Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bennett + 7th traded to Eagles for 5th, WR Marcus Johnson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Eagles got better.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Horrible.

Eagles are even more dominant now. Welp, we got softer on D. Our offense better be pats.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• The rich get richer.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Decimation wrote:The rich get richer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really. I thought Bennett was washed up.
    /s
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Thanks Michael! You'll be missed. Today is a sad day, Bennett and probably Sherm too. Sigh.
    BC-Hawk
    NET Starter

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks for everything you did Michael. We don't win that Superbowl without him.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• That means Vinny Curry is gone for sure.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Starter

• Best of luck, Bennett.

For purely footballing reasons I'm not unhappy to trade him though, I have to say. Mature of the back-office to do this now rather than one year late.

Too many penalties and not nearly consistently disruptive.

Not sure about the WR though. Would much rather have got a round higher and/or kept P.Rich.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?

Camp body.

I'm glad you're so excited about seeing 8.5 sacks and a top 5 shutdown corner get kicked to the curb.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Aw man, I really really like Mike B. Doesn't look like we got much value at all. Do we still have to eat the 5.5M in dead cap?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I would have liked a better pick, but not surprised.

Thanks Bennett for all you did for us Hawk Fans.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• LOL to those overvaluing Bennett.

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

Fun off season begins! We are players now.
    Last edited by Seymour on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Why the Eagles?
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?

Camp body.

I'm glad you're so excited about seeing 8.5 sacks and a top 5 shutdown corner get kicked to the curb.

Never said I was excited. Horrible drafting and cap management is why this is going to be a big hit. Bennett's time was up here imo but our gm did nothing to fill these holes that are now left. Like I said...rebuild has begun.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Is that a 2018 5th, or next year? Anybody know or heard?

Sorry to lose Mike, hope we have someone who can step up.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• The Eagles were really high on Marcus Johnson but he just wasn't good enough to crack the active roster but I think the Eagles found him expendable because they have a similar guy, Shelton Gibson on the roster too.

I think Bennett replaces Vinny Curry. Bennett carries a 5.5M cap number in 2018. Curry has a 11-12M in 2018. So they'll trade or maybe even cut Curry and replace him with Bennett at half the number.
    Last edited by xkj1985x on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• and a 7th why!!! today gonna be a bonfire
    thx for the memory's MB
    Last edited by Str8OuttaSkittles on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Seymour wrote:LOL to those overvaluing Bennett.

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

Sorry, but have you seen the Super Bowl Champs D-Line? Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox on the inside Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham on the outside. Yikes.

And all we got is pretty much an early sixth round pick. Granted MB hasn’t performed as well as of recent, still doesn’t change the fact he’s only 32 and can turn it around again.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

i expect john to not give away picks
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Rat wrote:Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Decimation wrote:
    Seymour wrote:LOL to those overvaluing Bennett.

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

Sorry, but have you seen the Super Bowl Champs D-Line? Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox on the inside Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham on the outside. Yikes.

And all we got is pretty much an early sixth round pick. Granted MB hasn’t performed as well as of recent, still doesn’t change the fact he’s only 32 and can turn it around again.

This isn't about team talent. This is about getting rid of those not all in or not able to let go of the past.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Decimation wrote:
    Seymour wrote:LOL to those overvaluing Bennett.

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

This isn't about team talent. This is about getting rid of those not all in or not able to let go of the past.

It was time to part ways, yes, but it’s just going to feel weird not seeing a bunch of fan favorites out there in blue and green.

Here’s to hoping for an incredible draft that will make this team better than ever. As long as we have Russell, we should be fine.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• For Seattle to stay competitive moves like this need to happen. Yes I hate to see Mike leave and appreciate everything he's done for the team. But last year, as productive as he was, you could see him slowing down. As many have noted here how many "trip over his own shoes" incidents did he have in the backfield? Age hits us all eventually.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie

• As usual, fans will act like the Hawks should have got a haul for a guy. Trades just don't bring much back these days. Sure it would have been nice to get a 4th or something, but this was probably the best offer they got. Fans do not know more than Pete and John. Bummer that it's to the Eagles, but oh well. Thx for the years Michael. It feels like it was time to move on from him. News flash, it doesn't matter one bit if we think the team could have got a better deal.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• I said a 7th, 6th, and Bennett would net a 5th rounder.

Almost nailed it. Should have known since we don't have a 6th.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Marcus Johnson is just subterfuge to make the trade look better. He was an undrafted free agent with five career receptions.

I expect Sheldon Richardson to sign now. That's what this trade was really about, IMO.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?

Camp body.

Let’s be honest. Is Sherman a Top 5 lockdown corner anymore? List the your Top 5 cornerbacks please.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Hey, hey, meow...we almost always come out on top when trading with the Eagles. Watch that 5th rounde4 turn into a nice pass rusher as a rook and starter down the road.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• 253hawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.

Still 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures.

EDIT: Eh. I won't gripe too much. Can't fault the FO for moving on at Bennett's age.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER HE IS A IDIOT
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Starter

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Could care less about Bennett leaving, but this makes no sense at all. Another PED infringement and he'll be suspended for at least 2 seasons (and its bound to happen). The team needs money and they dont need to be spending it on 31 year old headcases.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.

In fairness, veteran players almost never bring in good trade hauls. Bennett is still a good player, but he was 33 and had off the field concerns. Remember when Anquan Boldin and a ridiculous playoffs en route to a SB, and then was traded for a 6th round pick the ensuing a couple months later?
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• :irishdrinkers:
    hawksincebirth wrote:FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER HE IS A IDIOT

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm..... trading a aging asset that is battling injury is good GMing. I dunno if you watched Bennett last year but that man looks done
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

• This is all about 2019 folks - Sherman too.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Camp body.

Never said I was excited. Horrible drafting and cap management is why this is going to be a big hit. Bennett's time was up here imo but our gm did nothing to fill these holes that are now left. Like I said...rebuild has begun.

Frank Clark is a better player right now and much younger. He'll get his chance to be a full-time starter.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• xStickybudz wrote::irishdrinkers:
    hawksincebirth wrote:FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER HE IS A IDIOT

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm..... trading a aging asset that is battling injury is good GMing. I dunno if you watched Bennett last year but that man looks done

He had an off year with a foot injury and was still better than average. The foot injury casts doubt on forward performance but he hardly looked 'done' and i defy you to provide an analysis where he is anything but average at worst.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:

He has five career catches on eight targets and a lost fumble. He has zero special teams tackles.

He was not productive in college either, which is why he went undrafted.
    Last edited by hawknation2018 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    253hawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

EDIT: Eh. I won't gripe too much. Can't fault the FO for moving on at Bennett's age.

Frank Clark has been more productive these last 2 years. it's time to give him a chance at starting.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for being a warrior for us on the field Michael. Thank you for being a big part in delivering our first championship to us. Good luck. Ignore the haters.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The cancer has been excised.
    replicant
    NET Rookie

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    253hawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Frank Clark has been more productive these last 2 years. it's time to give him a chance at starting.

Frank Clark has been starting . . . on the other end. He's not a replacement for Bennett.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• This is cause for celebration. Great move JS, perfect choice for first person to vote off the island.

Let's keep it going! Who's next?
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information