Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

• Absolutely

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 189 74.1%
  • I'd think about it

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought I'd create a fun poll that will obviously never happen but what the heck. I still wouldn't do it though but I'd think about it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Get a franchise QB. Wanna trade him. He has his short comings but goodness.

sdog1981

Reaction score
If the team does that then they should blow the whole team up and trade everyone along with Russ.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Trade the best QB the franchise has ever had? Um, no.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
People on this board would actually get behind this? Why not. There have been so very many franchise QBs on this team since 1976 it's hard to count them all. How hard could it be to just grab another one? They grabbed Russ in the 3rd round, they could just grab one with the 18th pick this year. Because really, it's just that easy. Grab another one next year. That way every few years they could just trade all these franchise QBs for a multitude of picks and eventually have every pick in the draft. Because aren't draft picks way more valuable than a player who is a proven winner and can rally the team from behind in nearly any game?? :roll:

Ill be so glad when we actually have things to talk about like the combine, free agency, draft, etc. Maybe then asinine topics like this will stop.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2axkxuy8 said:
People on this board would actually get behind this? Why not. There have been so very many franchise QBs on this team since 1976 it's hard to count them all. How hard could it be to just grab another one? They grabbed Russ in the 3rd round, they could just grab one with the 18th pick this year. Because really, it's just that easy. Grab another one next year. That way every few years they could just trade all these franchise QBs for a multitude of picks and eventually have every pick in the draft. Because aren't draft picks way more valuable than a player who is a proven winner and can rally the team from behind in nearly any game?? :roll:

Ill be so glad when we actually have things to talk about like the combine, free agency, draft, etc. Maybe then asinine topics like this will stop.

Its all in fun. Remember fun? Think back, way back, and you may recall what FUN is. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Imagine the haul Bobby Wagner would bring back in draft picks.

Sorry I’m new at these FF/Madden trade thing.

FWIW, I don’t want Wags traded, just trying to prove how silly these type of threads are at times.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
How is this a post? How is it even fun to think about? The messed up thing is there are 4 “absolutely’s” at this time. The irony is, the last pick we absolutely nailed was Russ. Lol.

massari

Reaction score
seabowl":1unld0qc said:
Thought I'd create a fun poll that will obviously never happen but what the heck. I still wouldn't do it though but I'd think about it.
Yeah most here are way to serious about this stuff but I think it's fun to consider, especially with the talk RW could get $30M per season when he signs his next deal. I voted "I'd think about it" because of that very reason.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
30 million is probaly the low end.
When these other QB's like Rodgers sign new deals I am thinking over 30 to 35 per.
The thought makes me vote top option.

Seymour

Reaction score
So I guess we can never have a great QB anymore because the thought of how much we may have to pay him one day is just too much burden on some fans. :roll:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson is one of the few brightspots on the team going into next season. He's the key component to build around.

Plus, I don't think Wilson could handle being traded twice in one offseason in two different sports

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
massari":1uau33pw said:
seabowl":1uau33pw said:
Yeah most here are way to serious about this stuff but I think it's fun to consider, especially with the talk RW could get $30M per season when he signs his next deal. I voted "I'd think about it" because of that very reason.

It's called fair market value. It's the cost of having a qb. Could always run a single wing offense I guess.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
You could get your pick of the QBs, probably get Barkley at 4, and maybe Derwin James at 18? Or go for a stud OL? Or trade down for more picks? Then 2 first round picks next year? With possible 2 extra 3rd round comp picks with your 3rd next year?

With Russell's contract gone and with Lane, Avril, Bennett cut, that's about 40m in additional cap space.

You gotta to give that some thought. You get younger, hungrier, and a lot of your stud core (QB, RB, S, maybe left OL and DL the next year) cheap for the next 4-5 years, and all that cap space back.

It could get you back to the SB in the next 2-3 years? Do you see this team back in the SB the way things are going in the next 2?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2qqxdyhb said:
So I guess we can never have a great QB anymore because the thought of how much we may have to pay him one day is just too much burden on some fans. :roll:
Pretty much.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfish":1cnnrtfu said:
You could get your pick of the QBs, probably get Barkley at 4, and maybe Derwin James at 18? Or go for a stud OL? Or trade down for more picks? Then 2 first round picks next year? With possible 2 extra 3rd round comp picks with your 3rd next year?

With Russell's contract gone and with Lane, Avril, Bennett cut, that's about 40m in additional cap space.

You gotta to give that some thought. You get younger, hungrier, and a lot of your stud core (QB, RB, S, maybe left OL and DL the next year) cheap for the next 4-5 years, and all that cap space back.

It could get you back to the SB in the next 2-3 years? Do you see this team back in the SB the way things are going in the next 2?
A pipe dream. More than likely the team would suck for the foreseeable future under your plan.
Yea, lots of cap space but then miss the playoffs for the next 15 years.

Not picking on you, but some tend to over value cap space and draft picks. Ask the Cleveland Browns how all of that cap space and all those draft picks are working out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkfish":14flu0yo said:

You talk like you can just walk up to the QB tree and pick your next FRANCHISE GUY, we were 40 years trying before, had decent guys play a few years in Zorn, Kreig, Hass, Moon. None were drafted by us by the way.

What makes you think that we will pick the next guy and be a success now, Browns have been trying for a long time, Colts got the next coming in Luck and how effective has that worked for them?

TreeRon

Reaction score
My vote of ABSOLUTELY is as ridicules as the thought.

Good thing there is an rule against drafting high schoolers. I hear there is soph at Sandpoint, ID HS that has a rocket arm we could get for a 1969 GTO. Open up a ton of cap space.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1tslof8q said:
Hawkfish":1tslof8q said:

You talk like you can just walk up to the QB tree and pick your next FRANCHISE GUY, we were 40 years trying before, had decent guys play a few years in Zorn, Kreig, Hass, Moon. None were drafted by us by the way.

What makes you think that we will pick the next guy and be a success now, Browns have been trying for a long time, Colts got the next coming in Luck and how effective has that worked for them?
The Browns have had horrible GM's and coaches..
The game has changed with FA and this stupid cap system that is forcing things to
be looked at different.
It is out of balance when you have to overpay by a lot to keep a QB.
I hate it myself but I didn't start the stupid process..
As I have said you got way more parts to a team in football than the
other sports with lot less games.