Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What is our plan?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: What is our plan?
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:43 pm
  • >get younger
    >increase competition
    >???
    >profit
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2561
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:12 am
  • Our plan - rid team of distractions, get young new players in that wont question Carrolls ways and get 'on board' so to say, free up cash, attempt to run the ball again.

    What will actually happen - Carroll will hang it up in a couple years when his contract expires because the Rams and 49ers beat on us and we cant reach the playoffs, Schneider takes his leave also as he continues to reach and miss in the draft, the running game will still blow as will the offensive line and Russ finally gets sidelined with injuries, the defense will be middle of the road.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 613
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am
  • :?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8394
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Our plan - rid team of distractions, get young new players in that wont question Carrolls ways and get 'on board' so to say, free up cash, attempt to run the ball again.

    What will actually happen - Carroll will hang it up in a couple years when his contract expires because the Rams and 49ers beat on us and we cant reach the playoffs, Schneider takes his leave also as he continues to reach and miss in the draft, the running game will still blow as will the offensive line and Russ finally gets sidelined with injuries, the defense will be middle of the road.


    Well that's depressing.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13408
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Our plan - rid team of distractions, get young new players in that wont question Carrolls ways and get 'on board' so to say, free up cash, attempt to run the ball again.

    What will actually happen - Carroll will hang it up in a couple years when his contract expires because the Rams and 49ers beat on us and we cant reach the playoffs, Schneider takes his leave also as he continues to reach and miss in the draft, the running game will still blow as will the offensive line and Russ finally gets sidelined with injuries, the defense will be middle of the road.


    Well that's depressing.


    Yeah, I know, but thats how I see it playing out.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 613
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:11 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Our plan - rid team of distractions, get young new players in that wont question Carrolls ways and get 'on board' so to say, free up cash, attempt to run the ball again.

    What will actually happen - Carroll will hang it up in a couple years when his contract expires because the Rams and 49ers beat on us and we cant reach the playoffs, Schneider takes his leave also as he continues to reach and miss in the draft, the running game will still blow as will the offensive line and Russ finally gets sidelined with injuries, the defense will be middle of the road.


    Well that's depressing.


    Yeah, I know, but thats how I see it playing out.


    I don't see things quite as dire as you, for two reasons..................Paul Allen and Russell Wilson. As long as these two are with the Hawks, this team should be able to weather a rebuild, whether that's with John and Pete, or another GM/HC combo over the next 5-7 years until Russell starts slowing down.

    So I'm not tied to the agony that if it's not Pete and John, or John with another great HC that we're doomed. Allen hired Holmgren, Allen hired Pete, so he's the kind of owner that will hire another innovative football mind that can rebuild another great SB caliber team.

    Again, might not be next year, might not even be in 2-3 years. But as long as we have Russell in his prime, and Allen as our owner, I'm not going to give up hope that this era of success is over.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13408
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:24 am
  • Very good points.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8394
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 am
  • That is a lot to put on Russell Wilson.

    Wilson reminds me of Krieg, without all the fumbles. A 3x better version but the running around and saving the offense stuff is pretty close. But closer to Krieg than Steve Young is the point.

    I don't see Wilson as a guy that can carry a team like an Aaron Rodgers though. Maybe because of consistency.

    And maybe Wilson was telling us the issue we would face. If 'The Separation Is In The Preparation' then maybe the lack of separation is because he is no longer as prepared as he was. Wilson built his success on devoting massive amounts of time & energy to study and practice. The stories were all there of how much time he spent in the facility - oddly we do not hear those anymore.

    And Wilson has a lot of irons in the fire, I don't begrudge him that. He is preparing for life after football, and he has a wife + kid. Family does have to come first. Asking him to do some of the things he did might come with a price that he isn't able to pay or won't.

    It is certainly possible that the consistency issues have a lot to do with the level of commitment changing. So with Wilson, especially after we gut this team to keep him, you probably are going to be stuck at 7-9 wins. Barely making the playoffs some years, missing them in others. AND he has also learned a lot of bad habits due to the uneven offenses and lines he was forced to play behind.

    Maybe Carroll can change, but planning without a way to execute the plan is called wishing (maybe dreaming). Planning without a viable strategy to back it up? That has been how a lot of these plans have gone so far.

    For us to succeed at all, that will have to change. Yet the big problem with Carroll is that he does not change.

