Benson Mayowa visiting Seattle Today

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting players, originally signed with the Hawks and then got picked up by the Cowboys. Been a solid rotational player for them since.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/973909811921334272[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A 2nd or 3rd string DE with a quick get off, was here for a season then released with the cuts the next, then grabbed by Dallas and played adequately in relief for them for 2 seasons, now a FA. Seattle had hoped to keep him on the PS but Dallas recognized his ability. Knows Seattle's D. Has been visiting several teams around the league this FA period.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1n376m00 said:
A 2nd or 3rd string DE with a quick get off, was here for a season then released with the cuts the next, then grabbed by Dallas and played adequately in relief for them for 2 seasons, now a FA. Seattle had hoped to keep him on the PS but Dallas recognized his ability. Knows Seattle's D. Has been visiting several teams around the league this FA period.

Close. Only he went to Oakland from here for 2 years, then to Dallas. He was here in 2013 with a strong Dline at the time....so there is that too.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Journeyman player, a kind of player that can come in for a play, two, or five and give your starters a blow. He'll not hurt you. Once in a while he'll make "a play". If he can't be had for lowish money Hawks will pass.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":767qf7dv said:
Seymour":767qf7dv said:
RussB":767qf7dv said:
No offense, but who is that guy?

Scrub undrafted DE that we released after 1 year.

You forgot .NET pre-season darling.

Correct -- played really well against B players in pre-season games

Got released and had a solid 2016 with Dallas. I remember watching him in several games and thinking - he should be playing for the hawks. Ended up with 6 sacks (yes I just googled it) in 2016 but only had 1 in 2017. Not sure if there were injuries / not getting opportunities or what caused the drop

Either way I think he could be had cheap and we already know who he is. He could do some damage in the backfield as he proved in 2016

Seanhawk

Reaction score
original poster":2ialeq7j said:
His 1 sack in 2017 was on Russ I noticed when checking out his stats.

So zero sacks against real NFL linemen coached by a real NFL offensive line coach?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
original poster":ke6zwehr said:

Tom Cable was impressed with how he was able yo beat his expertly coached OL and suggested signing him to play OT.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
original poster":2cy6e49a said:

But he did look great on that sack though!

I remember thinking, "Dang, Mayowa...what a beast...why'd we let him slip away?" before I realized that was his one for the year.

original poster

Reaction score
This has vet minimum written all over it (still doubt they actually sign him).

Read - camp body.

sutz

Reaction score
Hmmm, backup LB....I wonder how his ST work is? We had a few screw ups on ST last season, too. LBs are often good open field tacklers.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seanhawk":12tpfhe9 said:
original poster":12tpfhe9 said:

So zero sacks against real NFL linemen coached by a real NFL offensive line coach?

LOL beat me to it, only I was going to say "so one gimme then".