Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bennett + 7th traded to Eagles for 5th, WR Marcus Johnson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Doesnt mean anything, but Eagle fans dont seem to like this trade either. They dont want Bennett.


    There are racist Eagles fans, too.


    I don't think it's racist if you're coming from a pure Seahawks/football fan perspective. He was a major distraction, and I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not that our decline as a team seemed to coincide with his political BS. I hate it when players bring that crap onto the field. Just brings unnecessary distractions when every brain should be concentrating 100% on Football. Funny how in 2 seasons he went from one of my favorite Seahawks to the one I wanted gone the most... And I'm a lefty, btw... Buh bye Michael. Thanks for all your prior contributions to our team. Much appreciated.


    A major distraction to whom?

    The basis of the Bennett trade need not be predicated at all on wild speculation from fans who insert themselves into the lockeroom in a way that would make Peter King blush.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3668
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm




  • How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1936
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • chris98251 wrote:Patriots announce release of Martellus Bennett, Bernard Reedy, I imagine that Michael would have been a bit confused with this also, hey but now we can bring in his Brother at TE since he was released and a lot wanted him last year.


    NO...even the Packers disliked his play and jettisoned him. The fans I deal with were happy he left/got traded.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7591
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • adeltaY wrote:

    How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews


    I hope this is fake. Nice guys finish last.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Patriots announce release of Martellus Bennett, Bernard Reedy, I imagine that Michael would have been a bit confused with this also, hey but now we can bring in his Brother at TE since he was released and a lot wanted him last year.


    NO...even the Packers disliked his play and jettisoned him. The fans I deal with were happy he left/got traded.


    Oh come on, he was only injured most the year and pouted his way off the Packers, but look at Erin, who wouldn't pout :P
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23663
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Patriots announce release of Martellus Bennett, Bernard Reedy, I imagine that Michael would have been a bit confused with this also, hey but now we can bring in his Brother at TE since he was released and a lot wanted him last year.


    NO...even the Packers disliked his play and jettisoned him. The fans I deal with were happy he left/got traded.


    Oh come on, he was only injured most the year and pouted his way off the Packers, but look at Erin, who wouldn't pout :P


    I did not know you could make such a great argument.....So I must give in...




    Well...not exactly. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7591
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • ducks41468 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

    How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews


    I hope this is fake. Nice guys finish last.


    Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16310
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • adeltaY wrote:Can anyone show how Mike B was a distraction and prove that it affected our on field performance? Does Doug's activism get anywhere near the same "distraction" treatment? All I can think of are the offsides penalties which are consistently a part of his game and the end of game fight with the Jags.


    That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3521
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Can anyone show how Mike B was a distraction and prove that it affected our on field performance? Does Doug's activism get anywhere near the same "distraction" treatment? All I can think of are the offsides penalties which are consistently a part of his game and the end of game fight with the Jags.


    That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...


    Imagining yourself on the team is the first mistake. I'm sure if you interacted daily with any of the dudes like MB or Malcolm Jenkins over the course of 4-5 seasons in the NFL and 3 to 4 prior season in the NCAA you wouldn't be automatically arrested by their strong opinions on topics vitally important to them.

    Fan in armchair assuming a fundamental change in circumstance and assuming they, themselves remain the static variable...cmon.

    Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.

    Chris Long aint sweating it.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3668
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Can anyone show how Mike B was a distraction and prove that it affected our on field performance? Does Doug's activism get anywhere near the same "distraction" treatment? All I can think of are the offsides penalties which are consistently a part of his game and the end of game fight with the Jags.


    That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...


    Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.


    Hypothetical, yet anyone paying any attention can make a pretty logical conclusion. Percy Harvin anyone? And we can see you're basing things politically. I was basing my opinion on general human nature. To think that locker room distractions do not exist is not accurate.
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3521
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • adeltaY wrote:

    How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews

    IF TRUE I'm convinced JS/PC like getting fleeced in trades to make more friends around the league.


    HawkFan72 wrote:Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?

    If I'm the Eagles I 100% understand a team turning down a deal to make a better one if it came in last minute. Are GM's really that juvenile?

