Would your opinion of Kam change?

How would your opinion change if Kam can't play?

• Like him more!

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Dislike him more!

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Meh, don't care

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Hey! That's how the game is played!

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Kam sticks around for his 6.8m this year and 5.2m next, but can't play.

What say you?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Doesn’t change my opinion of him one bit. I’ll always appreciate what he’s done for this team and hope that his neck issue doesn’t too adversely impact the quality of the rest of his 50+ years.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I don't blame Kam at all. It is in the hands of team leadership to ensure they don't make similar contract mistakes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kobebryant":2ezbt4qz said:
Doesn’t change my opinion of him one bit. I’ll always appreciate what he’s done for this team and hope that his neck issue doesn’t too adversely impact the quality of the rest of his 50+ years.
This.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2tomix5e said:
kobebryant":2tomix5e said:
This.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
It's just how his contract is structured so he'd be stupid to walk away from the money and if he can't play he'll likely agree to a settlement and I voted other
It's a rock and a hard place

2_0_6

Reaction score
My opinion of Kam wont change no matter what the outcome is. My opinion of John and Pete will, the contract they created is terrible.

Cant blame Kam for signing that, all of us would have

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Just put yourself in his place; He laid all his physicality on the field of play, it's not his fault that he got injured, and who the hell in their right mind would walk away from the money that would help them through the hard times that are sure to be coming down the pike?..... Kam is no fool, and as someone stated back up the hill, business is business.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
scutterhawk":309s8e0l said:
Just put yourself in his place; He laid all his physicality on the field of play, it's not his fault that he got injured, and who the hell in their right mind would walk away from the money that would help them through the hard times that are sure to be coming down the pike?..... Kam is no fool, and as someone stated back up the hill, business is business.

+1
I sure as hell wouldn't walk away from the $$$.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
WmHBonney":248bnhot said:
scutterhawk":248bnhot said:

+1
I sure as hell wouldn't walk away from the $$$.
.+2

Atradees

Reaction score
This is not a tragedy mine you. People work 30 years and are physically forced into retirement without a payout. It's just his time.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I honestly thought I was alone in feeling like Kam should do what is best for himself. Glad to see so many people agreeing.

original poster

Reaction score
Very few would leave that amount on the table and walk away.

I don’t blame Kam at all, I blame the front office for giving him a stupid contract. I just hope the same thing doesn’t happen again anytime soon.

I expect he will be cut next offseason.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I blame the NFL for shitty rules that don't allow a player to retire with their guaranteed money without crippling the cap of the team that most likely will want to do what's right by the player. I feel confident the Seahawks would pay Kam his money happily if they didn't have to eat the cap. The rules as they stand cause resentment.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Kam ever plays another snap in the NFL. That is a serious injury that he suffered, he probably will not physically be able to play football. Sad to see him hang it up, but it is time he did so.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2ysei1fe said:
My opinion of Kam wont change no matter what the outcome is. My opinion of John and Pete will, the contract they created is terrible.

Of course they knew he was going to have a potentially career ending injury prior the end of his deal. Silly them for making the deal with Kam.

Kam was paid what was worth when the contract was agreed to. Kam still wants to play but he presently won’t pass medical clearance. Maybe he never will again. This a sad situation caisedby an injury.

I guess to some folks a crystal ball is essential to proper contract management. :sarcasm_on:

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zprt0jp said:
Kam is the best, most game altering SS in Seahawks team history. It is what it is.

I love Kam and what he has brought to the team, but please just hold on there with crowning him above the levels of our hall of fame SS. :141847_bnono:

Fc9c73da 7a37 11e7 8953 f559539f6ca3 780x565

jammerhawk

Reaction score
10-4 on that.

If you never saw Easley play you missed seeing one of the most dominant players at his position of all time. Kam is a great player but they are not the same.

Kenny had few weaknesses in his game he ran and covered like Earl and hit like Kam.