Beautiful memories

Hotchy

Reaction score
So thats it... window shut quicker than I had hoped.
Pete and John delivered. They got the Seahawks their one and only super bowl championship. Now it's time to accept reality. No playoffs for at least 3 years. And as we continue to get rid of the older, more expensive horses that got us there, i hope Seattle also realizes that Pete must also go. His cover 3 scheme has been figured out, and he shows no willingness to change. All we will have left is Wilson to sell tickets.
I miss and loved those holgrem teams, but of course will miss this Carroll era more.
I'm patiently going to wait, as it looks like Seattle is committed to bring a new era in. Just need to wait on Carroll to say good bye .
2018 prediction....5-11

kidhawk

Reaction score
You are definitely welcome to your opinion, but that doesn't make it "accepting reality". You could be wrong...you could be right, but personally, I'll wait for the off season to run it's course and see what the actual team looks like before I make any type of assumptions about the success or failure of our upcoming season (let alone the next 3)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree, he's a great coach with a flaw that he corrected. He was too loyal to his friends when it was clear they were not doing their jobs. They're now gone and we will see how he can fix this situation.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Lot of knee jerking going on. I am surprised that so many are surprised at what went down today. The multiple possibilities have been discussed here at length. The writing was all over the wall when the coaching purge happened.

Guess the 5 steps take a while for some. Lot of denial and anger today.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have found most often through the years that you are never as bad as you think you are and never as good either. Rather, somewhere in the middle.

Even before seeing all the offseason moves and draft picks yet to come I think it's a safe bet to assume 8-8 is going to be the mean average...6-10 would be all wheels have fallen off and 10-6 would be nearly everything goes hunky dory.

Looking forward to what the New Era brings.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is not good enough to make up for what we are losing.

We are losing the ability of our defense to hold teams down until Wilson can win it for us.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bnzlup8 said:
Russell Wilson is not good enough to make up for what we are losing.

We are losing the ability of our defense to hold teams down until Wilson can win it for us.

We’ll see. Give him some help up front and I absolutely think he is. Easily.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, he was likely hamstrung by his OC.

But he hasn't shown it consistently so far.

He is the only hope we have though.

OP
OP
Hotchy

Hotchy

Reaction score
I certainly didn't post this in anger, and it's not a knee jerk reaction.
It's 35 years of watching sports. It happened to the Big Red Machine, it happened to those 80s Celtics. And the reason I bring them up, is because were talking about Championship teams. Hawks might get lucky and pull off a season where maybe they can be competitive and sneak into the playoffs. I'm saying there's no more Legion of Boom, no more dominance, no more Super Bowls.
Nothing can last forever. And I'm not angry, just a little sad.
I'm actually glad Seattle realizes that the window of dominance has closed. And instead of hanging onto something, they're committed to trying over again. So im all for sooner, rather than later.
I'll watch 2018 just as much as 2015, and I'm no more less a fan than yesterday. I'm just not fooling myself into think Wilson will be taking us to 2013 heights. That was a special TEAM.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It was one of the greatest secondaries to ever play in the NFL.

Rivaling the Hayes and Haynes duo.

That defense forced a turnover on something like 25% of opposing drives. That is an insane #. Maybe unmatched.

A SS at his prime the equal of any SS in the Hall.
A shoe-in HOF FS
A shoe-in HOF CB
And another corner that might have been the best hitter on our team if not the League at the time.

Then add in the DL depth we had then and Bobby Wagner.

That Carroll only won a single SB and only reached one more is probably the greatest squandering of talent in sometime.

It was one of the most potent teams in a while. We were very fortunate to get that Defense.

Then add in we had Marshawn Lynch, you feel me?

I will always hold it against Pete and JS for squandering the talent they had for years after that game but I will also always appreciate what they built before they squandered it.

The window closed years ago but man it was amazing in that moment.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ksdr1aas said:
It was one of the greatest secondaries to ever play in the NFL.

Rivaling the Hayes and Haynes duo.

That defense forced a turnover on something like 25% of opposing drives. That is an insane #. Maybe unmatched.

A SS at his prime the equal of any SS in the Hall.
A shoe-in HOF FS
A shoe-in HOF CB
And another corner that might have been the best hitter on our team if not the League at the time.

Then add in the DL depth we had then and Bobby Wagner.

That Carroll only won a single SB and only reached one more is probably the greatest squandering of talent in sometime.

