Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

What is our plan?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: What is our plan?
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 am
  • ducks41468 wrote:I'm not sure what we're doing. We're not rebuilding, because you don't rebuild with a franchise QB in his prime. But we're certainly not improving. Seems to me like we're just declining. We're going to turn into a less exciting version of the 2014-2016 Saints or the 2010-current Chargers, a team with a barren roster being carried by its one and only asset, the QB.

We are rebuilding. Just because were not in the market for a QB doesn't change that. We have no reliable running game no reliable skill position players on offense at all other than Doug and Wilson. We have a below average offensive line. We lost our best redzone target in Jimmy and the best CB in the league when healthy, We may be losing one of the best SS in the league and i'm not sure if Cliff will be back or Sheldon Richardson. We have turned over the entire coaching staff with the exception of Pete. They are rebuilding next year is a transition year we will not be a playoff team unless we strike gold in the draft and the other teams in the division regress.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 am
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    ducks41468 wrote:I'm not sure what we're doing. We're not rebuilding, because you don't rebuild with a franchise QB in his prime. But we're certainly not improving. Seems to me like we're just declining. We're going to turn into a less exciting version of the 2014-2016 Saints or the 2010-current Chargers, a team with a barren roster being carried by its one and only asset, the QB.

We are rebuilding. Just because were not in the market for a QB doesn't change that. We have no reliable running game no reliable skill position players on offense at all other than Doug and Wilson. We have a below average offensive line. We lost our best redzone target in Jimmy and the best CB in the league when healthy, We may be losing one of the best SS in the league and i'm not sure if Cliff will be back or Sheldon Richardson. We have turned over the entire coaching staff with the exception of Pete. They are rebuilding next year is a transition year we will not be a playoff team unless we strike gold in the draft and the other teams in the division regress.

If cap cutting and trading potential liabilities off of the roster was a surefire way to miss the playoffs, nobody would ever get there. The sky is not falling. Business decisions are being made.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 am
  • Overpaying early in Free Agency is not always the way to go. I'm glad they are letting this first rush of players go thru. But, whatever they decide to, people will complain, so there is that.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am
  • I think the best route for this team is to continue to unload (bad contracts/ injured and dragging it out players) and hope for a great draft in 2019. This team suddenly is the 3rd best team in the division and even that's a stretch. Arizona came in here last year with 3/4 of their team on IR including their starting QB and stud RB and still beat us. Front office has been terrible the last 3 drafts and they traded away most of this years draft. This team is in a tough spot and not making a run this year. Might as well continue to build up the Cap and reload next year. They won't though. Today they will use up there remaining Cap on another FA bust and put this team back another 2-3 years.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 am
  • The Rams and 49ers are getting much better, after years of drudgery (and high draft picks). Don’t forget that fact.

Seattle is not getting better. It is as plain as day.

I lean towards being an optimist about most things in life. However, I just don’t see it here. What, we’ve lost 7-8 key players, it appears? Maybe more to come there (ET?). We’ve done nothing to improve the OL (outside of a new coach - which should be positive). Ifedi still gonna Ifedi. Our running game appears to be pinned on an unproven 7th round RB coming back from a gruesome leg injury, another RB who was largely cast aside (PC’s doghouse?) last year and another who can’t stay healthy. The WR room is in fact now mostly “pedestrian”, with the exception of Baldwin. Maybe Lockett too. We have no kicker and last year, couldn’t find anyone better than the Blair Walsh Project.

We may be in for a very difficult couple of years.

I am sure some of you will bash this outlook but in doing so, you’re simply signing up for the “trust PC and JS” mantra. That was fine for me, at one time. However, among other things, the fact that they ever thought the OL abomination of the last 2 years would work is beyond me. The fact that they let it continue from 2016 to 2017 is even more perplexing. It was kind of the joke of the NFL last year. It is a minor miracle Wilson wasn’t dismembered at some point.

For me, it’s time to reset expectations and watch a rebuild over the next 2-3 years. I hope I am proven wrong.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 am
  • Silver Hawk wrote:Seattle is not getting better. It is as plain as day.

Make no mistake, this is a rebuild.

I know Pete and others don't like that word, and are trying to soften it to a "reload." But that's not accurate, "reload is what the Patriot's do every year, they target 4-5 key positions, and go after the best fit for their system.

