Seahawks land at #4 in ESPN's Quarterback Confidence Index

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
“Wilson would have been a legitimate MVP candidate if the Seahawks had been a playoff team,” Graziano stated. “That’s how brilliant his 2017 was without the help of a running game or reliable pass protection. He was, as we’ve pointed out a few times, the team’s leading rusher in 2017 by 346 yards.”

“Wilson has established himself as one of the game’s best, which is why the Seahawks rank here in spite of uncertainty at the backup spot,” Graziano continued. “Assuming Wilson doesn’t decide to stick in Yankees camp and make a run at the majors, the Seahawks go into 2018 with more confidence in this position than maybe any other.”

Based on the Seahawks’ ranking in the QB Confidence Index, Seattle should now focus their efforts on keeping Wilson upright, strengthing the offensive line and hunting down the elusive feature running back.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... nce-index/

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Question: Is there anything that would prevent Russ from switching to baseball if he chooses to do so?

getnasty

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2ubmfe3z said:
Question: Is there anything that would prevent Russ from switching to baseball if he chooses to do so?

He wouldnt make a major league roster but that's about it

chris98251

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1bymb61p said:

Talent and age.

I knew the mediots would start pumping this stuff, his Agent is a baseball guy anyway, Wilson is his only football client.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
getnasty":2znvxxdd said:
WmHBonney":2znvxxdd said:

Correct. RW hit .229 in the minors. Not exactly top flight talent when it comes to pro baseball.

sutz

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":15xglct6 said:
getnasty":15xglct6 said:
WmHBonney":15xglct6 said:

Correct. RW hit .229 in the minors. Not exactly top flight talent when it comes to pro baseball.
From what I hear, he couldn't hit a curve ball.

There's also the whole contract situation. He's under contract to Seattle, not to the Yankees. NY may own his baseball rights, but he's not under contract to them.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
sutz":ul5spttv said:
JGfromtheNW":ul5spttv said:
getnasty":ul5spttv said:
WmHBonney":ul5spttv said:

There's also the whole contract situation. He's under contract to Seattle, not to the Yankees. NY may own his baseball rights, but he's not under contract to them.

"Bats! They are sick. Straight ball, I hit it very much. Curve ball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come. Take fear away from bats. I offer him cigar and rum. He will come."

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":877kynv3 said:
sutz":877kynv3 said:
JGfromtheNW":877kynv3 said:
getnasty":877kynv3 said:

"Bats! They are sick. Straight ball, I hit it very much. Curve ball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come. Take fear away from bats. I offer him cigar and rum. He will come."

For the win

original poster

Reaction score
Sure I read the money he would make in his first few years would be so low it would make it extremely unlikely he'd ever do it, too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Looks about right to me.

TBH I could see the argument for putting the Seahawks #2 behind Green Bay.

(Given Brady's age and the lack of a backup there, and Wentz not having a full season of great play yet/his major injury and likely unavailabilty to start next year/Foles playing really well in the playoffs overshadowing him not being a very good QB.)

Seymour

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2dqn7jpl said:

Yes....$$$$, because he would not be able to afford Ciara anymore. :twisted:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seymour":2e72vfyb said:
WmHBonney":2e72vfyb said:

Lol
I don't follow baseball and know nothing about what it would take to make a MLB roster. I was just curious and there seem to be some logical answers to my question.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1py4ijeu said:
WmHBonney":1py4ijeu said:

I don't think that's much of an issue as long as Ciara can still afford Ciara. I may be off base here since I really have no clue how popular she is, but I've always thought it was similar to the Brady-Gisele situation where she makes more money than he does.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson's business and endorsements make him a lot of cash aside from football.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Man they have an index for everything.

I just read that Pete Carroll is #1 in the Fox Sports "Old Coaches that Wear White Tennis Shoes Index."

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":2n8cgnha said:
So if we had prime hasselbeck, would we be #2? :mrgreen:

Thats about right since he's twice as good as Wilson. :roll:

Latest posts