FAO - Pete Carroll Press Conference 9am PT Today

original poster

Reaction score
As above on NFL Network and I'm sure other places.

Feel free to discuss anything he says below.

It's the first time we've heard from him in about 2 months, can't wait!

Seymour

Reaction score
Typical Pete. Sherman "is competing like crazy" even though he recently had the 2nd foot operated on. :roll:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And don't forget he's "really fired up" about things.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Beyond the working hard coach speak.

So the reason they didn't get a more experienced QB coach seems to be cause Schottenheimer will essentially be OC/QB coach. Remove some of the layers for Wilson.

Nothing else jumped out to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What should he say? "Our guys are all banged up, they look horrible, we are gonna' suck next year"

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lowf3gh said:
What should he say? "Our guys are all banged up, they look horrible, we are gonna' suck next year"

He could always try "the truth".

You don't compete with 1 leg at a 50% and the other in a cast. :roll:

"He's committed to coming back strong, and is making great progress and is in good spirits" would do just fine and keep things positive.

Blatant lies do what for your faith?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, lots of negativity around here.

He could have just said, "don't know, can't talk with the players, they were all out with injuries that were serious before the year ended, but the reports seem positive". Instead, being upbeat about things he said what he did. Geez, you guys, chill. If you aren't Eeyore all the time you are lying to the masses? Sure, whatever?

I listened to the interview and got not very much of anything that we don't already know from it. Lots of coach-speak and very little of anything of substance. It's clear the team is being typically secretive as there are likely lots of balls in the air with ongoing talks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why would anyone expect anything other than extra positive from Pete? Meh, I'll take positive any day. Pete will always be the same, that's not going to change. Ever. And that's ok. He doesn't owe us anything. Coaches dodging the truth/issues has been going on for decades.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":7r2kecl1 said:
Geez, you guys, chill.

Well for me personally I was just trying to make a light joke. You might try heeding your own advice, LOL! :p :lol:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":u8tjyxg2 said:
SoulfishHawk":u8tjyxg2 said:

He could always try "the truth".

You don't compete with 1 leg at a 50% and the other in a cast. :roll:

"He's committed to coming back strong, and is making great progress and is in good spirits" would do just fine and keep things positive.

Blatant lies do what for your faith?

He did say essentially that:

"It's a bit of a setback for a couple weeks because he's in the boot on the other leg," Carroll said.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-achilles

Such a troll move to call his statement a 'blatant lie.'

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the Rah Rah stuff that grates on people, we know that one Achilles surgery is tough to come back from but two, that slows the recovery of the other one as well since he now has to rehab and get two legs up to a performance standard.

He is working hard and I believe that, it's how he is, but he also has no reason to rush back with his current contract, a second surgery makes him virtually untradeable as well.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Some of you should listen to other coaches sometimes. They all say nothing and just try and fill the time.

The Dan Lebatard Show does a segment every Monday of the season called Useless Sound and it's just a montage of coaches and players talking in post game pressers. Some of the things said are absolutely embarrassing for how pointless they are and Pete rarely makes an appearance.

On a side note, what's up with the guy asking Pete about Jim Kelly at the Scouting Combine? Just thought it was odd, considering Pete responded as if he'd never met him in his life.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Or we could have a guy who could answer all questions with answers like "we're on to 2019" "he's a football player on this team" "I don't know anything about snap face or instaa-book.

I actually get more annoyed during the season when Pete will say something like the number of penalties being unacceptable and need to be addressed and yet we don't see any improvement in it all year