We have half our roster to fill, that's impossible to "reload" with only 30M of cap space and no 2nd or 3rd round draft picks.

The only thing for me as an unknown is will Pete and John draft well again over the next 2-3 years and get this roster packed full of young, hungry and talented athletes so we can make another run at a SB? Or are they going to continue the cycle of the past 3-4 years of missing horribly in the draft and making bone headed FA moves and trades?

Cause the trend right now is unfortunately the latter, and not the former. But we'll see.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am
  • We? This team will rebuild it up and be back.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:We? This team will rebuild it up and be back.

Yes, sometimes fans use the pronoun "we" in a possessive grammatical form to show allegiance and passionate self involvement.

I know I do not own the Seattle Seahawks. Can we move on now?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:We? This team will rebuild it up and be back.

Yes, sometimes fans use the pronoun "we" in a possessive grammatical form to show allegiance and passionate self involvement.

I know I do not own the Seattle Seahawks. Can we move on now?

We?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:40 am
  • It was sarcasm, just trying to bring some relaxation :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:55 am
  • I think it's a rebuild or at least a re-load where this is a real transition year. I think this goes back to last off-season. I think the front office knew the was coming on the horizon:

-Sherman's $11M - and this was before the injury (trade rumours last year)
    -Contracts like Graham and Richardson coming due
    -Looming situation with Thomas contract etc.

They knew they would have to make some tough calls regarding the core this off-season so decided to take a risk and go for it last year with the entire core intact:
    -Restructure a couple of deals and add Richardson's money even though he had 1 year left - and give up a high pick
    -Paying big money to Joekel to bring in a veteran presence on the line
    -When the line wasn't working out (and the Fant injury) double down by trading another pick and bringing in Duane Brown.

As we are painfully aware it didn't work. Combination of season ending injuries on D, more shoddy o-line play, and a crappy kicker all there was to show for it was 9-7. Now the price has to pay paid for going all in. Double problem of not being able to pay to keep everyone AND not having 2 of your higher picks in the draft.
    It's going to take more than 1 year to reshape things with younger guys.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:<snip>PPS. Holy crap it's almost 2020 and we don't have hover cars or hoverboards. The Jetsons lied!!!

If you've ever driven on WA SR-167, you understand why the last thing we need is flying cars.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:31 pm
  • I think the extend of the rebuild/reload/rework/whatever is a bit overstated due to some events that had to be addressed anyway:

We paid top dollar for a CB who missed half the season. Did we want to go down that road again?
    Graham and Richardson led the team in dropped passes. Both would be looking for top dollar. Does top dollar for dropped passes make sense?
    Kam's replacement looks inevitable, and perhaps Avril's as well. Unfortunate injuries.
    Are Lane and Shead really indications of a "rebuild" or just that we can do better?

If we hadn't replaced all the coaches except Pete, would this be considered a rebuild if the players mentioned went for perfectly rational, explainable reasons relating to injury and performance?
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:I think the extend of the rebuild/reload/rework/whatever is a bit overstated due to some events that had to be addressed anyway:

We paid top dollar for a CB who missed half the season. Did we want to go down that road again?
    Graham and Richardson led the team in dropped passes. Both would be looking for top dollar. Does top dollar for dropped passes make sense?
    Kam's replacement looks inevitable, and perhaps Avril's as well. Unfortunate injuries.
    Are Lane and Shead really indications of a "rebuild" or just that we can do better?

If we hadn't replaced all the coaches except Pete, would this be considered a rebuild if the players mentioned went for perfectly rational, explainable reasons relating to injury and performance?

If we tear down Centurylink and leave the field I guess that wouldn't be a rebuild either.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:I think the extend of the rebuild/reload/rework/whatever is a bit overstated due to some events that had to be addressed anyway:

Sherman was playing at an elite level up til he got hurt. We match the incentive-laden deal the niners gave him and we'd be much better protected if he did get hurt again.

Graham and Richardson accounted for almost 1/3 of Wilson's targets and almost 1/2 of his TD passes. That FAR outweighs the drop problems they had.

The fact that Kam/Avril replacements are inevitable doesn't lessen the impact of them no longer being able to play for the team.

