What did Philly have that Seattle lacked?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
A run game probably the biggest thing, they also appeard to have a lot more discipline than Seattle in so many ways.

droop828

Reaction score
A weak schedule that allowed them to get HFA. Then played the 6 seed at home. Then got a Vikings team that had just gotten one of the most improbable wins in NFL history and obviously weren’t ready to play. Then the weakest version of NE that we’ve seen in a decade. There’s a reason we beat them good as we always do.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
O-line men?
Gutsy play caller and Play execution ... yup. They executed play after play after play.
A TE they actually threw the ball to?
Nick Foles just throwing the ball...
Their D was poor, but came through when it mattered.

Edit: by staff.

original poster

Reaction score
A run game
Offensive lineman
Excellent play calling
3rd down conversions
Tight end that delivered all over the field
Brutal defensive front 4
Better depth
Adequate kicker
More hunger in the locker room
Excellent execution
Fans that eat horse poo (Youtube it)
Disciplined on the penalties

mistaowen

Reaction score
The best offensive line in football and a 1-2 punch of power and speed at RB.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
I'll stick with offensively:

-A competent Oline, Oline coach/scheme
-Aggressive play calling
-Playcalling to win instead of playcalling to not lose (huge difference)
-Not forcing your pass catching TE to block at the point of attack, and using said TE in ways to succeed based on his skillset
-overall just a better team at nearly every offensive skill position, their RB/WR/TE depth is far superior
-they have nearly everyone on their team locked up for at least the next 2 years as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJlargent

Reaction score
Good coaching and a good OL.

You can't win without a running game, and you can't run without a decent OL. Also need QB pressure.

Hopefully our FO took note.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Are you talking about the year we lost in the SB?

A.

Better coaching.

Better quarterback play.

A willingness to use the RPO throughout the game.

Or now?

A. Pretty much everything

(Hint: we were a team that did not make the playoffs. We aren't that good right now)

original poster

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2o5omkm3 said:
Did anyone else notice how the Front Line blocks when they run inside? I envy their run game.

They were opening some serious lanes. Their second level blocking was superb as well.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":20t47jh2 said:
Did anyone else notice how the Front Line blocks when they run inside? I envy their run game.

Yes and Cable was screaming at his TV, "You're blocking it all wrong"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We smoked them when we played them so does that mean we automatically would have beaten the Patriots too? Nope. The NFL is weird that way. I've always maintained that every game is its own entity. What happens one week has no bearing on the next. The best thing the Eagles did was stay aggressive for most of the game. The one time they went soft was towards the end of the game when they called a weak running play on 3rd down where they ended up having to kick a field goal to go up 8 instead of sealing the deal with an aggressive play call to keep the chains moving.

They are very fortunate that play didn't come back to bite them in the ass but outside of that they did a great job. Brady's stats were off the charts but that strip sack at the end of the game was truly the difference. It's hard to say how the Seahawks would have played yesterday. It's a coin toss if they would have won or not. Certainly we have the talent on paper to do it. But game plan, scheme, coaching...Those are the ultimate variables in my mind.

I am SO looking forward to the Seahawks being back in the Big Dance. I feel it's going to happen within the next two or three years. Let's get another Lombardi! The first one is lonely. But kudos to the Eagles and their fans. We have had a lot in common over the years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HFA, that's what they had..............and a coaching staff that went for broke with their scheme and playcalling, and of course execution.

Cause you can have all sorts of innovative playcalling, but if you don't execute it doesn't matter. So give the players credit as well, especially Foles, he made some incredible throws.