Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm
  • It's a totally justifiable figure. Predictions should be based on what you know, and let's face it, here isn't much to know right now. The entire coaching staff has been fired, we have key players who may have career-ending injuries, players threatening to hold out, players we can't afford to sign, a horrible O-line, and no running backs.

    If you think about it, it's actually kind of a compliment that it's only 30 to 1.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1072
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm
  • maybe it means that somebody, somewhere (bookies, fans?) believes the seahawks have 'about as much chance as anyone else' to win it all.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1484
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 pm
  • I'd put $50 on it at 30 -1
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7489
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 pm
  • Yeah it sounds about right. We'll know a lot more in the next 6 weeks as FA opens up. I can't wait.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3174
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am
  • Good, hopefully everyone counts them out.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11250
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am
  • These odds must have come out before we hired schottenheimer.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1582
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 am
  • rjdriver wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

    That’s actually a great thing for those of us that put a little green on the futures bet for the Hawks. More bang for the buck when they win it all. 8)


    A C-note will get you 3K, that will last me almost 24 hrs in Vegas.



    Depends on what she looks like.


    24 hrs? Maybe for you, for me she better be a damned good conversationalist, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1072
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:25 am

Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 am
  • Good luck.

    I don't expect a Super Bowl.

    But I don't think it is crazy to at least want to see a competitive playoff game past the freaking wild card game.

    If we can get just a win in past the wild card game, I would be happy.

    Maybe a competitive conference championship game if I am greedy.

    Once we get to that point (IF), then it would be interesting to discuss whether we can make a SB again in the near future. For now, maybe just getting to the playoffs and not getting blown out in every game past the wildcard game would be great.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3448
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:24 am
  • The NFC is absolutely stacked.
    I think you could make a legitimate case for almost every team in the NFC to make the playoffs and make a run.
    Philly - yes
    Dallas - yes
    NY Giants - probably not
    Washington - probably not
    Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina - strong contenders
    Tampa Bay - maybe they make a jump this year
    Minnesota - yep (doesn't matter the QB)
    Green Bay - Rodgers is back
    Detroit - maybe they make a jump this year
    Chicago - probably not
    LA Rams - yes
    Seattle - yes
    San Fran - probably a couple years away but maybe
    Arizona - depends on the QB but maybe
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:45 am
  • iigakusei wrote:The NFC is absolutely stacked.
    I think you could make a legitimate case for almost every team in the NFC to make the playoffs and make a run.
    Philly - yes
    Dallas - yes
    NY Giants - probably not
    Washington - probably not
    Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina - strong contenders
    Tampa Bay - maybe they make a jump this year
    Minnesota - yep (doesn't matter the QB)
    Green Bay - Rodgers is back
    Detroit - maybe they make a jump this year
    Chicago - probably not
    LA Rams - yes
    Seattle - yes
    San Fran - probably a couple years away but maybe
    Arizona - depends on the QB but maybe


    Pretty much nailed it...........even though it's WAY too early to predict before the draft, FA, camp, etc.

    But at this point in time with our current roster? Yep, 30-1 is about right........especially in this division with both SF and the Rams being on the rise.

    We better make the right moves in FA and the draft, or we might be in big trouble next year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14145
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 am
  • Looks like the writers have finally stopped overrating Wilson.
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 471
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:10 pm
  • LOL, pretty early to be handicapping anything, but reel yourself in if you bit on this stink bait.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 124
    Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:04 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 pm
  • In what world do writers overrate Wilson? :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11250
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm
  • Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25917
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:36 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him


    That's all old stuff, though.

    2017 season finally saw Russ get at least some of the recognition he deserves.

    Same applies to other teams, I often visit the boards of the team we are playing that particular week and I'd say nigh on 100% of them respect the hell out of Russ.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3174
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:49 pm
  • Actually that will be the final score with Seattle winning Super Bowl 53, 30 to 1. (That's actually a 7 with part of the top missing).

    (Or, it could be a 10, where the zero falls off because they went to old school scoreboards.)
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18160
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:12 pm
  • Who cares about the odds at this point?

    They aren’t telling us anything we don’t know....unless someone in here is in complete denial about the state of our team.

    If anything we should be grateful because it allows us to potentially make a whole lot more money if they win lol

    The bandwagon has bailed on us. So be appreciative that you can tell who the real fans are and be ready for anything next year.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 114
    Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 am
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:Who cares about the odds at this point?

    They aren’t telling us anything we don’t know....unless someone in here is in complete denial about the state of our team.

    If anything we should be grateful because it allows us to potentially make a whole lot more money if they win lol

    The bandwagon has bailed on us. So be appreciative that you can tell who the real fans are and be ready for anything next year.


    The bolded part is very true, I don't know if this team will go 6-10 or 12-4 next year. We will have a better ideal once free agency and the draft rolls around, though.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3174
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 am
  • NJlargent wrote:These odds must have come out before we hired schottenheimer.


    :rofl:
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16397
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:38 pm
  • 30:1 is Vegas being generous. I dont expect anything next season. I expect something after that though.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1176
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:30:1 is Vegas being generous. I dont expect anything next season. I expect something after that though.


    Kinda where I'm at.