It was one of the most potent teams in a while. We were very fortunate to get that Defense.

Then add in we had Marshawn Lynch, you feel me?

I will always hold it against Pete and JS for squandering the talent they had for years after that game but I will also always appreciate what they built before they squandered it.

The window closed years ago but man it was amazing in that moment.

On the positive, we had the Bettis Bowl, the Bevell Bowl and the Bronco Bowl, we got one, now think about this, as much as we had heartbreak in the two losses put yourself in the Vikings or Bills fans shoes.

NINEster

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2f0xq2ol said:

I think the Harbaugh 49ers not winning anything was a bigger squandering of talent.

Underrated talent all across the board. If you think Kaepernick sucked or wasn't as good as Wilson, then that remaining 52 was better than what the Seahawks had.

Their last loss of their first 3 seasons was to the Super Bowl champion that year, all very close games.

Green Bay botched that NFCC worse than Blair Walsh botched that kick. Even a 20 yard field goal to win the game in frigid weather has a higher chance of a miss than what that comeback entailed (or the way that 2 point conversion worked the way it did).

Any Schadenfreude of a disastrous end to SB 49 is easily outweighed by the fact that the Seahawks should never have played in that Super Bowl. And now that years have passed, nobody remembers how the Seahawks squeaked into that game or how Kearse came down with the type of catch that occurs once every 20 years.

Seattle didn't become the dynasty people here were hoping for because it was a team carried by the defense and RB. Those teams don't have long stretches of dominance as history has shown.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hotchy":2neulspf said:
I certainly didn't post this in anger, and it's not a knee jerk reaction.
It's 35 years of watching sports. It happened to the Big Red Machine, it happened to those 80s Celtics. And the reason I bring them up, is because were talking about Championship teams. Hawks might get lucky and pull off a season where maybe they can be competitive and sneak into the playoffs. I'm saying there's no more Legion of Boom, no more dominance, no more Super Bowls.
Nothing can last forever. And I'm not angry, just a little sad.
I'm actually glad Seattle realizes that the window of dominance has closed. And instead of hanging onto something, they're committed to trying over again. So im all for sooner, rather than later.
I'll watch 2018 just as much as 2015, and I'm no more less a fan than yesterday. I'm just not fooling myself into think Wilson will be taking us to 2013 heights. That was a special TEAM.

Ok, you are at step 4 but losing certain players at the right time doesn't mean it is over. We still have a great QB, a top MLB and at the moment a top FS. That is nothing to under appreciate. We are in a better rebuilding situation than in 2010. We still have cornerstones. And for future note I hate the rebuilding term. If you have to totally rebuild you waited to long. As far as I am concerned their are evs and flows but a team should never drop below just missing the playoffs (which we just did). One year of missing the playoffs can be a good thing but that is it. Just my opinion/standards.

We now have the ownership (fans) of "this is not how the 2013 team would play/behave/act/quit", we never had that before. We have a knew bench mark and to be honest this is an exciting time. Just because a team may not be identical to the 2013 team,,,,, if we play at the same level as 2013, everything is moot. Kinda like the 2012 team was better than the 2005 team.

Being responsible for a team's cap space is part of it.

Bye the way you bring up the Celtics and ironically this is the same model (recent Celtics) I would like the Seahawks to follow.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":2i7crxna said:
TwistedHusky":2i7crxna said:

I think the Harbaugh 49ers not winning anything was a bigger squandering of talent.

Underrated talent all across the board. If you think Kaepernick sucked or wasn't as good as Wilson, then that remaining 52 was better than what the Seahawks had.

Their last loss of their first 3 seasons was to the Super Bowl champion that year, all very close games.

Green Bay botched that NFCC worse than Blair Walsh botched that kick. Even a 20 yard field goal to win the game in frigid weather has a higher chance of a miss than what that comeback entailed (or the way that 2 point conversion worked the way it did).

Any Schadenfreude of a disastrous end to SB 49 is easily outweighed by the fact that the Seahawks should never have played in that Super Bowl. And now that years have passed, nobody remembers how the Seahawks squeaked into that game or how Kearse came down with the type of catch that occurs once every 20 years.

Seattle didn't become the dynasty people here were hoping for because it was a team carried by the defense and RB. Those teams don't have long stretches of dominance as history has shown.

Just should have paid the Electric bill that one year and you would have had your Quest completed. :p

Latest posts