Marcus Johnson

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
So what do we know about the latest Seahawk? Seems like all the talk in the other thread is about Bennett and the FO apparently losing their minds.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Most here are saying nothing more than a camp body. He had 5 catches last year. Guess he will fill the void left by p rich.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He'll be lucky to make the team. Eagles just threw in a guy that they didnt want to make the deal look a little better than it was. A guy with 5 catches doesnt step in and replace Richardson.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
All of this is second hands, but I've heard that he's smaller and fast. He has decent hands, and was actually pretty well thought of in Philly - but didn't really see the field due to the strength of their WR group.

He has played on ST.

It sounds like he's a 50/50 shot to make the roster.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hgqpb2v said:
He'll be lucky to make the team. Eagles just threw in a guy that they didnt want to make the deal look a little better than it was. A guy with 5 catches doesnt step in and replace Richardson.

Well maybe this is the year Kenny Lawler finally makes the jump to the active roster lol

original poster

Reaction score
He went undrafted in 2016, he's speedy, caught 5 catches for 45 yards last season and is 6 foot 1.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to Seattle kid. Do your thing, some of us support you 100 percent.
Give him a chance. It's not like undrafted players haven't contributed on this team. Just sayin

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, when we won the SB half of our WR crew were UDFA. I know ADB was.

I think we have to give the kid a chance in camp, at least.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
F - A - S - T!!!

Perhaps a replacement for Ricardo Lockette on ST. Under contract for 1 more year, would be an ERFA if re-upped, reasonable size @ 6'1" -205, 4.36 /40, interesting prospect.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't understand the "he had 5 catches" argument. Yeah, he was a UDFA on a team pretty stacked at WR. He wasn't even expected to make the team but he did.

Rod Smith had only 6 catches as a UDFA WR his first year and went on to be one of the best WR's of his era. Wes Welker had 0 catches his first season. Same with Victor Cruz. Miles Austin was a pretty good WR for a while too and he had 0 catches his 1st year and only 5 catches his 2nd year, 13 in his 3rd... So to say "He only had 5 catches" and use that as the basis for completely writing a guy off is lazy at best.

I'm not saying he's going to come in here and be the #2 WR and replace PRich (that's Lockett's job), but I'm also not going to say he can't. He's certainly got the athletic ability to be a similar player if not better. If we drafted a guy that was 6'1" 205Lbs and ran 4.37 in the 7th round this year I'd certainly be intrigued and love the potential upside. So why wouldn't I be trading for one? This isn't some guy that's been in the league 3-4 years who's barely hanging onto an NFL roster spot. There's plenty of upside there and it's a good pickup as 1 of what I'm sure will be multiple options to try and take away some of the sting of losing PRich.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wait till he has a chance to play in our system in his role, some player move on and disappear because the system they came from and one going to don't utilize their skill set well, the opposite can happen as well, he could emerge as a star if given a chance.

That's our problem right now, we don't know anyone's role or what's going to be asked of them since we are waiting on the system to be viewed with the players in it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3eg0e2i8 said:
I'm more excited about the 5th-rounder we got.

Until someone chimes in with how deplorably or unsuccessfully (or whatever derogatory adverb is chosen here) the FO has drafted lately.

But I agree... the 5th could help quite a bit in this coming draft.

DJrmb

Reaction score
He also benched 22 reps which would have been #1 for WR's in his draft class. Should be a strong blocker if he earns playing time.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I guess I should have said that he is the second fastest player on the roster. Griffin ran an official 4.38 at the combine. This kid ran a 4.38 at tue UT pro day. Sure, Earl ran a 4.37 at his pro day, but his official at the combine was 4.43 and he has mos6 definitely slowed down. Even a couple of years ago, I watched Sherm catch up and pass him when they were both trying to run down a WR.

I think you can clearly say he's at least the second fastest on the roster to Griffin.

sutz

Reaction score
DJrmb":dwh3199p said:
He also benched 22 reps which would have been #1 for WR's in his draft class. Should be a strong blocker if he earns playing time.
Yes, and the strength would help in overcoming a jam at the line.