    EDIT: Is this forum now to the point where you can't even post "WTF"? LOL
    Last edited by massari on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Can anyone show how Mike B was a distraction and prove that it affected our on field performance? Does Doug's activism get anywhere near the same "distraction" treatment? All I can think of are the offsides penalties which are consistently a part of his game and the end of game fight with the Jags.


    That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...


    Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.


    Hypothetical, yet anyone paying any attention can make a pretty logical conclusion. Percy Harvin anyone? And we can see you're basing things politically. I was basing my opinion on general human nature. To think that locker room distractions do not exist is not accurate.


    Youre not employing logic though. In the absence of info that confirms your thesis youre resting on ambiguity and other players as foundational rationale for your thesis.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3668
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    That's not exactly something you can "prove". It's just imagining yourself on the team and all the non-football talk going on in the locker room that could have been spent on breaking down the opponents weaknesses. Logical conjecture, but not pure fact. But a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as how you know he was talking and thinking about it instead of thinking football. He was distracting himself if nobody else. Maybe that had something to do with all those damn off-sides penalties. Anyhoo, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Sherm however... He's been kinda the same but to a much lesser degree. But both overpaid for what they NOW contribute (I realize that's up for argument, but I'm looking ahead to this coming season, another year older). Paid way more for less performance than what they used to do for much less. That is the formula that the Pats have avoided to remain perennially competitive. Something we need to embrace. Make the tough cuts to remain on the top of the heap. I'm pretty sure we're seeing the beginnings of an attempt to embrace the Patriots philosophy. I hope so anyways...


    Again, once and for all hopefully, anyone talking about Bennett being a distraction is doing so in a hypothetical farce where you're still unmoved by a teammate speaking up about a particular empathetical blind spot for years.


    Hypothetical, yet anyone paying any attention can make a pretty logical conclusion. Percy Harvin anyone? And we can see you're basing things politically. I was basing my opinion on general human nature. To think that locker room distractions do not exist is not accurate.


    Youre not employing logic though. In the absence of info that confirms your thesis youre resting on ambiguity and other players as foundational rationale for your thesis.


    I said it was just my opinion, and to take it or leave it. I'm just relying on common sense and what I've garnered from previous stories I've heard of locker room distractions. It's a real thing, and has brought down more than one team. And it's not too hard to imagine yourself in a locker room of teammates with an elephant in the room. Let's just leave it at that, Mmmkay?
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3521
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • It's business, either you have a deal or you don't have a deal. Doing what you say you would do has more value than becoming known as sharp and unreliable in transactions. Play the game for the long term and seek no smalladvantage in small things that lessen your reputation.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4840
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image

    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3521
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • The worst part of the trade is he is going to place where he can be part of a rotation and will not be playing 80% of the snaps. So every big game he has people on this site will lose their lunch.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1841
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


  • massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    Bennett didn't really make the pro bowl. He was an alternate... I guess you can say that's making it if you want.

    Also by your own graphic he played better in 2011-2014 and went to No pro bowls... So the simple argument that he went to a pro bowl is flawed.
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1246
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year.


    Great visual...

    One more thing....Pro B..Owl..is that not a popularity contest for 2 hand touch or flag football. Cmon man....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7591
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.

    YAY! We traded a Pro Bowler+7th for a 5th rounder! Awesome value!
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • massari wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.

    YAY! We traded a Pro Bowler+7th for a 5th rounder! Awesome value!


    I hate continuing this conversation, but man... This is the new NFL. You CAN'T WIN by being sentimental anymore. You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era. We have to evolve if we want another shot at the title in the next ten years. It's just the new reality. Will somebody back me up here?
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3521
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • I don't know who else feels the same but removing a cancer the team is a fantastic addition by subtraction. This team needs to get back to what made them win the super bowl in the first place and get away from pay me now attitudes and political undertones at every turn.

    I still feel like more discipline is always the better answer but maybe thats just me.

