drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/973653598428188673[/tweet]

OP
OP
D

drrew

Reaction score
Seems like an odd move considering it would have only cost $XXX. Seemed like he'd have a role, especially at that salary.

Editing to say tender actually $1.9m - minimum salary is $705k, which is probably closer to what they want to pay.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
drrew":3b4sp5hz said:
Seems like an odd move considering it would have only cost $705k. Seemed like he'd have a role, especially at that salary.

$1.9 million is the tender. They will probably try to sign him for a million less than that.

sutz

Reaction score
Wow, kind of unexpected. He looked like he might be a keeper.

Hyak

Reaction score
He's not worth the tender. He flashed some ability except for a huge one - DURABILITY. He's not getting 1.9 M on the open market IMO.

King Dog

Reaction score
JTB":1arn0pjl said:
He's not worth the tender. He flashed some ability except for a huge one - DURABILITY. He's not getting 1.9 M on the open market IMO.

I don't remember him being injured.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This was expected due to the tender price. They hope to resign him cheaper. Emphasis on hope. He can now sign anywhere knowing that Carson is firmly planted ahead of him. He could have a chance at more PT elsewhere. Emphasis on chance on his part.

1.9 mil was too much. Especially with this draft.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As others have pointed out, Mike Davis is simply not worth 1.9M on a cap strapped team.

He was on our practice squad for most of the season and did not generate any interest. If he does return, it will be at the vet minimum I would imagine.

A-Dog

Reaction score
With Carson, Procise, Madden, and McKissic on board, the tender is just too much

Really curious what will happen with Dion Jordan though... no news on him or Avril is interesting

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A-Dog":3mn1whon said:
With Carson, Procise, Madden, and McKissic on board, the tender is just too much

McKissic is really the only one who threatens him. Prosise and Madden aren't worth much, and if you listen to Sgt. Largent, Carson is due to spontaneously explode into a red cloud of meat and bones any day now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Give me Prosise and Lynchs durability and then were talking, Give me Madden and Prosise's or Lynchs speed and then were talking, standing alone McKissic is the only one that stands out and he was a after thought till everyone else went down with one exception Mike Davis and he was last man standing as our pounder.

A-Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1nlo673i said:
A-Dog":1nlo673i said:

McKissic is really the only one who threatens him. Prosise and Madden aren't worth much, and if you listen to Sgt. Largent, Carson is due to spontaneously explode into a red cloud of meat and bones any day now.

I don't agree, really, I think all of them show potential to contribute. Davis, IMO, doesn't do anything special that those guys can't, at least not at $1.9M per.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2x1ay5pk said:
Oh god I hope rawls isn't signed instead....garbage.

Pete isn't signing Rawls after that pathetic celebration when he broke one for 10-12 yards then lost 15 from penalty celebrating. Kiss of death after what he showed last year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Davis was our only back who they trusted with screen passes, so I'm sure they'd like him back to cover the unlikely situation that Prosise does not play all 16 games. Maybe McKissic can grow a little there in the offseason.

As others have said, not paying Davis $1.9m under the tender is indicative of nothing.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Davis on a minimum deal and give him a chance to make the team. Hoping we get a Vet in the $2-4M range and a 1st-3rd rd RB.