Byron Maxwell

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Are the Seahawks going to re-sign him? He played very well for us again, after flaming out in Philadelphia and Miami.

Maxwell knows the scheme. He doesn't get beat a lot. He's a great tackler. And he's a proven ballhawk.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/966904481370664961[/tweet]

Griffin/Maxwell/Coleman could be a good CB group.

Tical21

Reaction score
Love Maxwell, but old guys with their best ball behind them aren't guys you re-sign during a youth movement.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Tical21":1g3yhmpr said:
Love Maxwell, but old guys with their best ball behind them aren't guys you re-sign during a youth movement.

Every good team needs a mix of veterans and young upstarts. New England is consistently the oldest team in the league; they have found that cheap veterans (a la Byron Maxwell) are usually more physically developed and better prepared than the typical rookie.

Seymour

Reaction score
We somewhat need Maxwell back, but it will depend on cost. I don't see them throwing more than 3-4M at him tops. Going young there and saving the $$ to next years cap may well play into these decisions. I think they are going hard at 2019 personally, and cap rollover $$ is a part of that working.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
He was great for us last year. Not sherman great but better then when he played opposite of Sherman.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Maxwell is a little bit of a "low miles" player because his first year he only played 9 games mostly on special teams, and he also played only 9 in his second year.

But more importantly, he works in our defensive scheme. He didn't work in Philadelphia, or Miami, but he was good here before he left, and good when he came back. I think he's currently better than Coleman, and considering we just lightened our CB budget by a fair bit, we should be able to afford him.

He does tend to let the receiver catch the ball, but is a sure tackler and quite adept at forcing fumbles. He has 11 forced fumbles to match the 11 INTs in his career. Has decent size and speed. He has had some ankle and hamstring issues in the past couple years, but I'd certainly give him a 1-2 year deal until we find a sure replacement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like BMax a lot because he is scrappy and excels in our scheme. With the loss of Sherman I think it would be a very good idea to retain him.

sdog1981

Reaction score
B max is a patriots style player in the sense that he only works in the Seahawks system and no where else.

Atradees

Reaction score
Maxwell was is always in the right place to win the tip drill causing turnovers. He looked like his old self last year. I hope he stays. We have Coleman, Maxwell, Thomas and Shaq Griffin. The cupboard is not bare.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Give him $2-4m and bring him back please. He knows the system and he can help lead by example.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":c00azhde said:
Maxwell is a little bit of a "low miles" player because his first year he only played 9 games mostly on special teams, and he also played only 9 in his second year.

But more importantly, he works in our defensive scheme. He didn't work in Philadelphia, or Miami, but he was good here before he left, and good when he came back. I think he's currently better than Coleman, and considering we just lightened our CB budget by a fair bit, we should be able to afford him.

He does tend to let the receiver catch the ball, but is a sure tackler and quite adept at forcing fumbles. He has 11 forced fumbles to match the 11 INTs in his career. Has decent size and speed. He has had some ankle and hamstring issues in the past couple years, but I'd certainly give him a 1-2 year deal until we find a sure replacement.

You're assuming our defensive scheme will remain the same.

Brave soul.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Atradees":jut2ilx9 said:
We have Coleman, Maxwell, Thomas and Shaq Griffin. The cupboard is not bare.

Quote of the weekend.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
adeltaY":2thp9yz5 said:
Aros":2thp9yz5 said:
Atradees":2thp9yz5 said:
We have Coleman, Maxwell, Thomas and Shaq Griffin. The cupboard is not bare.

Quote of the weekend.

The only CB of those we have right now is Shaq. Coleman should be back as a RFA.

And Coleman is overrated. Getting pick-sixes against Jacoby Brissett and a terrible decision by Dak Prescott doesn't make one a Pro bowler. He's also largely a slot corner.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":1ofhem61 said:
KiwiHawk":1ofhem61 said:

You're assuming our defensive scheme will remain the same.

Brave soul.

of course it will stay the same. It will be the same scheme as long at Pete is the coach.