    Bennett is washed, definitely showed signs of the downhill of his career, I think this was a good move overall, but of course you always want to get more.
    .NET Pick The Score - 1st Season
    Image

    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here." - Big Balls Pete
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4232
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


  • Forgive me if I'm not all that excited for a 5th... The Eagles won the SB so it is the last pick in the 5th round. Very different from a middle pick. It was a salary cap dump, that is all we really got out of it.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 413
    Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm
    Location: Puyallup


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    massari wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:
    massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image


    EXACTAMUNDO! Trade him while he still has ANY value... The Patriot way... Though the Pats may have traded him last year. Or the year before.

    YAY! We traded a Pro Bowler+7th for a 5th rounder! Awesome value!


    I hate continuing this conversation, but man... This is the new NFL. You CAN'T WIN by being sentimental anymore. You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era. We have to evolve if we want another shot at the title in the next ten years. It's just the new reality. Will somebody back me up here?


    It's never personal, just the way you have to do things in order to win. Pete is FINALLYYYY learning this.
    .NET Pick The Score - 1st Season
    Image

    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here." - Big Balls Pete
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4232
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


  • massari wrote:Bennett had Planters Fasciitis all season in 2017. Still made Pro Bowl.

    Image



    Seems to me that shows that he peaked 3 years ago. Maybe gradual but definitely a steady downward trend.
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1334
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


  • BlueThunder wrote:You have GOT to get rid of aging, over-priced, declining vets to remain competitive, no matter how beloved they are. It just doesn't work anymore in this tight, salary-cap era.

    Explain how he's "over-priced"?
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • Let's be clear: Bennett is not a cancer in the locker room. Many players support his actions and his speaking out. He's only a cancer OUTSIDE the locker room, by fans who think players owe it to them to--in Bennet's case--literally dance for them.

    You can't call him a distraction if he's only distracting you. His teammates don't care.
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2480
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


  • Another trade where the Seahawks get nothing. Some no name receiver and a 5th round pick. Giving up the best pass rusher on the team. The draft pick should have at least been a 3rd round pick. Bennett by himself is worth that. Seahawks FO is on the wrong end of many of these deals lately. Not sure what's going on there. I guess we won't have to suffer through offside penalties from Bennett though.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6980
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Duane Brown is a few months older than Bennett. Are the Hawks going to give him away as well to get younger and create more cap room?

    Brown has a higher cap hit and zero dead money.
    Last edited by massari on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • A 5th and we had to give up a 7th? hahahahahahaha. Same old same old.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1539
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • If we trade Wilson and that 5th, I wonder if Schneids will be able to work his magic and get a 3rd in return
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1539
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • massari wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

    How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews

    IF TRUE I'm convinced JS/PC like getting fleeced in trades to make more friends around the league.


    HawkFan72 wrote:Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?

    If I'm the Eagles I 100% understand a team turning down a deal to make a better one if it came in last minute. Are GM's really that juvenile?

    EDIT: Is this forum now to the point where you can't even post "WTF"? LOL


    Exactly this. It's a verbal agreement, not a signed contract. I bet it happens all the time actually, and no one makes a fuss because you only hear about the final trade. It's the nature of the business and GM's are aware that someone might swoop in with a better offer. In fact I'd be annoyed if someone took my offer over a better one and question that person's motives.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


  • King Dog wrote:A 5th and we had to give up a 7th? hahahahahahaha. Same old same old.


    Yeah but we got some receiver who's supposed to replace Richardson. Never mind that he had all of 5 catches this year.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    ducks41468 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

    How the hell did we let this happen? We trade Mike B to the reigning SB champs in our own conference instead of out of conference for a MUCH better deal. Disgraceful if true. Hoping this is #FakeNews


    I hope this is fake. Nice guys finish last.


    Nice guys also are able to trade with other teams in the future. If Schneider backs out of a verbal agreement, no one will trust his verbal agreements down the road. A 3rd rounder is worth that to you?


    Uh yeah. And I’m pretty sure the 30 other NFL teams would understand the Seahawks taking a clearly better deal.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1628
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • Decimation wrote:The rich get richer.