Lane wasn't good, but Shead was a solid starter at CB and a great depth piece. As of now, our only rostered CBs who we know can play well are Shaq and Coleman.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm
  • The plan is to miss the playoffs. Yearly. Only then can real change happen.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:47 am
  • Yeah because they miss the playoffs so often under Pete and John :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:43 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah because they miss the playoffs so often under Pete and John :?

I heard quite a few times this past season that missing the playoffs was the best thing that could happen to this team.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 am
  • So far...

Out:
    Sherman, Bennett, Shead, Rawls, Davis, P. Richardson, S. Richardson, Graham

In:
    Alexander, Mingo, Brown, Dickson
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:So far...

Out:

In:
    Alexander, Mingo, Brown, Dickson + Marcus Johnson

Added Marcus Johnson as all in ..................

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:02 am
  • But I think PC/JS are making smart moves.

1. Cut ties with your aging loose cannons
    2. Free up cap space
    3. Let your big money free agents go, and collect comp picks.
    4. Sign solid role players with potential on the cheap.
    5. Try to get a 1st and 3rd for ET
    6. Focus on drafting a future star or two.

I’m hoping this allows our other stars (Wagz and RW) to really seize the leadership role in the locker room. I think there was getting to be a lot of friction due to too many chefs in the kitchen.
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 am
  • SlickRick wrote:But I think PC/JS are making smart moves.

1. Cut ties with your aging loose cannons
    2. Free up cap space
    3. Let your big money free agents go, and collect comp picks.
    4. Sign solid role players with potential on the cheap.
    5. Try to get a 1st and 3rd for ET
    6. Focus on drafting a future star or two.

I’m hoping this allows our other stars (Wagz and RW) to really seize the leadership role in the locker room. I think there was getting to be a lot of friction due to too many chefs in the kitchen.

100%

Yes, we are re-tooling, if not rebuilding in some respects. Our window is still open, attempting to bridge specific positions, and remaining competitive. All teams do this...but you'll find those that are spending crazy $ in free agency will only have a certain, small window until the real cost comes to bite them, then they'll release those players, too. You build through the draft, and bridge through FA. If we...yes "we," can get some good draft capital for ET, then we can hopefully get a couple of playmakers in this draft, and help the cycle continue.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:08 am

Out:

In:

Where did Rawls and Davis sign? I missed those.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:17 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So far...

Out:

In:

Where did Rawls and Davis sign? I missed those.

nowhere as of yet i think rawls was visiting kcc and davis detroit
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:36 am
  • Rat wrote:We're just chilling out while the Rams and Niners take over the division.

The Rams will be fine until they need to pay their QB, then the wheels will start to wobble some.

The Digits on the other hand are building a roster that will be tough to contend with for a while.

Many here fail to recognize there is still a lot of talent on this roster and fixing a few areas may pay big dividends.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:51 am
  • Sell our fleet of BMW's.
    Replace them with what's ever left over from the used car lot.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:09 am
  • All of this, from the firing of coaches to the releasing/trading of players is a direct effect of NOT being able to produce an even mediocre offensive line over the last few years.
    Had we had that O line we'd more than likely won at least one more game and we'd been in the play-offs and etc..

This malfeasance from Hawks management has had this huge domino effect impacting every position on the Seahawks, many of which had nothing to do with the offensive line.

Making lemonade however, had we had that mediocre O line and made the play offs, perhaps we'd have continued to over look some of the deficiencies of the other parts of our team.

I, like many of you, am anxiously waiting to see how JS and PC perform on this next draft. Another poor to mediocre draft should point to changes at the very top of the organization.
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 am
  • From time to time I am reminded how very difficult it is for many who treasure the comfort and security and guarantees of sustaining occupations to cope with change.

Life in project occupations is so very different than that of sustaining occupations. And, team building necessitates an ongoing series of projects.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:51 am
  • NOBODY.jpg
    Nobody knows
    NOBODY.jpg (102.53 KiB) Viewed 682 times
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:[The Rams will be fine until they need to pay their QB, then the wheels will start to wobble some.

That's what, three years from now? In the mean time they still have Donald and Gurley, and added Peters and Talib. They'll be good for an eternity in NFL years. Heck, maybe they'll even learn from our mistakes and be able to keep it going longer, and it's not like paying Russ is the reason we've been trending downwards.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:15 am
  • I know every detail of the plan, but am not at liberty to say.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:32 am
  • Rat wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:[The Rams will be fine until they need to pay their QB, then the wheels will start to wobble some.

