Scheduling Question

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Planning on coming out from Chicago for a game this season. Would love to pick a weekend when the Mariners are playing as well. Do they ever schedule Seahawks home games in September when the Mariners are home too? I'm guessing no since the 2 weekends the Mariners at home in September, The Sunday game would be during the Seahawks game time as well (assuming not a prime time game)

Steve2222

Reaction score
Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

OP
OP
PhillySeahawk

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":l2xivmhg said:
Nope. The Mariners will be out of time. Only chance of a scheduling conflict between Mariners and Seahawks both being home would be if the Mariners make the playoffs. Which we know will never happen.

Thanks.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
How about the 3rd pre-season game assuming it's at home?

I know it's not as good as a regular season game but the 3rd game gets you as close as possible plus doing the M's think may be workable as well.

The Hawks Broncos pre-season game some years ago was EVERY bit of a regular season game for 3 plus quarters.

Way cheaper as well.

Or, if the Hawks are on the road the first week the M's more than likely would be at home so if you could swing a 7-9 day visit that could work as well, just more time and money consuming.

Have fun regardless of when you come to town.

GO HAWKS!!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
M’s game?

Unless you are a die hard fan, there’s way better stuff to do in the Seattle area.

I understand that the 2fer would be cool but don’t overlook the other stuff to do.

Cheers, enjoy the trip.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":5wwbysd8 said:
M’s game?

Unless you are a die hard fan, there’s way better stuff to do in the Seattle area.

I understand that the 2fer would be cool but don’t overlook the other stuff to do.

Cheers, enjoy the trip.

Agreed, riding the Mono Rail for 3 hours would be more exciting.

mikeak

Reaction score
My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

pmedic920

Reaction score
mikeak":2rg5oww3 said:
My suggestion is to catch the Huskies on a Saturday instead and Seahawks Sunday / Monday

Excellent idea, and something I’ve always wanted to do on one of my trips.
Never been able to convince the wife to do back to back Football games though.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
mikeak":wpqq3ke8 said:

Yep, better odds of both teams winning too. :twisted:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hope when M's make the playoffs y'all don't act like you were down since day 1.

Well, maybe you guys are smarter and happier. Sigh.

chris98251

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":zi9s2ntl said:

Is Howard Lincoln and John Ellis still in charge is the only question you have to ask.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":20v8d89k said:
pmedic920":20v8d89k said:
M’s game?

Cheers, enjoy the trip.

Agreed, riding the Mono Rail for 3 hours would be more exciting.

It's not the Monorail... but when I go to games, I stay at the airport hotels and take the train up to the game. The $300 I save on the hotel room almost pays for the tickets.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":omqypl10 said:

I’m a Mariners fan, but the “true to the blue” Mariners fans crack me up. Always optimistic for some reason unbeknowst to me. What makes you think that damn team will be making the post season anytime soon? They currently have the longest playoff draught in the Big 4. They are the worst sports franchise in America.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
You should go to the Columbia center tower as well
Only ten bucks I think and same for parking and the view at that time of year is incredible from 900 feet up
The viewing is the entire floor to so you get to see all of Seattle all the way around
Pretty cool and well over a third taller than the space needle
Much better viewing area as well Zero blocked lookouts
We had Cessna's that were flying lower than we were
It was way cooler than I expected
:greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling: :greetingsearthling:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3v4eqlp4 said:
mikeak":3v4eqlp4 said:

Yep, better odds of both teams winning too. :twisted:

At least the Huskies anyway. :stirthepot:

mikeak

Reaction score
pmedic920":3l3v3hrp said:
mikeak":3l3v3hrp said:

Excellent idea, and something I’ve always wanted to do on one of my trips.
Never been able to convince the wife to do back to back Football games though.

I have done it the last two seasons and it is great. Huskies plays mostly at night so good party

First year Seahawks was SNF / MNF so quite a few hours between games

Last year they were MNF against Atlanta so got a day in between. Washington game was epic especially last three minutes. Flew home Tuesday morning and walked straight into work. I was mostly sober by then.......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a season ticket holder for the Hawks and the Huskies. Love the double dips. Though I would love to see a heck of a lot more day games for UW. It's brutal when they have home games starting at 7 or later and then a Hawks game the next day. Even if you take the rail, you don't get home til very late.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2efa7cat said:
I'm a season ticket holder for the Hawks and the Huskies. Love the double dips. Though I would love to see a heck of a lot more day games for UW. It's brutal when they have home games starting at 7 or later and then a Hawks game the next day. Even if you take the rail, you don't get home til very late.

You should try being a fan out of America!

SNF/MNF/TNF games don't finish till around 4/5am!

Even a regular game tends to finish between 12.30am and 1am unless they're playing an early game on the east coast (didn't happen once last season).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. My friend Deano lives in the UK, it's crazy how late you guys are up for games. 8 hours ahead right? Dayum :shock:
We were talking about how strange it will be to adjust etc. Our game out there is 6pm your time, 10am our time.

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3u32tv6k said:
No doubt. My friend Deano lives in the UK, it's crazy how late you guys are up for games. 8 hours ahead right? Dayum :shock:
We were talking about how strange it will be to adjust etc. Our game out there is 6pm your time, 10am our time.

Yep, 8 hours. Big bonus of the offseason is now feeling like death on Monday mornings!

I didn't get to bed till gone 5am after the Super Bowl.

Wouldn't change it for the world, though.