Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

I wonder how many players have made visits to the team and then been drafted or signed.
    NET Veteran

• The correlation is high for those visiting and those worked out, frequently though the late picks are relatively surprising.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

I wonder how many players have made visits to the team and then been drafted or signed.

Looking at my old charts I have them with the following visits in previous years -

2017 -

Malik McDowell
    Shaq Griffin
    Otha Peters (was an UDFA signing)

(I think neither of those were their number 1 targets, but it's just how the draft fell)

2016 -

Germain Ifedi
    Joey Hunt
    Zac Brooks
    Rees Odhiambo
    Christian French
    George Fant

You can guarantee at least a few visits result in selections. The team typically spends a lot of their 30 visits on much later round/UDFA guys.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Looking at my old charts I have them with the following visits in previous years -

2017 -

Malik McDowell
    Shaq Griffin
    Otha Peters (was an UDFA signing)

(I think neither of those were their number 1 targets, but it's just how the draft fell)

2016 -

Germain Ifedi
    Joey Hunt
    Zac Brooks
    Rees Odhiambo
    Christian French
    George Fant

You can guarantee at least a few visits result in selections. The team typically spends a lot of their 30 visits on much later round/UDFA guys.

Wow, you have those charts... I appreciate the response.

I was curious how we might ever distinguish between FO hopes and dreams, reality, and smokescreens. I highly doubt they'd spend many of their visits on players they had no interest in picking up.

Ok, I'll let this thread get back to roster issues.
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks add QB- Stephen Morris

Per: http://www.profootballtalk.com
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• This is not confirmed, merely what I expect it to be.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• The team has apparently agreed to terms and will re-sign QB- Austin Davis.

Source: elsewhere here, http://www.kffl.com/team/33/nfl/gnews.p ... h-seahawks reports it is a no bonus vet min deal.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Defensive lineman Branden Jackson, center Joey Hunt, and long snapper Tyler Ott signed their exclusive rights tenders, locking them up with Seattle for the 2018 season.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Linebacker Paul dawson has also been resigned.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Billy Price also visited, given he injured himself at the combine on the bench press his stock is falling and will prove to be an absolute steal in the second round.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• And reminds us all of how much the S. Richardson trade was a mistake.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks for posting that Kitsap, the OTC.com number is slightly lower.

Think I am up to date as far as the announced numbers at last.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap, all now updated to the state of present knowledge

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Can anyone help me with what happened with the picks trades?

It appears the team traded up to #149 from #156 to draft a punter, he's undoubtedly a good punter. Did they really give away the last two 7ths (#226 and #250) to move up? This cost them 3 picks to acquire a punter? I guess John Ryan could be on his way out. Is JS channelling Tim Ruskell?

EDIT:

I was wrong about the trade as the #250 pick was compensation to the Patriots for CB- Coleman.

JS will only be channelling Ruskell if he keeps two P's on the final 53.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• To get Dickson, the Seahawks traded the 157th overall pick and the 226th overall pick (seventh round) to the Broncos, so that they could move up seven spots in the fifth round to grab the Texas punter with the 149th pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018 ... sons-life/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap, I think it was pick #156 they trade up to #149 with instead of #157.

After looking at some film on the punter I think John Ryan's time here is limited. This young punter is very good.

Drafting a punter gave me a Ryan Plackmeier flashback, some how thoughI’d doubt the team would cut a Michael Bennett prospect to keep two punters on the final roster.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I haven’t yet updated the roster to include the UDFA additions yet b/c the numbers seems wrong for 90.

Will update when there is some confirmation from the team.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I have the Seahawks with $5,758,856 in cap space.

The rookie class, at least during the 'rule of 51' clause is in place has cost the team a total of $1,782,251.

The contracts that count, in full, are the top 3 totalling $3,316,367

The remaining 6 that don't make the top 51 in terms of value still have their prorated signing bonus count which totals $355,884 over the 6 players

The bottom 3 that came off the top 51 total $1,890,000
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• How much of the cap is usually reserved for in-season injury replacements and/or trades? It seems wise to me not to spend it all at the beginning of the season. Of course, I probably thinking too simplistically, and I admit not knowing enough about the cap laws.
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:How much of the cap is usually reserved for in-season injury replacements and/or trades? It seems wise to me not to spend it all at the beginning of the season. Of course, I probably thinking too simplistically, and I admit not knowing enough about the cap laws.

Ideally you want at least $2-3M.

Seattle was dangerously close to $0 last season a few times IIRC, it was the main reason Dwight Freeney was released.

I've just written a long post about the cap and how the draft has changed it, I'll post it now :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm going to update the roster by adding the UDFA players who I believe there is confirmation of actually signing instead of just being invited to the rookie mini camp.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:I'm going to update the roster by adding the UDFA players who I believe there is confirmation of actually signing instead of just being invited to the rookie mini camp.

Definitely, big difference.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• There are three others DT- Eddy Wilson, OG- Skyler Phillips, and DB- Chris Hawkins who I think could also be signed but there is not solid outside confirmation yet. I expect this to clarify in the next 24.

Thanks for posting the revised cap number OP I was curious after the recent Maxwell signing.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• At present I'd assume there are at least 3 players who are either NFI or IR still and wouldn't be counted towards the 90.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:There are three others DT- Eddy Wilson, OG- Skyler Phillips, and DB- Chris Hawkins who I think could also be signed but there is not solid outside confirmation yet. I expect this to clarify in the next 24.

Thanks for posting the revised cap number OP I was curious after the recent Maxwell signing.

That doesn't actually include the Maxwell signing, I think his cap hit will be $2-2.5M though :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Still waiting on number assignments, although won't buy any till the regular season or just before if they have weird ones, Penny should have 20 it's available, Griffin could wear a 40 series and still be able to drop into the secondary or play the line I think with new rules.

Flowers isn't getting Kams number just yet don't think, Kam still needs injury settlement or release, if he is IR'ed then his number stays with him, although the team could assign 25 to him and piss off Sherman at the same time.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/seattle-se ... 1956564534
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Thanks Sheriff, as long as it wasn't 59, will still wait although his number was 18 in college, that twin thing they may do something wacky there.

His jersey is going to fly off the racks initially both as a fan and collectors item.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Penny is the only other one up for rookies. He's #20.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Penny is the only other one up for rookies. He's #20.

Home site has McKissic with it right now.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I’m pretty excited to see all our rookies. I’m extremely curious to see a 5’11” 310 pound DT with an 80+” wingspan. Running into him will be like the running into a wall. Poona could easily become a fan favourite.

Thanks for the info everyone will update now.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I've got my Shaquem Griffin jersey in the post!
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• How awesome is that!

As I say to all my gang, “Lucky Ol’ You!”.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information