Seattle is rebuilding

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seattle is rebuilding my question is where are they going on offense because this is not a playoff team currently . They need help at WR they need help on the O-line they need help at RB . They lost Sherman and Jimmy. How are they going to score points. Seems to me they need to find some more offense in a hurry or next year will be a crap show. They must have a good draft this year or i'm done with the Pete and John era. I don't think they have done well at all the past few years in talent evaluation. Everyone in the division with the possible exception of Arizona is in a better position than Seattle. Also to me it makes no sense to resign Earl not anymore it's a waste of money because this is an 8-8 9-7 team and I have no confidence they strike gold in this years draft. They are rebuilding. The best they can hope for unless they keep the pick at 18 and take BPA is adding depth. I don't see any of the RB's that could be available in a trade down as game changers solid players yes star players no.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":onoxy5o7 said:
Seattle is rebuilding my question is where are they going on offense because this is not a playoff team currently . They need help at WR they need help on the O-line they need help at RB . They lost Sherman and Jimmy. How are they going to score points. Seems to me they need to find some more offense in a hurry or next year will be a crap show. They must have a good draft this year or i'm done with the Pete and John era. I don't think they have done well at all the past few years in talent evaluation. Everyone in the division with the possible exception of Arizona is in a better position than Seattle. Also to me it makes no sense to resign Earl not anymore it's a waste of money because this is an 8-8 9-7 team and I have no confidence they strike gold in this years draft. They are rebuilding. The best they can hope for unless they keep the pick at 18 and take BPA is adding depth. I don't see any of the RB's that could be available in a trade down as game changers solid players yes star players no.
This isn't the league of star running backs. Chris Carson will do fine. Thomas Rawls will do fine, given an offensive line.

Gone are the days of Tom Cable's scheme in which all the linemen launch themselves at the knees of the defensive line and end up looking like idiots lying on the ground while Wilson runs for his life or the running back is hit 3 yards behind the line.

It would be like New Orleans or Green Bay going to a run-first offense. It's silly. We have Wilson. We need to give him time and use his talent. Running backs will be there to run out the clock and maybe keep the defense honest. I could even see a scenario in which our feature back is Prosise and we use him as a receiver out of the backfield.

The idea of not extending Thomas because we won't be competitive is nonsense. How long did it take PC and JS to go from Mora's team to success? We were 11-5 at the end of the 3rd season, largely because the third season is where we drafted Wilson. We already have Wilson, so rebuilding is more like reloading.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2-3 core players is not rebuilding.

Patriots have done that for years

These players have been moved on because their effectiveness didn’t match their cost.

Trade RW. Then you’re rebuilding.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wacik56 said:
2-3 core players is not rebuilding.

Patriots have done that for years

These players have been moved on because their effectiveness didn’t match their cost.

Trade RW. Then you’re rebuilding.

Sherman

Kam

Avril

Shead

Bennett

All Starters

Add Graham

and that's six starters, possibility of Thomas being traded based on rumors and Coleman, Dion Jordan, Mike Davis , Thomas Rawls, Dewey McDonald all getting tendered.

That's more then 2 or 3 all starters or big contributors in different aspects.

That's pretty much a re tool, rebuild, now add in all the coaches let go. Restructure, reorganization, re engineering or what ever you want to use to avoid the rebuild word, but it's a rebuild.

It's rebuild with a hope in fans eyes of having some wood in the shed and materials on hand, call it a face lift if that makes many feel better.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm ripping this off from I think Brock Huard but can't recall for sure, but the Seahawks are retooling; not rebuilding.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":uhv1rxd2 said:
I'm ripping this off from I think Brock Huard but can't recall for sure, but the Seahawks are retooling; not rebuilding.

Yeah another way of saying Left the Company to pursue other opportunities or spend more time with the family, you were fired or laid off.

Jesus this country has a problem with directness.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":v8vnehhe said:
Yeah another way of saying Left the Company to pursue other opportunities or spend more time with the family, you were fired or laid off.

Aren't I pretty much the last damn person on this entire forum that you'd accuse of lacking directness?

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1xufs1kg said:
chris98251":1xufs1kg said:

Aren't I pretty much the last damn person on this entire forum that you'd accuse of lacking directness?

Was speaking in general, all those descriptions still mean the same thing but using the powder puff girls delivery.

Oh and to answer your question, it should read one of the few remaining :)

Vpk0718

Reaction score
RussB":2c716b7h said:
Ill be surprised if they are better than the browns next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're worse.

0-20. Not even going to win a preseason game. No reason to watch.

:cry:

12forlife

Reaction score
Vpk0718":294iiohh said:
RussB":294iiohh said:
Ill be surprised if they are better than the browns next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're worse.

0-20. Not even going to win a preseason game. No reason to watch.

:cry:

Wow the ignorance is real!! The Hawks are simply making moves they have to make. Does everyone forget what PC/JS did to this roster when they took over. They had to completely start over. Not the case at all here. Yes it is going to be a different team in '18, with "some" new faces. Players age, get injured, and don't play up to their cap hit. Yes loosing Avril, Kam, MB, Sherm & Graham stinks. But did anyone think a couple pimply faced kids like ET/Kam/Sherm would become arguably the best Defensive backfield of all time? I admit I didn't, but look what PC/JS built, and gave us our 1st SB ring!!! Have faith people. We have a lot of solid pieces in place, and it all starts with having one of the elite QB's in house, plus ET, Wagner, Clark, Reed, Naz, Shaq, Duane Brown, Carson, Baldwin. They just resigned McDougal today, and imagine they try to get Shead or Maxwell to resign. They are going to fill some holes here in FA, and who knows yet what we got in D, Hill & C, Thompson. Not saying it happens, but say in FA they are able to land Norwell, him @ LG next to Brown could be huge. Then maybe we land Suh, a Dline of Clark, Jordan, Suh, Reed, Naz, yeah that would suck! I also think they take a chance w/ ASJ @ TE, and resign Willson not bad imo. @ RB Carson is solid, I would rather keep M. Davis / McKissic over Rawls, kick the tires on Blount, Hyde & Stewart, I'm sure they have a RB in this deep draft that the covet. So then score 2-4 draft picks that can prove to be NFL talents, we could easily be a playoff team very soon! If you honestly think we are that bad, worse then the browns, bwaaaaahaha ok, and 0-20 next season, please don't call yourself a hawk fan, get on the bus with Sherm, and limp your way down to SF.

12forlife

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38oin44t said:
LOL 12forlife, I'm 99.999% sure that Vpk0718 was being a smartass to RussB.

Well we can hope. I honestly can't tell anymore, so many supposed "Hawk Fans" just completely messin their dress over their favorite Seahawks getting cut or traded. I personally can't wait to see what this team looks like come September.

original poster

Reaction score
This is absolutely not a rebuild.

Unless the team rebuilds every single offseason by loosing some good players, some bad players and some average players as well as signing some good players, bad players and average players.

If that's how you class rebuilding, then I agree.

If you think this team has accepted that 2018 is not their year and they will lay down and accept their fate, then I firmly disagree.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
“Chris Carson will do fine”. This is the kind of thinking that got us where we are right now. The guy is inexperianced and coming off a major injury. If he is still plan A then we are headed for trouble.

original poster

Reaction score
brimsalabim":211io8f8 said:
“Chris Carson will do fine”. This is the kind of thinking that got us where we are right now. The guy is inexperianced and coming off a major injury. If he is still plan A then we are headed for trouble.

Exactly. I've always strongly disagreed with anyone that wants to run with Carson as RB1.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
No, they're finally making smart business decisions. This is absolutely not a full rebuild.