The Richard Sherman Appreciation Thread

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
With the release of one of the greatest Seahawks of all time, let's all take a minute to remember what an amazing player and person he is. Post your favorite memories, pictures, videos, tweets, or anything else here.

Of course we should start this out with The Tip:
[youtube]UgiO08daCV0[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The beginning of a New Era in Seahawks Football...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    589.8 KB · Views: 2,076

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Truly a great Thanksgiving

Attachments

• C61308BF-B9A1-46CA-BBBE-07E1B2D7B758.jpeg
    C61308BF-B9A1-46CA-BBBE-07E1B2D7B758.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 2,075

TwilightError

Reaction score
After Lynch, the most intriguing character and most interesting Player I have ever watched. I am thankful for the seven years I got to follow him play. I don’t think I missed a snap an loved it all!

RussB

Reaction score
Best corner of his era. I always thought he would make a move to safety for the seahawks later in his career but oh well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sad Day for fans of the Seahawks but change is part of every day in the NFL and RS had gotten expensive to carry when the team was cap strapped. Recovering from having both achilles tendons surgically repaired was factor as well. He returns $11 milion in cap to to the money available for FA upon his release.

I loved him as a player, thought he was fun to watch, and appreciated him as a person. I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Own The West

Reaction score
Loved his passion and intensity.

I hope he makes his way back here either as a player or a coach.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
A smile of satisfaction and a confident comfort is bestowed within my Seahawk heart. While we must remember it takes an entire team to achieve success in the NFL, we can indentify single points of contribution from individual players. Richard Sherman brought quite a collection of those points to an organization that was in need of success. From the ‘you mad bro?’ to the Tip, to the tirade after, he was a key figure in putting this franchise on the sports map.

None of it happens without him.

Thank you Richard Sherman for all you have given to the team, the fans, and the NFL. I hope you are able to return to this team under a new contract.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A letter to Richard Sherman

BY DANNY O'NEIL

Dear Richard:

I was going to send this to you on Twitter, but you blocked me.

And somehow, that’s just one more thing that endeared you to me.

You always cared. About everything. In fact, sometimes maybe you cared too much, believing that you always knew best, but that’s part of the reason that you’re my favorite professional athlete that I’ve covered these past 20 years in Seattle.

You were always yourself. Unapologetically. Enthusiastically.

So I’m sending you this Internet equivalent of a message in a bottle on the day of your official release from the Seahawks to say thanks.

Thanks for your (sizeable) part in making these past seven years of Seahawks football the best, most decorated in franchise history.

Thanks for being honest and engaging and so unafraid.

Thank you for being you.

You were the pivotal player in the most important play in this franchise’s history, tipping a pass that was intended for Michael Crabtree to linebacker Malcolm Smith. Not only that, but then you went and slapped Crabtree on the backside and after the game cut a promo about that being the result you’re going to get when you try the best corner in the game with a sorry receiver like Crabtree.

A 49ers team spokesman once complained that his children were left in tears by that interview, which only makes it better in my mind.

You can read the rest here:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/423087/a- ... d-sherman/

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1f8rmnxb said:

BY DANNY O'NEIL

Dear Richard:

You always cared. About everything. In fact, sometimes maybe you cared too much, believing that you always knew best, but that’s part of the reason that you’re my favorite professional athlete that I’ve covered these past 20 years in Seattle.

So I’m sending you this Internet equivalent of a message in a bottle on the day of your official release from the Seahawks to say thanks.

Thanks for your (sizeable) part in making these past seven years of Seahawks football the best, most decorated in franchise history.

Thank you for being you.

You were the pivotal player in the most important play in this franchise’s history, tipping a pass that was intended for Michael Crabtree to linebacker Malcolm Smith. Not only that, but then you went and slapped Crabtree on the backside and after the game cut a promo about that being the result you’re going to get when you try the best corner in the game with a sorry receiver like Crabtree.

A 49ers team spokesman once complained that his children were left in tears by that interview, which only makes it better in my mind.

Very Well Said

Seymour

Reaction score
Class act by the team to release that thank you video.

Well done.

Decimation

Reaction score
Aros":2aydofb3 said:

BY DANNY O'NEIL

Dear Richard:

Thank you for being you.

That was a fantastic read, Aros. Thank you for sharing that.

Always will be thankful for Richard Sherman.

pugs1

Reaction score
Great video released by the Seahawks! It’s hard to put into words how much pride and joy Richard Sherman has given us and this organization for the last seven years but that video sums it up pretty well. Thanks for everything Sherm!

tooshort

Reaction score
I have so many memories of Sherm and his family on and off the field. But the highlights for me were meeting Beverly and Branton on the flight into Atlanta for that epic 2012 playoff battle and seeing how happy they were that I knew who they were (before everyone did), being four rows back in the sw corner for "the tip" and then a few weeks later trying desperately to get as close to the field as possible for the victory celebration in MetLife and ending up (and venting) in the same entryway as Sherms dad who was trying to do the same thing and was told to " go to guest services, no entry without a 100 level ticket" .

The family usually sat across the aisle and a few rows back from my section in the Clink and they will all be missed.

Thanks for all the years of brash and brilliant highlights and a true commitment to your craft!!

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Personally, I hope he pulls a Randy Johnson and goes on to bigger and better things after the hometown team giving up on his health and future.

Go get 'em, Richard, even if it means playing for a different team. To me, you will always be a Seahawk.