    So that is my assessment too. We tread water for a few years, try to force a game where Wilson + an average running game + an average defense can somehow get close. But it isn't a good recipe, is likely doomed to fail and Carroll leaves in 2-3 years. Maybe JS can turn it around to stem that, but he hasn't in several years - not sure how that would change.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2745
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:41 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:That is a lot to put on Russell Wilson.

    Wilson reminds me of Krieg, without all the fumbles. A 3x better version but the running around and saving the offense stuff is pretty close. But closer to Krieg than Steve Young is the point.


    Couldn't disagree more.

    Use any analytics or stats you'd like, and Russell is far closer to Steve Young than Dave Krieg............add in the fact that he's faster, quicker and more elusive than Young ever was, and we've got a HOF QB if he keeps playing another 6-7 years.

    But this conversation definitely gives me some insight Husky as to why you're so down on the Hawks, if you think these sort of things.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13408
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:03 am
  • Maybe but Young was better at all the things a QB is actually supposed to be able to do.

    And he did it before they changed a collection of rules to naturally favor the QB. Young was putting up numbers back when the average QB was throwing for 200yds a game. Wilson is faster, quicker and more elusive but Young was a much better QB.

    Young was also good in all 4 quarters, not just the 4th quarters of 1/4 the games.

    Wilson could be great and is great in small stretches. But we are reaching a point where we need production to start outweighing potential. Wilson is not consistent.

    And I don't think you can expect him to carry the team at all, if we have to strip it down. Then again, we have not seen him with an actual OL but for his first year. So maybe he is like Barry Sanders finally getting a FB and rips off a legendary season.

    We will see. But so far, the FO stripping our defense out while giving him a cast of nobodies at TE & WR (besides Baldwin) and making the inevitable spotty draft production - won't make it easy for Wilson to get much help.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2745
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:13 am
  • He's had one of the best 6 year stretches to start his career in the HISTORY of the NFL.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8394
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am
  • I believe this offseason is an eye opener for Pete and we will likely see a different approach to the roster going forward until he decides to retire. He brought in a crew of chip-on-their-shoulder players who fit his scheme, bought in, and flourished. Once his 'college' locker room style stopped resonating with some of the older players, no matter how talented they are, you lose that 'brotherhood'. The leaders who remain (Wilson, Baldwin, Wagner, Kam, newly appointed Frank Clark/Reed) all buy in. I have a feeling Earl does not, maybe not to the extent of Sherman, but enough that they're listening to offers.

    I think we as fans need to expect more turnover of solid players in the coming years if Pete wants his style to stay competitive. Younger roster, unique niche skill sets, underpaid overachievers. I'm actually quite excited to see how this draft plays out and the roster churn that comes with training camp. I have no worries about Pete coaching up the next wave of defenders. If they can get the running game going, which every press conference seems to indicate is priority #1 and is an awesome draft to do so with, the offense should sort itself out. Neiko Thorpe is also one guy I hope steps up and takes the CB2 position.

    Russell kept the team competitive with one of the worst running games in NFL history and through a huge list of contributing factors, barely missed the playoffs. Slow starts sucked but run the ball efficiently and the defense isn't on the field for 90% of the first three quarters.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3838
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:40 am
  • Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2745
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am
  • 866D7C11-7991-4750-93CA-CA717F515416.jpeg
    866D7C11-7991-4750-93CA-CA717F515416.jpeg (48.01 KiB) Viewed 307 times
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 2760
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?


    I'm well aware of the first drive drought and general incompetence early on in games. The streak of games where the offense couldn't break 50 yards was infuriating. First series almost always was a quick 3 and out with poor game planning and a defense who knew what was coming. For some reason (could be on Russell, could be on play calls, could be on coaching) the team reset every single week and went with their failed deep ball approach without a working play action until something clicks and quick hitters move the ball with ease. The offense out of no where could flip a switch and shrink a multi TD game, so there is certainly something there to be optimistic about.

    And even still I'd say 9-7 is competitive, especially since a game losing (ultimately meaningless) Blair Walsh miss removed them from a 10 win season. Team is built to run the ball early, hit big play action passes, and a downhill defense that thrives with a lead. None of that happened and they stubbornly avoided the spread style play which clearly did work, still almost making the playoffs. Again - fix the run game, play action will work again, offense should look like it used to. I realize that's a simplification but the gutting of offensive coaching staff makes me feel there was definite room for improvement there we all were asking for.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3838
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:00 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Maybe but Young was better at all the things a QB is actually supposed to be able to do.

    And he did it before they changed a collection of rules to naturally favor the QB. Young was putting up numbers back when the average QB was throwing for 200yds a game. Wilson is faster, quicker and more elusive but Young was a much better QB.

    Young was also good in all 4 quarters, not just the 4th quarters of 1/4 the games.

    Wilson could be great and is great in small stretches. But we are reaching a point where we need production to start outweighing potential. Wilson is not consistent.

    And I don't think you can expect him to carry the team at all, if we have to strip it down. Then again, we have not seen him with an actual OL but for his first year. So maybe he is like Barry Sanders finally getting a FB and rips off a legendary season.

    We will see. But so far, the FO stripping our defense out while giving him a cast of nobodies at TE & WR (besides Baldwin) and making the inevitable spotty draft production - won't make it easy for Wilson to get much help.


    I didn't say I expected Russell to carry the team, I simply said as long as he and Allen are here I'm hopeful that we can put another SB caliber team together.

    You're the one that compared him to Dave Krieg. Awful comparison, in every way possible, other than they both QB'd the Hawks.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13408
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:00 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    866D7C11-7991-4750-93CA-CA717F515416.jpeg


    My eyes! :thumbdown: :throwup:

    Wonder which high school will hire him.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3838
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:46 pm
  • Krieg and Russ are in no way even close to each other in the way they play the game. Wow
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8394
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:54 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Our plan - rid team of distractions, get young new players in that wont question Carrolls ways and get 'on board' so to say, free up cash, attempt to run the ball again.

    What will actually happen - Carroll will hang it up in a couple years when his contract expires because the Rams and 49ers beat on us and we cant reach the playoffs, Schneider takes his leave also as he continues to reach and miss in the draft, the running game will still blow as will the offensive line and Russ finally gets sidelined with injuries, the defense will be middle of the road.


    Could be depressing if it plays out, but also this is based on history of recent events, so I will not argue. I will say there is as good or better of a chance it doesn't play out that way...so I'm not without hope personally even though I won't argue this possibility.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4271
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Krieg and Russ are in no way even close to each other in the way they play the game. Wow


    Why? Is Kreig 3X the Qb Russ is? :twisted: :twisted:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4271
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?


    Which records are you talking about? Can you please post links?

    I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

    On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?


    Which records are you talking about? Can you please post links?

    I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

    On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?


    They set at least one I'm aware of. Most consecutive regular season games without an opening drive TD (28 IIRC).

    Plural (more than one), not sure about.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4271
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:59 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?


    Which records are you talking about? Can you please post links?

    I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

    On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?


    They set at least one I'm aware of. Most consecutive regular season games without an opening drive TD (28 IIRC).

    Plural (more than one), not sure about.

    I figure they probaly were the lowest scoring team in the first half next to the Browns.
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3729
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:57 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Maybe but Young was better at all the things a QB is actually supposed to be able to do.

    And he did it before they changed a collection of rules to naturally favor the QB. Young was putting up numbers back when the average QB was throwing for 200yds a game. Wilson is faster, quicker and more elusive but Young was a much better QB.

    Young was also good in all 4 quarters, not just the 4th quarters of 1/4 the games.

    Wilson could be great and is great in small stretches. But we are reaching a point where we need production to start outweighing potential. Wilson is not consistent.

    And I don't think you can expect him to carry the team at all, if we have to strip it down. Then again, we have not seen him with an actual OL but for his first year. So maybe he is like Barry Sanders finally getting a FB and rips off a legendary season.

    We will see. But so far, the FO stripping our defense out while giving him a cast of nobodies at TE & WR (besides Baldwin) and making the inevitable spotty draft production - won't make it easy for Wilson to get much help.


    I watched most Young's games back in the days, lots of them at Candlestick. Let's just say Young would have been a great backup for Russ.

    Young was arguably more accurate then Russ, only when young was behind a good line. Otherwise Russ better than Young in almost all other aspects. Can't image how great Russ could be with Jerry Rice and John Taylor, Brent Jones, with drum rolls ..... two Mikes, Holmgren and Shannahan callin' plays, yes, they were the OC. Let's see:

    WR:
    Jerry Rice - 12 x All pro, 13 x pro bowls, hof
    John Taylor - 2 x Pro bowls,

    TE:
    Brent Jones - 3 x All Pro, 4 x Pro bowl

    OL:
    Harris Burton - T - 2 x All Pro, 1 x pro bowl
    Roy Foster - G - 2 x Pro Bowl,
    Jesse Sapolu - C/G - 2 x All Pro, 3 x pro bowls
    Guy McIntyre - G - 5 x All Pro, 3 x pro bowls
    Steve Wallace - T - 3 x All Pro, 1 x pro bowls

    By the way, Young also had this guys running the ball:
    Ricky Watters - RB - 3 x All Pro, 5 x Pro Bowls

    Do you really want to compare Russ' supporting cast to Youngs?
    Last edited by toffee on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    toffee
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 337
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:58 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Define competitive?

