Votes: 57 58.2%
  • I don't know anymore

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Or does the loss of Sherman, Bennett and most likely Kam, Cliff and potentially Earl signify the Golden Years are now officially behind us? Please explain your answer in this thread.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No we still have the most important piece, and elite franchise QB. The Seahawks will at least be a 9 win team every year with him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No. Its going to be awhile before we rise up again in my opinion. I don't think it will be with Carroll either.

NJlargent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":33njaqsg said:
No. Its going to be awhile before we rise up again in my opinion. I don't think it will be with Carroll either.

Spot on. Wish we released Carroll today and kept Sherm.

Decimation

Reaction score
We aren’t in the golden years of this era anymore, obviously. It all started when Marshawn got injured and left the team. That is when we started to notice the downfall of this team.

However, this team can get back to dominance and it all starts with the front office. Hopefully PC and JS can make the right decisions to get us back on top. It sucks losing Sherm but the front office knows something that we don’t and I expect them to make the right decisions for this team to make us competitive as we were years ago.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Wow. It is ok to be down about the recent changes but let's be excited for the future. We make the playoffs this year we are right back on track and avoided a complete implosion. So yes we are still in Golden Times. We still have great players and our FO seems to be getting down to business again.

Still a great time to be a Seahawk fan.

Seymour

Reaction score
The golden years with Pete ended on the play IMO, not today.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I voted yes but not until I did a little research first. My initial thoughts were that the Golden Years were over. Since 1999, Mike Holmgrens first season, this team has had 13 winning seasons against only 6 losing seasons. The 23 seasons prior to 1999 produced only 8 winning seasons. The difference between those two periods of Seahawks history is the ownership of Paul Allen. When Mr. Allen bought this team, one of his main goals was to field a perennial winner. For the most part of the past 19 seasons this team has experienced unparalleled success. In the last 13 seasons we have seen this team in 3 Super Bowls. The average length of an NFL career is less than 5 years. The ownership remains the same, we still have the GM and coach who built this team and brought them to the pinnacle of success. We have a franchise QB, all world MLB, and a few other solid pieces.
Currently this version of the Seahawks can’t be considered a challenger for next year but should be competitive. PC/JS built a winner once. This time they are further along in the process with proven pieces still in place. Are we still in the Golden Years? Absolutely. Just need a little time to reload. Keep the faith 12’s!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we had not made some significant coaching changes, I'd say the answer is no. However, I think Pete finally realized that player personnel was only part of the problem when it came to our ability to make deep playoff runs the last few years.

I've actually got pretty high hopes for next season. We're going to look DIFFERENT and that will be a blessing in some ways.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":22hc7xgh said:
We make the playoffs this year we are right back on track and avoided a complete implosion. .

Make the playoffs this year? Lol.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":33mn37eu said:
Wow. It is ok to be down about the recent changes but let's be excited for the future. We make the playoffs this year we are right back on track and avoided a complete implosion. .
Dang, and I thought I was a total homer.

hawkman

Reaction score
The beginning of the end was when they decided to pay lil russ big boy qb money. Been a snowball effect ever since.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Of course we are. We have outstanding LBs, Earl Thomas, Britt, Wilson, solid WR's, a possible DL that is top 10 if not top 5. Russell Wilson on our side, which means if we get good blocking and a running game, we win 10-11-12 wins every year?

The best is still yet to come, did I really forget Lockett? One year removed from a broken ankle, he has the quicks to dominate, given this is his year 4.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jeremiah":37ti8moj said:
Of course we are. We have outstanding LBs, Earl Thomas, Britt, Wilson, solid WR's, a possible DL that is top 10 if not top 5. Russell Wilson on our side, which means if we get good blocking and a running game, we win 10-11-12 wins every year?

The best is still yet to come, did I really forget Lockett? One year removed from a broken ankle, he has the quicks to dominate, given this is his year 4.

Woah. :shock:

And I'm as big a homer as they come.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Golden years is subjective really. We are still in the Pete Carroll era, for better or worse. The XLVIII team is basically gone though. If Pete can make another run at the big game remains to be seen, and getting back to the playoffs is the next step. Rams will probably be serious contenders again and I am not optimistic about the Seahawks being able to win the division with so many new pieces. I will keep my expectations simple I guess, and that is a season with more wins than losses. I do expect that much from Pete and Co. I am not ready to proclaim the Seahawks as the new Browns.

Difficult to project what the 2018 team will look like, let alone '19 and '20. Personally, I find all the changes exciting and look forward to this off season and watching the new team take shape. Management has a massive task ahead of them with such limited cap space, draft picks and so many holes to fill. I will be a homer and believe that Paul, Pete and John have a plan.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
MrThortan":69ok94rf said:
Golden years is subjective really. We are still in the Pete Carroll era, for better or worse. The XLVIII team is basically gone though. If Pete can make another run at the big game remains to be seen, and getting back to the playoffs is the next step. Rams will probably be serious contenders again and I am not optimistic about the Seahawks being able to win the division with so many new pieces. I will keep my expectations simple I guess, and that is a season with more wins than losses. I do expect that much from Pete and Co. I am not ready to proclaim the Seahawks as the new Browns.

Difficult to project what the 2018 team will look like, let alone '19 and '20. Personally, I find all the changes exciting and look forward to this off season and watching the new team take shape. Management has a massive task ahead of them with such limited cap space, draft picks and so many holes to fill. I will be a homer and believe that Paul, Pete and John have a plan.

How do you watch a team drastically underperform to talent level, watch a front office make the same mistakes for 4 years in a row . How does anyone still have faith in this front office or head coach anymore ? Like the words of the many that were happy to see some of our better players go... sorry Pete’s In decline :sarcasm_on:

NJlargent

Reaction score
After regressing for a few years and following some god awful offseason moves during that stretch, I find it amazing that people think Carroll at almost 67 is going to turn us around.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
NJlargent":k0pdm9u7 said:
After regressing for a few years and following some god awful offseason moves during that stretch, I find it amazing that people think Carroll at almost 67 is going to turn us around.
:ditto: