What Are Your Expectations For The 2018 Seahawks?

What Are Your Expectations For The 2018 Seahawks?

• New coaches, new life. The magic returns. 11-5 or better.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I trust Pete and John to continue to deliver a competitive, top 10 team. 10-6 or better.

Votes: 46 37.4%
  • Same ol' same ol'. OL struggles, Russ running for his life. 9-7 at best.

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Wake up dummies. We are in full blown rebuild mode. 7-9 or worse.

Votes: 21 17.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Interested to hear what ya'll think.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Hard to say. They won 9 with no running game, Blair Walsh booting everything wide left, and season ending injuries to Sherman, Chancellor, and Avril. 10 wins is what my gut is telling me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
8-8,,,,7-9 maybe. Not expecting much this year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm going into next season with diminished expectations. 9-7 and missing the playoffs sounds about right.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
A lot of holes to fill on this team. Too many for one offseason. Still a lot of talent, but I think we're 8-8 or 9-7.

chris98251

Reaction score
I need to see the roster before I make a judgement call, how we orchestrate the draft and F.A. period. We could be a 2 - 14 or a 12 - 4 team depending on how well we set things up, well maybe not 2 - 14, 6 - 10 would be my low ball.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I really need to save my vote until after the dust settles and camp starts in July. But right now March 4th? If they lose Kam, Cliff, Mike B, and ET? 8-8. If they only lose Kam and Cliff 10-6

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
sdog1981":3uhvxkga said:
I really need to save my vote until after the dust settles and camp starts in July. But right now March 4th? If they lose Kam, Cliff, Mike B, and ET? 8-8. If they only lose Kam and Cliff 10-6

You're right....we really haven't a clue what shape the team will take until June or so. That's about four months away and a lot can happen in that time. Well I remember the year we Drafted Russell Wilson......things we not looking that good. Hence, I let my season ticket go due to a variety of issues....but within two weeks we picked up Russell and some other players that made all the difference in the world. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
10-6 if they keep Sherm and Earl, and find a halfway reliable kicker.
I expect the offense to be better since they 86’ed the 2 boat anchors that masqueraded as offensive coaches.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Realistically, this team has a lot of experience, but the suit is getting a bit worn. This div is going to be tough but even last year with a horrible OLine toothless running game they won 4 of 6. I see the team winning 11 games if they can find the running game, if not 10 - 6. If the team really has a defensive resurgence then 12 - 4.

Lots needs to go right this offseason for the team to stay together. They will be stronger in a few areas they were weak in last season. I do think the coaching has improved with the changes. It will be an interesting year.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Super Bowl.

Great coach - great qb - top 10 defense.

How many teams can say that?

BullHawk33

Reaction score
They are a contender until things happen that will prevent it. We have a QB, a solid D. That is a good start.

Each year people try to figure out what will happen but really our success is determined more by injuries than anything else. Increasingly, it isn't about what team is better on paper, it is about how well the people play that are healthy and on the field. Personnel decisions will be important but they had better be available. Too many times we've taken a flier on someone unhealthy during the draft that may pay off later and too often later doesn't come until the final year before they want a contract.

I do think John and Pete have taken risks to try to hit a homerun and when you do that, you do tend to have more strikeouts. It is a fine line. Hopefully, this year, they are able to find the way to hit on the picks we have because right now we don't have many.

12forlife

Reaction score
chris98251":11j0nbac said:
I need to see the roster before I make a judgement call, how we orchestrate the draft and F.A. period. We could be a 2 - 14 or a 12 - 4 team depending on how well we set things up, well maybe not 2 - 14, 6 - 10 would be my low ball.

Agreed! With PC/JS finally sacking up and showing Cable & Bevell the door, and getting Ken Norton back, I think that will be a big step in the right direction. Still way to early to think where this team ends up as far as record in 2018. If we as fans think the shake up ends with the coaching staff your sorely mistaken, PC/JS I believe are going to do some major fat trimming over the next couple months. Which must be done, With the Rams not going anywhere soon, and SF landing Jimmy Monobrow, and lots of cap space & draft capital we are looking at being 3rd in our own division. With that said without some major moves, and seeing if young talent steps it, Sherman comes back to near Pro Bowl caliber, ET gets a short extension 2-3, and move on from Chancellor, Bennett & Avril. 10-6 at best imo.

original poster

Reaction score
It's a really tough one to gauge.

I can just as easily see them go 6-10 as I can get to 13-3 and HFA through the playoffs.

We're likely to see huge changes to the roster and it all comes down to how the moves the front office makes work out. Once the draft is over it will be a lot easier to realistically gauge where this team stands, however, things can all change quickly as we well know.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think this offseason will be a nice breath of fresh air for those wanting to see some roster churns take place again. There needs to be an infusion of young, chip on their shoulder talent who aren't amazed by the pro bowl veterans and want to get on the field. It may be difficult for that to translate to a dominant winning season right away but with Russell and a focus on running the ball again, anything is possible. This team just needs to get out to a quick start early in games, defense was always created to play aggressive with a lead, tough to do that when the other team can just dink and dunk while the Seahawks offense manages 20 yards at half time.

I also think this season will be a starting point for the next brand of Seahawk football which will likely start to form in 2019 when contracts aren't bad and JS has a lot of draft picks. So much went wrong last year with a historically bad running game - tough to imagine this team plays worse even with some roster change growing pains.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
If they go all-in this year (and to hell with the future), I think that they can put up 10 wins, and even do some damage in the playoffs.

If we go into full rebuild mode, we win 6-7 games.

I think we split the difference, and end with 9 wins while also investing in the future.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1wwim0bg said:
A lot of holes to fill on this team. Too many for one offseason. Still a lot of talent, but I think we're 8-8 or 9-7.

Pretty much this.

Although, even last year, we easily could have been 12-4 with a decent kicker. So you never know.

But the Duane Brown trade just sacrificed way too much.