That's what, three years from now? In the mean time they still have Donald and Gurley, and added Peters and Talib. They'll be good for an eternity in NFL years. Heck, maybe they'll even learn from our mistakes and be able to keep it going longer, and it's not like paying Russ is the reason we've been trending downwards.

In the NFL, injuries that rain down in bundles have a tendency to shatter windows.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:17 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:All of this, from the firing of coaches to the releasing/trading of players is a direct effect of NOT being able to produce an even mediocre offensive line over the last few years.
    Had we had that O line we'd more than likely won at least one more game and we'd been in the play-offs and etc..

This malfeasance from Hawks management has had this huge domino effect impacting every position on the Seahawks, many of which had nothing to do with the offensive line.

Making lemonade however, had we had that mediocre O line and made the play offs, perhaps we'd have continued to over look some of the deficiencies of the other parts of our team.

I, like many of you, am anxiously waiting to see how JS and PC perform on this next draft. Another poor to mediocre draft should point to changes at the very top of the organization.

Preach! Offensive line killed this teams chance at another championship from 2015-2017.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:36 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    ducks41468 wrote:I'm not sure what we're doing. We're not rebuilding, because you don't rebuild with a franchise QB in his prime. But we're certainly not improving. Seems to me like we're just declining. We're going to turn into a less exciting version of the 2014-2016 Saints or the 2010-current Chargers, a team with a barren roster being carried by its one and only asset, the QB.

If cap cutting and trading potential liabilities off of the roster was a surefire way to miss the playoffs, nobody would ever get there. The sky is not falling. Business decisions are being made.

They are rebuilding however in today's NFL you can rebuild very quickly if they make good decisions in FA and the draft.
    Dickson, Mingo and Brown are all good signings they keep this up and don't hose the draft they might just be ok this season .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 pm
  • I think they are making smart moves. There is more going on here than many are seeing. There will continue to be roster moves into camp. Just go back to the early stages like in 2010 vets like Chris Clemons, Raheem Brock, Kentwan Balmer, Lawyer Maloy, Mike Williams, were all brought in on lower priced deals.

I think there will be addition by subtraction, there are just some people that detract from the performance of a team Sherman and Bennett and I even think S.Richardson and Jimmy were not positive for this team.

If we can invest in the run game either draft or FA and make moves that will allow us to still have the ability to shore up the DL then we will be fine. I think the DB's will sort itself out shortly.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 am
  • This is obviously a massive roster rebuild.

Part 1 is to purge the roster of nearly every “high priced” and/or old player. Get ‘em out.

Part 2 is sign relatively cheap “nobodies” to fill holes.

Part 3 is trade down in the draft and try to get additional picks.

Part 4 will be to sign more cheap nobodies once they get released from other teams. Retreads.

Part 5 is to get very high draft picks next year. Will trade them to get more draft picks. Will selectively sign mid tier free agents next year. Hoping to strike gold.

Not sure any of this will improve the OL. It hasn’t so far. In my mind, this is the biggest issue, by far. Given the last 2 years of up close evidence, regarding the effects of having a craptastic OL, I can’t even begin to be optimistic about the outlook until this debacle is adequately addressed by the Seahawks.

So, get ready for a long year. Maybe many. This team cannot be expected to compete for anything this year. We’ll likely have the clown car offense in full gear. With Russell Wilson jumping out of the car on every 3rd down, running for his life and more than occasionally getting dismembered and disembowled. Splattered.

The Rams and 49ers will be far better. Sad state of affairs.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:12 pm
  • You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

That alone upgrades the OL. Any player upgrades are icing on the cake.

We lost Sherman, but check out how many posts on this board over the past two years have recommended getting rid of him? Kam? Same thing. There's an active thread about Earl Thomas, even. You can find posts about how Sheldon Richardson was rubbish and not worth having back. How Graham wasn't worth his salary. How Paul Richardson was a draft bust.

So we get rid of them and now we have this litany of woe about how we're rebuilding and can't possibly compete this year.

This is truly a "special" place.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm
  • Silver Hawk wrote:This is obviously a massive roster rebuild.

