Feeling Depressed?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Feel it brothers and sisters.

Don't let anyone (in our outside of 12 Nation) tell you how to feel today. OWN IT. It's your right to feel however you want to feel today. Surprised? Not surprised? Sad? Mad? Enraged? Aloof? Happy?

There is no wrong answer. For me, today I feel like am grieving the loss of the best Seahawks team I have and ever will see again in my lifetime.

I will root them on with no less fervor but ugh, just sad today.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1,019 KB · Views: 3,132

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I feel indifferent.

I think the only time I was ever sad over an individual player was when Largent retired. Getting rid of stars means we get to recreate new stars.

original poster

Reaction score
I've been pretty sad since Wednesday.

My wife has been very sympathetic, actually. Love her.

Seymour

Reaction score
For every door that closes, a new door opens.

I am happy we are moving forward finally.... but also appreciative of what Sherman helped bring this city.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For me it's not so much one player but an era that was by far the most successful in Seahawks history that is officially over in my opinion. I do agree it opens up the door to a new era full of new memories and hopefully championships but it's hard to say goodbye to THIS era. Today, for me at least, the LOB ERA is officially over.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm sad. I fully support the changes. But I'm still sad. Because, like you said Todd...we'll likely never see a Seahawks team as dominant as the team we saw in 2013. We are grieving the loss of that. We love these players. We cheered our hearts out for them. It's sad to see them go and really hard to know they will be in other uniforms next season.

That's sad to me. I just hope the players leaving know just how much we appreciate them, their hard work, and all they did to bring a championship to Seattle—something I didn't know if I'd ever get to see.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amen brother, well said.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Not yet...but after a few I may. LOL....naw.. I shall hoist one up in honor of him later tho. If for nothing else...then Just The Tip.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

RCATES

Reaction score
Its all coming full circle now. JS/PC did so well the first few drafts. They have been downright terrible since. Because of this they had to make bad trades and deals through free agency. Now Sherman and others are gone because of these mistakes. I have lost a ton of respect for Pete and John for the undoing of this team.

MARK2623

Reaction score
This sucks...very few Seattle athletes have came and gone in my lifetime living in Seattle (Ken Griffey Jr, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp) where I was sad. But Richard is another player on this list....

Fanatics

Reaction score
Well this is the time to show the rest of the nation that our fanbase is the best. We have heard for the past 7 years about how most of the fans just jumped on the bandwagon and were/will not remain fans in a down era. I believe we have a few years of mediocracy coming our way and it is time to rebuild our great team.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I will be honest, I have lost a lot of passion over the last two years in the team, it started with Kam’s holdout. Then came Marshaun’s issues. I mean come on who watches their teammates from a luxury suite, or who doesn’t get on a plane for the playoffs. The Offense was a mess, but I could always depend on the Defense. However the last couple of years I really couldn’t. Blown leads, missed tackles, bad gap control, encroachment. It became hard to watch on the field, and even worse off of it. Sherman, and Bennett, became so distracting, and toxic to me. I honestly am glad they are leaving. The name on the front of the jersey, to me is far more important, than the name on the back. Who knows what the future brings. I will always have amazing memories of this era of Seahawks football, and now it is time for a fresh start. We have a lot of work to do, and I am not very hopeful for this season, or the next, but they are my team and always will be.

Along the same lines of what I was talking about earlier, and I am sure I will take a great amount of flak for this, but what Earl did during the Cowboys game was inexcusable to me. It was enough that I would be in favor of trading him. I don’t want any more distractions, and I also don’t see the situation with him, working out well. Even if he does get paid, I don’t think he wants to be here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am disappointed.

But we did get one of the most amazing years we could have had as a Seahawk fan out of it. That run up to the SB and then decimation of the at the time 'Greatest Offense In NFL HISTORY' was incredible.

I think we could have made a run with a good OC, if we went full on Steelers and got a great OC while keeping the defense in tact. Then Pete would have left and we would have done the rebuild.