    I see next year as a transition/roster turnover year. I know no one wants to hear that, but with how many holes we have right now in this roster combined with how loaded the NFC is, I see 2018 as a transition year to hopefully the right moves to make another SB run before Russell goes off to play baseball for whoever the Yankee's AA minor league team is.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14145
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him

    .With all due respect,I'm not really seeing how wrong that all is..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:29 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him

    .With all due respect,I'm not really seeing how wrong that all is..


    It's reductive to the point of absurdity and excludes every example of him throwing from the pocket, not relying on backyard football and at times throwing a ton of TDs when the defense had no answer. Not only that, it makes it seem like you've purposefully ignored comparisons to other QBs who have similar issues with their line.

    I am interested in your speculative theory on what the team should have actually done with regards to RW circa 2015 and all subsequent transactions - should be wild. Or are you just one of those "RW aint the guy for the job, lets get a new one" types?

    Pray tell, who from 2012's draft class onward is a better QB than RW?

    Screw it, I'll make a fool out of you - excluding 1st round QBs here are our options 2015 onward

    Garrett Grayson
    Sean Mannion
    Bryce Petty
    Brett Hundley
    Jacoby Brissett
    Cody Kessler
    Connor Cook
    Dak Prescott
    Cardale Jones
    Kevin Hogan
    Nate Sudfeld
    Jake Rudock
    Brandon Allen
    Jeff Driskel
    Brandon Doughty
    Davis Webb
    C.J. Beathard
    Joshua Dobbs
    Nathan Peterman
    Brad Kaaya

    Oh my yes, look at those QBs, we really missed out on someone in the 3rd round onward from 2015 to 2017, didn't we.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3513
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 pm
  • LOL! :)
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18160
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:13 am
  • We had Matt Flynn though and waisted our pick on a guy with bad measurables. :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25917
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:59 am
  • But wait, I thought this team was going to get blown out on Sunday night? I thought this team was supposed to win 4 or 5 games? The wrong is strong.........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11250
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:13 am
  • I didn't play anything this year. But a month ago I put $100 on The Hawks when they were 80-1
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2004
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:18 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him

    .With all due respect,I'm not really seeing how wrong that all is..


    It's reductive to the point of absurdity and excludes every example of him throwing from the pocket, not relying on backyard football and at times throwing a ton of TDs when the defense had no answer. Not only that, it makes it seem like you've purposefully ignored comparisons to other QBs who have similar issues with their line.

    I am interested in your speculative theory on what the team should have actually done with regards to RW circa 2015 and all subsequent transactions - should be wild. Or are you just one of those "RW aint the guy for the job, lets get a new one" types?

    Pray tell, who from 2012's draft class onward is a better QB than RW?

    Screw it, I'll make a fool out of you - excluding 1st round QBs here are our options 2015 onward

    Garrett Grayson
    Sean Mannion
    Bryce Petty
    Brett Hundley
    Jacoby Brissett
    Cody Kessler
    Connor Cook
    Dak Prescott
    Cardale Jones
    Kevin Hogan
    Nate Sudfeld
    Jake Rudock
    Brandon Allen
    Jeff Driskel
    Brandon Doughty
    Davis Webb
    C.J. Beathard
    Joshua Dobbs
    Nathan Peterman
    Brad Kaaya

    Oh my yes, look at those QBs, we really missed out on someone in the 3rd round onward from 2015 to 2017, didn't we.



    You're a MEAN one! :lol:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2675
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm
  • Hawks are getting healthy at the right time, and our strengths - top rushing game, bend-but-consistently-dont-break defense, Wilson still hot - are coalescing into narratives. I think 30-1 is fair.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16405
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:58 pm
  • Keyhawk wrote:We have fallen down the ranks compared to previous years. Even the Niners are ahead of us at 25-1.

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/


    Maybe some of you see me as too optimistic? but Im putting my money where my mouth is and throwing down a couple of hundred on this one...



    LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 512
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Seahawks 30-1 to win Super Bowl 53
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:53 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Writers overrating Wilson? Too Short, can't throw from the pocket, relies on back yard football, product of a great defense. Yeah we seen all the over rated news about him

    .With all due respect,I'm not really seeing how wrong that all is..


    It's reductive to the point of absurdity and excludes every example of him throwing from the pocket, not relying on backyard football and at times throwing a ton of TDs when the defense had no answer. Not only that, it makes it seem like you've purposefully ignored comparisons to other QBs who have similar issues with their line.

    I am interested in your speculative theory on what the team should have actually done with regards to RW circa 2015 and all subsequent transactions - should be wild. Or are you just one of those "RW aint the guy for the job, lets get a new one" types?

    Pray tell, who from 2012's draft class onward is a better QB than RW?

    Screw it, I'll make a fool out of you - excluding 1st round QBs here are our options 2015 onward

    Garrett Grayson
    Sean Mannion
    Bryce Petty
    Brett Hundley
    Jacoby Brissett
    Cody Kessler
    Connor Cook
    Dak Prescott
    Cardale Jones
    Kevin Hogan
    Nate Sudfeld
    Jake Rudock
    Brandon Allen
    Jeff Driskel
    Brandon Doughty
    Davis Webb
    C.J. Beathard
    Joshua Dobbs
    Nathan Peterman
    Brad Kaaya

    Oh my yes, look at those QBs, we really missed out on someone in the 3rd round onward from 2015 to 2017, didn't we.



    You're a MEAN one! :lol:


    GRINCH MODE!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3513
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm




It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online