Part 1 is to purge the roster of nearly every “high priced” and/or old player. Get ‘em out.

Part 2 is sign relatively cheap “nobodies” to fill holes.

Part 3 is trade down in the draft and try to get additional picks.

Part 4 will be to sign more cheap nobodies once they get released from other teams. Retreads.

Part 5 is to get very high draft picks next year. Will trade them to get more draft picks. Will selectively sign mid tier free agents next year. Hoping to strike gold.

Not sure any of this will improve the OL. It hasn’t so far. In my mind, this is the biggest issue, by far. Given the last 2 years of up close evidence, regarding the effects of having a craptastic OL, I can’t even begin to be optimistic about the outlook until this debacle is adequately addressed by the Seahawks.

So, get ready for a long year. Maybe many. This team cannot be expected to compete for anything this year. We’ll likely have the clown car offense in full gear. With Russell Wilson jumping out of the car on every 3rd down, running for his life and more than occasionally getting dismembered and disembowled. Splattered.

The Rams and 49ers will be far better. Sad state of affairs.

There to good to be anything less than 500 so a high draft pick is unlikely. They will compete for a wild card they may come up short they might not but they aren't going in the tank with Wilson at QB. I'd be shocked if they finished with anything less than 7 wins. Also we'll see how the rams do next year I doubt they have a 12 plus win season I expect them to come back to the pack some say 11-5 at best.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

We lost Sherman, but check out how many posts on this board over the past two years have recommended getting rid of him? Kam? Same thing. There's an active thread about Earl Thomas, even. You can find posts about how Sheldon Richardson was rubbish and not worth having back. How Graham wasn't worth his salary. How Paul Richardson was a draft bust.

So we get rid of them and now we have this litany of woe about how we're rebuilding and can't possibly compete this year.

The common sense aspect of new O line coach, New OC, loss of players on both offense and defense and no proven replacements says it will take a while to learn a new playbook, assemble the new line, get a Running game that's adequate, find out who is going to play on the D line and the secondary, we also don't know how much Norton is going to have as far as say on the Defense.

Now lets add that this team has started slow every year Pete has been here.

Ya really think were taking this division by storm and going to challenge for the Super Bowl this coming season?

Practical thinking says no, we are setting the table for assembly of a team next year that will be set for another 5 to 7 year run when we have our draft picks and salary cap space to work with.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:34 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

The common sense aspect of new O line coach, New OC, loss of players on both offense and defense and no proven replacements says it will take a while to learn a new playbook, assemble the new line, get a Running game that's adequate, find out who is going to play on the D line and the secondary, we also don't know how much Norton is going to have as far as say on the Defense.

Now lets add that this team has started slow every year Pete has been here.

Ya really think were taking this division by storm and going to challenge for the Super Bowl this coming season?

Practical thinking says no, we are setting the table for assembly of a team next year that will be set for another 5 to 7 year run when we have our draft picks and salary cap space to work with.

+10000000

Sounds about right to me.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:06 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

Man I hope you're right about Solari. The problem isn't just the ZBS. Cut blocks are still legal BTW, chop blocks aren't. Hopefully he can fix their pass pro technique as well.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:54 pm

• Still, it’s only March 18. The season kicks off in September. I’m willing to wait until I see the finished product before I express major concern – aside from one position which I’ll get to in a minute.

Plus, while much of the attention has surrounded the lost Pro Bowlers and bigger names like Ndamakong Suh in free agency, take a look at the moves the Seahawks have quietly made, tendering cornerback Justin Coleman and Dion Jordan, re-signing safety Bradley McDougald and signing hybrid linebacker/defensive end Barkevious Mingo, tight end Ed Dickson, receiver Jaron Brown and safety Maurice Alexander.

As difficult as it was to part ways with Richard Sherman, I tend to agree with this tweet from Field Gulls: “Essentially the Seahawks took Sherman’s salary of $11 million, and gave it to four players, potentially 3 or 4 defensive starters: Coleman, McDougald, Dion, and Mingo, who could be the top LEO. They cost $10.5 million combined. This. Is. Not. Dumb.”

http://q13fox.com/2018/03/18/commentary ... ce=twitter
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 pm

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:03 pm

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:09 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Out:

In:

I think you're saying what I'm thinking but can't be sure. Super Bowl?
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information