Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Byron Maxwell

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Byron Maxwell
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 pm
  • I'm seeing basically nothing about free agency interest in Byron Maxwell, except possibly from the Seahawks. He's 30 years old and was cut by the Eagles and Dolphins. For the Seahawks, it's good that interest in Maxwell appears to be low because that means they should be able to re-sign him for a bargain contract. He has shown to be more valuable to the Seahawks than to other teams in the league.

    Even when you include his play with the Dolphins last year (39.2 grade in two games), Maxwell was one of the Seahawks highest graded defenders last year (and our highest graded CB by PFF).
    Byron Maxwell - 84.0
    Richard Sherman - 82.7
    Justin Coleman - 81.8
    Shaquill Griffin - 77.2
    Neiko Thorpe - 70.7

    Aside from one bad game against the Jaguars, Maxwell had an impressive season. Then factor in that he had to re-learn and adjust to a new scheme, mid-season. His play only improved as time went on and he became more comfortable.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Byron Maxwell
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:I'm seeing basically nothing about free agency interest in Byron Maxwell, except possibly from the Seahawks. He's 30 years old and was cut by the Eagles and Dolphins. For the Seahawks, it's good that interest in Maxwell appears to be low because that means they should be able to re-sign him for a bargain contract. He has shown to be more valuable to the Seahawks than to other teams in the league.

    Even when you include his play with the Dolphins last year (39.2 grade in two games), Maxwell was one of the Seahawks highest graded defenders last year (and our highest graded CB by PFF).
    Byron Maxwell - 84.0
    Richard Sherman - 82.7
    Justin Coleman - 81.8
    Shaquill Griffin - 77.2
    Neiko Thorpe - 70.7

    Aside from one bad game against the Jaguars, Maxwell had an impressive season. Then factor in that he had to re-learn and adjust to a new scheme, mid-season. His play only improved as time went on and he became more comfortable.


    Guys a solid tackler and a decent press corner. Some slips yes. Anyone been to some accountant classes? All business have a predicted money loss account. If that account isn't reached it is considered a plus for the company.

    Max is going to have his mishaps but if his previous stint with the Hawks and last season says anything,,,,, his positives far outweigh his negatives and IMHO I don't think any other team will appreciate him like we do. Also, this is where he is going to play his best game. He should know this.

    Hope that means a fair contract.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4876
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Byron Maxwell
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:49 pm
  • Walter Football (probably one of the worst sources of football evaluation) ranks Maxwell as the 32nd best free agent CB this year:

    Byron Maxwell was a huge bust with the Eagles and Dolphins. Miami cut him, and so Maxwell returned to his home. He actually played well with the Seahawks in the second go around. He can probably stay motivated with a short-term "prove it" deal.
    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagents201 ... z5ApaE2QJK
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2018CB.php


    I wonder how much of the league views him this way. Some of the corners ranked ahead of him are a joke (*cough* Jeremy Lane *cough*).
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Byron Maxwell
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:40 am
  • Lane better than Maxwell? :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Byron Maxwell
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:43 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5009
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Byron Maxwell
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 pm
  • I'm pretty sure they've lowballed Maxwell with an offer around $2,000,000 and he's waiting it out.

    Still think he does eventually go for it, though.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Byron Maxwell
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 am
  • Multi-year would be nice. He wants the added security, and the Seahawks get a starting CB for relatively mid-level.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Byron Maxwell
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 am
  • Yeah at the right numbers I certainly wouldn't be against a 2/3 year deal.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Byron Maxwell
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:18 am
  • Maxie needs to be careful, the Acker visit causes me to think the team wants to fill the position and if he continues to dawdle he could find the team moving on from him.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5339
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Byron Maxwell
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:31 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Maxie needs to be careful, the Acker visit causes me to think the team wants to fill the position and if he continues to dawdle he could find the team moving on from him.

    SOP for the team. They always fill as many holes as possible before the draft. Actually, most teams do this.

    Would be fine with Maxie hanging around, but we can't give him too much leverage.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15198
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Byron Maxwell
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:25 pm
  • I think that Maxwell showed us that he still has some tread left on his tires last season and I'm also confident that they are going to offer him enough to show him proper respect. I suspect that they have already reached an informal agreement and allowing Maxxie to explorer his options. Not many teams are willing to gamble to much on him based on past history. Maxxie is a true Seahawk, he knows it and he knows we know it too.
    Image
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    User avatar
    pacific101
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 326
    Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:49 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Byron Maxwell
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:48 am
  • Tick tock tick tock.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Previous


It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online