Jimmy Graham RUMORS

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here in Houston rumors are floating around that Jimmy may become a Texan.

I CAN NOT find anything to substantiate these rumors.

Is there anything floating around the Seattle area that may be pointing towards this move?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where Graham goes, I just know it won't be back here.

Too many good teams with lots of cap space and most importantly with more traditional offenses that can take better advantage of Graham's talent.

Bottom line, someone's going to give him a decent 2-3 year deal, and it won't be us.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah, Jimmy seems like an OK dude. He's just not a real TE, IMO. He has to know that this isn't the best place for his career regardless of who else wants what.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":sweeijup said:
Yeah, Jimmy seems like an OK dude. He's just not a real TE, IMO. He has to know that this isn't the best place for his career regardless of who else wants what.

If he didn't know before he got to Seattle, he certainly knows now.

he ain't a Hawk, and he isn't coming back.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Where will tight end Jimmy Graham land in free agency?
Matt Bowen, NFL writer: Houston. The Texans have the cap space, and Graham could be a key matchup piece in their heavy play-action scheme with Deshaun Watson back on the field at quarterback. Landing Graham also would give Watson another top red zone weapon to pair with standout wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins.

Dan Graziano, national NFL writer: Baltimore. The Ravens need all kinds of pass-catchers, including one at tight end. I say they make a play for Graham as they try to put more playmakers around Joe Flacco to see whether he can help them make one more run before it's all over.

Mina Kimes, senior writer: Denver. While Graham struggled at times last season in Seattle, he did one thing very well: scored touchdowns (10). The Broncos, who have a need at tight end, had the worst red zone efficiency percentage in the league. Adding Graham could be cost prohibitive if they sign Cousins, but it would help an offense that sorely needs a steady red zone threat.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2258 ... nings-cuts

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham was awesome for the Seahawks and added something everyone complained about before...Redzone TDs.

Wilson to Graham was a pitch and catch TD almost every time and now people are acting like that is easy to replace.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2nvwlegl said:
We're going to miss those ten touchdowns.

You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":5e9hmaow said:

Only if they all don't go to someone else and become 3 instead of 7. Lets also not assume his replacement gets zero either.

We sure aren't going to miss his 2nd in league leading drops or his disappearance between the 20's.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I always thought the offense ran better with Zach Miller.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2d3ei3cx said:
MontanaHawk05":2d3ei3cx said:

You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

When you combine that with the probable loss of Paul Richardson, it's pretty significant. Baldwin and Lockett are great, but we could certainly use a bigger receiver to complement them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GeekHawk":30z1r447 said:
MontanaHawk05":30z1r447 said:

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

El Caliente

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/970735014911635456[/tweet]

I don't know who this Tom Pelissero guy is, or how credible he is, but a number of Saints players have been making appeals to Jimmy to come back to New Orleans. I still think that Jimmy is a top 5-10 tight end, but Bevell didn't know how to use him. Jimmy's inability to block didn't help him stay on the field much, but he was misused.

I still think that the trade was fair.

We landed Max Unger and a 1st rounder (Stephon Anthony, who was traded this past year for a mid round pick)
You guys landed Jimmy and a 4th rounder which you used to land Tyler Lockett.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those Fantasy leagues are going to have to adjust to where he lands next year, oh my God!

IdahoVandalHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1dfit3i3 said:
MontanaHawk05":1dfit3i3 said:

Only if they all don't go to someone else and become 3 instead of 7. Lets also not assume his replacement gets zero either.

We sure aren't going to miss his 2nd in league leading drops or his disappearance between the 20's.

Or his no-effort blocking skills....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1v2l5b98 said:
GeekHawk":1v2l5b98 said:
MontanaHawk05":1v2l5b98 said:

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

chris98251

Reaction score
Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":252x6g48 said:
GeekHawk":252x6g48 said:
MontanaHawk05":252x6g48 said:

Alexander set the NFL record in TD's with 28. Our RB total for 2017 was 2.

Think about that for a minute when you "worry about scoring more TD's".

Latest posts