Should we release John Schneider?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
He is certanly not performing well.

NO cap space tis year, few draft picks, bad business move with Kam and Lacy, poor overall drafts the past 3 years. Add to that we lose Bennett with very little in return and get nothing for Sherman, not even a comp pick. We woudn't have been in such a bind with Sherman if we didn't have such a mess in the cap. Kind of reminds me of Ruskell losing Hutch. Time will tell.

Lately, I'm not impressed.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LMAO
Reading through these other posts, I found myself thinking that if the team is going through a complete rebuild, then we should have just started out with an ENTIRELY new coaching staff too. I am puzzled by what is going on at the moment, but I will reserve judgment until I see the final product.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well we are in a better position than we were in 2010 and we just gave ourselves more flexibility in revamping (not a rebuilding, some things weren't even built) this team. I have faith we are moving in the right direction and been called a homer for it. Think a lot of serious judgement should be held at bay until, at the very least, the end of FA and the Draft.

Although the Draft and FA will just stir up another hornets nest for all those that think all is lost.

adeltaY

Reaction score
IDK man, that run required arguably the best three consecutive years (2010-2012) of drafting to win a single championship. We have Wilson, Wagner, and Earl now, which is obviously much better than what they started with in 2010, but man we have to hit on tons of picks to get back to the top.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed on the draft this year. Didn't we lose a key member of the scouting dept. 3 or 4 years ago? I don't know if it was Pete coaching at the College level that gave him an advantage in the draft his first few years or what? The past 3 hears have been nothing like his first 3 years.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":2e4c4afz said:
IDK man, that run required arguably the best three consecutive years (2010-2012) of drafting to win a single championship. We have Wilson, Wagner, and Earl now, which is obviously much better than what they started with in 2010, but man we have to hit on tons of picks to get back to the top.

Good point. Why can't we get guys like Wilson and Wagner anymore? Are we that inept because Scot McCloughan left. I think Clark and Griffin were good picks. If Scot was that good, aren't PC and JS smart enough to grasp his style/genius? I think so.

McCloughan came from the Ron Wolf philosophy and so did JS.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Reading through .NET threads the past few days has been, well, how do I put this diplomatically?

Entertaining.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":2tw4hw22 said:
Reading through .NET threads the past few days has been, well, how do I put this diplomatically?

Entertaining.

Meltdown is another one.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
MO Hawk":dy9khzu8 said:
He is certanly not performing well.

NO cap space tis year, few draft picks, bad business move with Cam and Lacy, poor overall drafts the past 3 years. Add to that we lose Bennett with very little in return and get nothing for Sherman, not even a comp pick. We woudn't have been in such a bind with Sherman if we didn't have such a mess in the cap. Kind of reminds me of Ruskell losing Hutch. Time will tell.

Lately, I'm not impressed.

No cap space? As of yesterday they now have about 25 million.
Few draft picks? They have 8 in a 7 round draft.
Poor overall drafts past 3 years? Maybe. 2017 could end up pretty good.

It’s early March. FA hasn’t started. The draft is still 6 weeks away. The roster as it stands now will look vastly different come the end of August. You are exactly right about one thing...time will tell.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You can't blame Schneider for Kam getting hurt and if you don't know his name starts with a K you should just stop posting for a little bit.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No.

This needed to happen. The cycle needs to start again to open the window again.

We're going to have a great, great amount of cap room in 2019. It's time to cut aging dudes loose, churn the roster, and refocus the program.

I expect 7-9 this season, 9-7 the next, back in contention afterwards.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We've watched John send a lot of people away these past weeks; I'm reserving judgement until I see who he brings in.

Though looking at the free agent crop, I really don't know how he can justify these moves. I'm holding out hope for a big name trade, I guess. But when has that ever worked out for him?

He's not looking great this year.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sub par drafting and awful FA decisions the past several years. He can no longer ride early draft success. Needs to bring in blue chips. We are in a terrible spot this year, because of bone head moves previously made. It’s going to be tough to turn a positive this year, but 19 has potential with tons of cap space and more traditional draft stock. If 19 sucks, then he needs to go, it’d be too many failed years in a row to justify.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
I think we've drafted ok the years we didn't get a ton of great stars. Some guys went on to other teams because of our starters being stars. Ron Parker, Jaye Howard, Spencer Ware, And KPL have all been good starters for KC

Jerhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1o7n5tfy said:
The Bennett trade was a true joke without a punchline.

How? Why? They got him off the books, who cares what we got in return. We could've cut him and not got anything back. He's an aging vet with a lingering foot issue, and he wasn't nearly as impactful last season as in the past.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It will take a couple of years to get back on top from this situation. After that we’ll see if the GM should be released or not. It’s the wave movement. You build a contender, contend and build again.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1rxh7tl7 said:
hawknation2018":1rxh7tl7 said:

How? Why? They got him off the books, who cares what we got in return. We could've cut him and not got anything back. He's an aging vet with a lingering foot issue, and he wasn't nearly as impactful last season as in the past.

Bennett had a very reasonable salary for what he was producing, even with an injury. We should have received more for him . . . or not traded him at all.

peppersjap

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3krhd23o said:
Have you been watching the returns on trades this off season? Marcus Peters was given away, Robert Quinn went for very little as did Ogletree. I would much rather have Quinn than Bennett! I'm not sure why people think there was a huge market for Bennett considering Kaepernick can't even get a look. I would have been happy if we had gotten a Philly cheese steak for him!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
peppersjap":s49sheni said:
hawknation2018":s49sheni said:
Have you been watching the returns on trades this off season? Marcus Peters was given away, Robert Quinn went for very little as did Ogletree. I would much rather have Quinn than Bennett! I'm not sure why people think there was a huge market for Bennett considering Kaepernick can't even get a look. I would have been happy if we had gotten a Philly cheese steak for him!

Then don't give him away if the market isn't there. Bennett was more valuable as a Seahawk than the 5th round pick we gave up for Matt Tobin. Just my opinion.