But selling off all our defense is a sure sign it is over.

Honestly, we probably would have been better off trading Wilson and using that to revamp the defense. I know that sounds crazy but look at what Minnesota did with Case Keenum. It might have worked. There is no way that ripping our defense up and bringing in a middle of the road OC while removing guys like Graham and Richardson is going to work.

That is too many touchdowns to try to find somewhere else, and our new defense is going to be giving up a lot more touchdowns to offset that anyway.

I imagine by the time Pete leaves and then we get some godawful middle-of-the-road coach to replace him, we will probably have to go through a number of coaches before we get a good one again. The odds are against you on getting a good coach that is going to be better than the other guys in the NFL.

Wilson will probably be almost left with an empty tank before we can rebuild enough to be a competitor again. Wilson is not the type of QB that can carry a team, maybe for a quarter but even then he relied on our defense to shut the other team down while he worked his SuperMan act.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Age and injuries have undone one of the greatest defenses of all time and the greatest Seahawks era of all time. For the end of this era I am sad. I have been a Seahawks fan since the first edition of Seahawks football. I have seen them all come and go in one form or another. One of the many things I have enjoyed as a Seahawks fan is the building up of and hope that new players bring to the team. I am as excited for the future of Seahawks football as I have ever been. I am both sad and grateful today. Today marks the official end of this era of Seahawks football. Not the end of Seahawks football.

Seymour

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2msuk368 said:
I will be honest, I have lost a lot of passion over the last two years in the team, it started with Kam’s holdout. Then came Marshaun’s issues. I mean come on who watches their teammates from a luxury suite, or who doesn’t get on a plane for the playoffs. The Offense was a mess, but I could always depend on the Defense. However the last couple of years I really couldn’t. Blown leads, missed tackles, bad gap control, encroachment. It became hard to watch on the field, and even worse off of it. Sherman, and Bennett, became so distracting, and toxic to me. I honestly am glad they are leaving. The name on the front of the jersey, to me is far more important, than the name on the back. Who knows what the future brings. I will always have amazing memories of this era of Seahawks football, and now it is time for a fresh start. We have a lot of work to do, and I am not very hopeful for this season, or the next, but they are my team and always will be.

Along the same lines of what I was talking about earlier, and I am sure I will take a great amount of flak for this, but what Earl did during the Cowboys game was inexcusable to me. It was enough that I would be in favor of trading him. I don’t want any more distractions, and I also don’t see the situation with him, working out well. Even if he does get paid, I don’t think he wants to be here.

No flack from me....great post and that highlighted line is really important to remember. With you 100%...even on Earl. :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sherman's release is definitely a downer for me. I am not going to hold my breath that they re-sign him at a better deal than he was currently being paid, but I'd be ecstatic if they did. We can't underestimate how much him holding down one side of the field has meant to this defense. He truly was a warrior on the field and I will definitely miss seeing him in a Seahawks uniform every Sunday.

Gibbo

Reaction score
Didn’t think I would be as I could see the logic behind it; especially Bennett. I prepared myself. Plus I am excited to see where this team goes. It’s a new adventure.

But then last night listening to Brock and salk last night they had clips of Bennett’s interviews when he’s just so funny and a character and I got really sad.

Now it’s worse. I feel really sad. Really really sad.

James in PA

Reaction score
Part of me is sad that it’s the end of an era. Part of me is excited for the future. John & Pete really hit it out of the park early on. It’s gonna be hard for them to do it again with that much success , but they have shown they still have a clue in recent years when it comes to defense (e.g, Shaquill Griffin, Frank Clark). I don’t worry about the D too much. They will find young and talented players who will only get better with time. I’m just hoping the coaching changes on offense will make us a more balanced team going forward. We need to draft better on offense. That’s for damn sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve2222

Reaction score
I feel fine other than the Rams going all in for a championship in 2018.