport hotels and take the train up to the game. The $300 I save on the hotel room almost pays for the tickets.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Hope when M's make the playoffs y'all don't act like you were down since day 1.

I’m a Mariners fan, but the “true to the blue” Mariners fans crack me up. Always optimistic for some reason unbeknowst to me. What makes you think that damn team will be making the post season anytime soon? They currently have the longest playoff draught in the Big 4. They are the worst sports franchise in America.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 pm
  • You should go to the Columbia center tower as well
    Only ten bucks I think and same for parking and the view at that time of year is incredible from 900 feet up
    The viewing is the entire floor to so you get to see all of Seattle all the way around
    Pretty cool and well over a third taller than the space needle
    Much better viewing area as well Zero blocked lookouts
    We had Cessna's that were flying lower than we were
    It was way cooler than I expected
    :greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    mikeak wrote:My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

Yep, better odds of both teams winning too. :twisted:

At least the Huskies anyway. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:59 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    mikeak wrote:My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

Excellent idea, and something I’ve always wanted to do on one of my trips.
    Never been able to convince the wife to do back to back Football games though.

I have done it the last two seasons and it is great. Huskies plays mostly at night so good party

First year Seahawks was SNF / MNF so quite a few hours between games

Last year they were MNF against Atlanta so got a day in between. Washington game was epic especially last three minutes. Flew home Tuesday morning and walked straight into work. I was mostly sober by then.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am
  • I'm a season ticket holder for the Hawks and the Huskies. Love the double dips. Though I would love to see a heck of a lot more day games for UW. It's brutal when they have home games starting at 7 or later and then a Hawks game the next day. Even if you take the rail, you don't get home til very late.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm a season ticket holder for the Hawks and the Huskies. Love the double dips. Though I would love to see a heck of a lot more day games for UW. It's brutal when they have home games starting at 7 or later and then a Hawks game the next day. Even if you take the rail, you don't get home til very late.

You should try being a fan out of America!

SNF/MNF/TNF games don't finish till around 4/5am!

Even a regular game tends to finish between 12.30am and 1am unless they're playing an early game on the east coast (didn't happen once last season).
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:33 am
  • No doubt. My friend Deano lives in the UK, it's crazy how late you guys are up for games. 8 hours ahead right? Dayum :shock:
    We were talking about how strange it will be to adjust etc. Our game out there is 6pm your time, 10am our time.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt. My friend Deano lives in the UK, it's crazy how late you guys are up for games. 8 hours ahead right? Dayum :shock:
    We were talking about how strange it will be to adjust etc. Our game out there is 6pm your time, 10am our time.

Yep, 8 hours. Big bonus of the offseason is now feeling like death on Monday mornings!

I didn't get to bed till gone 5am after the Super Bowl.

Wouldn't change it for the world, though.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 am
  • We fly out at like 7:20pm and get there at 12:40 pm your time. That'll be interesting. So stoked to spend time out there. My wife and I have never been oversees.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:20 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:We fly out at like 7:20pm and get there at 12:40 pm your time. That'll be interesting. So stoked to spend time out there. My wife and I have never been oversees.

You'll love it!
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am
  • Steve2222 wrote:Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

LOL such confidence in our M's.
    Brett
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm
  • PhillySeahawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

Thanks.

It's not entirely impossible if you're willing to extend the weekend a little bit. The Mariners are away on the 23rd (Sunday) but have a home game on the 24th (Monday). There are only 2 Sundays in September where the Mariners aren't at home and those are the 16th and the 23rd. At least one (if not both) of these should be a home Seahawks game.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm
  • Depending on how much time you want to take off, did you look at any mid week home games? I once caught a Wed Mariners game prior to the Hawks Sunday game. Granted I had planned for a longer time off. Maybe there's a Thurs or Monday Mariner game that could work, again if you want to extend your trip.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    PhillySeahawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

Thanks.

It's not entirely impossible if you're willing to extend the weekend a little bit. The Mariners are away on the 23rd (Sunday) but have a home game on the 24th (Monday). There are only 2 Sundays in September where the Mariners aren't at home and those are the 16th and the 23rd. At least one (if not both) of these should be a home Seahawks game.

Sounds like the Hawks will start their season on the road then.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    PhillySeahawk wrote:

Thanks.

Sounds like the Hawks will start their season on the road then.

Unless we get a Monday night game, that is what I assume as well

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:45 pm
  • Good point. Hopefully the 2019 season starts with a Thursday night game!
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:11 pm
  • original poster wrote:Good point. Hopefully the 2019 season starts with a Thursday night game!

Eagles will have the TNF game to open up the season. Maybe if it is a double-header that night
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:14 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    original poster wrote:Good point. Hopefully the 2019 season starts with a Thursday night game!

Eagles will have the TNF game to open up the season. Maybe if it is a double-header that night

Eagles indeed have the 2018 opener, but let's hope they don't have the 2019 one as well :twisted:

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:26 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    original poster wrote:Good point. Hopefully the 2019 season starts with a Thursday night game!

I know, I said the 2019 season :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:13 pm
  • Remember that Monday Night was a double header too. That was the opener anyway. Early game was N.O. at Minney.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information