    This is the same team that literally set records for TD impotence over the past few years - in an era when every advantage is given to the offense.

    And the no run game thing is no excuse, because we had a run game in the earlier season. A middling one but it was not horrific like the last one. And yet we were going multiple games without a TD.

    You do realize that to 'compete' you need to score TDs right?


    Which records are you talking about? Can you please post links?

    I'm just curious because that's pretty hard to believe considering we scored the 11th most points per game in the NFL in 2017, the 12th most points per game in 2016, and the 4th most points per game in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    TD's only? OK. We scored the 7th most TD's in the league in 2017, the 18th most in 2016, and the 6th most in 2015.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

    Given these facts, I'm having a hard time believing that the Seahawks "literally set records (plural) for TD impotence over the past few years".

    On the other hand, that's a fairly vague statement that you could twist to mean lots of different things if someone called you on it, by design I'm sure. So what does that mean? What records are you talking about?


    They set at least one I'm aware of. Most consecutive regular season games without an opening drive TD (28 IIRC).

    Plural (more than one), not sure about.


    Ah, I see. That's an interesting bit of trivia.

    I wonder where they rank on the list of least TD's scored on the 3rd drive of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday in October during a waxing moon in the rain on a natural surface? I wonder who holds that "record".

    ;)

    The fact of the matter is that the Seahawks were top ten in TD's scored in both 2017 and 2015, and they were middle of the pack in 2016. It's awfully disingenuous, maybe even deceitful, to just generally state that they have set records for TD impotence over the past few years if you are referring to just one specific situation and not overall.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:06 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Krieg and Russ are in no way even close to each other in the way they play the game. Wow


    Why? Is Kreig 3X the Qb Russ is? :twisted: :twisted:


    Okay. Krieg is 3x the QB and Hass is 2x the QB Russ is. We are getting somewhere now, the Seahawk QB multiplicity ranks are taking shape. Bless the. NET
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1929
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:05 pm
  • Get younger

    Get faster

    Get bigger at a few positions

    Increase the number of competitive situations

    Sort out a cap situation with older players that is restricting the team’s abilities to do the above

    Remove the players who are not ‘all in’, remove those guys who think they are bigger than their team

    Reinforce Pete’s rules: always protect the team, no whining, show up early

    Attract players who want to be Seahawks instead of money players, pay fairly within the above rules

    Get back to the basics that attracted the team’s positive focus in the years up to XLIX

    Apply the ‘always compete’ rules to all parts of the team by holding coaches who are not performing as expected to the same standards he holds his players.

    Don’t agree with the increase profits idea b/c the more games they play in a year means the team makes more money. This means they aren’t cuttin salaries to make more money
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4828
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:35 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Get younger
    Get faster
    Get bigger at a few positions
    Increase the number of competitive situations
    Sort out a cap situation with older players that is restricting the team’s abilities to do the above
    Remove the players who are not ‘all in’, remove those guys who think they are bigger than their team
    Reinforce Pete’s rules: always protect the team, no whining, show up early
    Attract players who want to be Seahawks instead of money players, pay fairly within the above rules
    Get back to the basics that attracted the team’s positive focus in the years up to XLIX
    Apply the ‘always compete’ rules to all parts of the team by holding coaches who are not performing as expected to the same standards he holds his players.

    Don’t agree with the increase profits idea b/c the more games they play in a year means the team makes more money. This means they aren’t cuttin salaries to make more money


    This.

    A. Questions for all the fans prefer to keep our stars: Can we go all the way by keeping the stars?
    B. Questions for all the fans asking for the head of Pete: Who do you want to replace Pete with?

    My answer to A: Not at all, we tried last year, didn't work. I am still mad at Pete for not starting the rebuild a year earlier.
    My answer to B: Can't think of anyone.
    toffee
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 337
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: What is our plan?
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:33 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4281
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: What is our plan?
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 am
  • You have to wonder if this visit was one taken by the team for negotiation reasons. Acker is a big bodied CB though.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4828
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Previous


It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online