    Paul and Sheldon for example...
    Own The West
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 155
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:20 pm


  • Must be a high grade on this UDFA Wr with not accepting a 3rd and 5th from NE, head scratcher at best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
    Location: Cedar Rapids, IA


  • I'm just spit balling but I think when things don't go well for MB he acts out. My guess is he has question so coaching moves over the last few years and they have grown tired of it. Once again just a guess but if you watch him at the end of games in kneel down situations you can see he has a problem controlling his emotions. MB the player is a stud and I wish him the best regardless of what was going on he always gave it a 100.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2631
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • Objectively and reasonably, I don’t really see how this is a great move. Or even a good one. Played good on a major injury, had major contributions to our Super Bowl runs, and did Great work in the community. Also don’t understand those who may feel this is a good move because of politics. We all have different politics here.

    We definitely didn’t get good value for him, that’s for sure. Eagles got a steal for a player who will fit well in that city on and off the field
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 598
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


  • Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.
    rjas77
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 267
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 am


  • He's on a downhill slide and we got rid of him at the right time.
    Oh yeah, I sure as hell don't want CUSHING. WTF? Concussion history alone would steer me clear. Throw in the PED bullshit and JS is out of his damn mind if we sign this guy.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1471
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • WmHBonney wrote:He's on a downhill slide and we got rid of him at the right time.
    Oh yeah, I sure as hell don't want CUSHING. WTF? Concussion history alone would steer me clear. Throw in the PED bullshit and JS is out of his damn mind if we sign this guy.


    1 year prove it deal with stipulations/incentives for majority... why not??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
    Location: Cedar Rapids, IA


  • WmHBonney wrote:He's on a downhill slide and we got rid of him at the right time.
    Oh yeah, I sure as hell don't want CUSHING. WTF? Concussion history alone would steer me clear. Throw in the PED bullshit and JS is out of his damn mind if we sign this guy.


    But why accept a deal when another with a 3rd and 5th were offered?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
    Location: Cedar Rapids, IA


  • rjas77 wrote:Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.


    Are you still doing this? His teammates publicly disagree with your sentiment that it was all about him. Stop with the "act" garbage.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2557
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    rjas77 wrote:Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.


    Are you still doing this? His teammates publicly disagree with your sentiment that it was all about him. Stop with the "act" garbage.


    I'm not the one who pulled the trigger am I? There's a reason the Front Office let him go. Like I said...good riddance Bennett :)
    rjas77
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 267
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 am


  • So basically, the Seahawks got their 5th rounder back that they traded for Matt F'n Tobin and gave Philly back their 7th.

    All in all, the Seahawks traded Michael Bennett for Matt Tobin, Marcus Johnson and $2M in cap savings this coming season. :irishdrinkers:
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • DJ_CJ wrote:Must be a high grade on this UDFA Wr with not accepting a 3rd and 5th from NE, head scratcher at best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Not a 3rd and a 5th.
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1334
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


  • rjas77 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    rjas77 wrote:Adios! I support the move. Make it all about yourself and your gone. So many got tired of is act.


    Are you still doing this? His teammates publicly disagree with your sentiment that it was all about him. Stop with the "act" garbage.


    I'm not the one who pulled the trigger am I? There's a reason the Front Office let him go. Like I said...good riddance Bennett :)

    Reason is that he missed 5 games with a knee injury in 2016 at age 30 and played all of last year with plantar fasciitis at age 31. He's now already 32.

    This is extremely common reasoning when those patterns start to show over 30. Know what else is also common with posters of a particular sentiment?
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4148
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Good riddance. He had become far too high maintenance and the penalties were outweighing the good play too often.

    I'll miss Sherm.

    I won't miss Bennett one bit.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1443
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


  • this FO is turning into Ruskell 2.0. they are not who we thought they were.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3262
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • JustTheTip wrote:
    DJ_CJ wrote:Must be a high grade on this UDFA Wr with not accepting a 3rd and 5th from NE, head scratcher at best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Not a 3rd and a 5th.


    Per Rapoport that is what NE offered... also heard from Scef and Fox Sports on radio on way home from work... maybe not the complete offer just what heard from multiple places


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
    Location: Cedar Rapids, IA


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online