You can only sign one... Suh or Thomas??

You can have one player Suh or Thomas. Who would you sign?

• Ndamukong Suh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":v0g6ckqh said:
those pics though :vodka: :vodka:

Trying to sway the votes. Rodgers is the enemy....correct? :twisted:

massari

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be Suh or Richardson?

I'd trade Thomas and sign Suh if I had to pick.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":101zsecd said:
Shouldn't it be Suh or Richardson?

I'd trade Thomas and sign Suh if I had to pick.

Nope....way too easy! :D

That is a good 2nd point though. Signing Suh only would mean trading Earl and likely getting a high 2nd or better.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'd trade Aaron Donald for Thomas yes, but not Suh.

rossob

Reaction score
TreeRon":2rvrqg2m said:
The thing is that we don't have to trade for Suh, we just sign him. And we get whatever we get by trading Earl and receive a 3. round comp. pick by not resigning Sheldon.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The younger, better, future HOF, generational talent in Earl, or a pretty good DT that likes to stomp ankles for fun...... hmmmm, tough choice.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rossob":3bljgc5a said:
TreeRon":3bljgc5a said:
The thing is that we don't have to trade for Suh, we just sign him. And we get whatever we get by trading Earl and receive a 3. round comp. pick by not resigning Sheldon.

Anything we might have gained with a Richardson departure would be immediately nullified with a Suh signing. You don't get picks based on your player losses, it's a formula based on the difference between Free Agent Losses and Signings.

Under the rules for compensatory draft selections, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vnu9oa5 said:
rossob":1vnu9oa5 said:
TreeRon":1vnu9oa5 said:

Anything we might have gained with a Richardson departure would be immediately nullified with a Suh signing. You don't get picks based on your player losses, it's a formula based on the difference between Free Agent Losses and Signings.

Suh was cut, so I don’t believe he would be a factor in comp picks.

RCATES

Reaction score
ET has not been the same the last 3 years. He's not flying around making plays like he used too. He's still a great player but just not the disruptive force he once was. Suh would make a immediate impact and be a disruptive force in the middle. Something Richardson just never seemed to get going. I'd take Suh

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2u53ybrk said:
kidhawk":2u53ybrk said:
rossob":2u53ybrk said:
TreeRon":2u53ybrk said:

This. No losses with signing Suh, he was released not a FA.

mikeak

Reaction score
Suh - rather have a Seahawk player step on Rodgers than by him as he moves around and completes it downfield......

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":25cu0qg4 said:
kidhawk":25cu0qg4 said:
rossob":25cu0qg4 said:
TreeRon":25cu0qg4 said:

I know they don't count as far as Miami gaining, but I assumed that as he's now an UFA, he'd count as a signing. I haven't read anywhere specifically that it doesn't count against the signing team, but I'm not anywhere close to 100% since they won't release the actual formula used for calculating it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3b1hu0ui said:
JSeahawks":3b1hu0ui said:
kidhawk":3b1hu0ui said:
rossob":3b1hu0ui said:

This. No losses with signing Suh, he was released not a FA.

As I told J...the formula isn't public knowledge, all we know for sure is he won't count as a positive for Miami. I haven't seen anything concrete saying he won't count against the teams signing them. It may be so, but until they release the formula (which they aren't going to do) it's hard to be sure either way)

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":35jm9vlq said:
ET has not been the same the last 3 years. He's not flying around making plays like he used too. He's still a great player but just not the disruptive force he once was. Suh would make a immediate impact and be a disruptive force in the middle. Something Richardson just never seemed to get going. I'd take Suh

Really?? :shock:

November 2017........
"Yeah, that was a big hit for sure; probably one of the hardest I've got hit in my career for sure," he said, via CBSSports.com. "(It was) by a good player; a good fast player who's like a missile."

"It was a good, clean hit; nothing against it. I just took it and it just knocked the wind out of me a little bit, that's all. If you've ever gotten the wind knocked out of you, you know what that feels like. Just down for about a minute or two, it's a little tough to breath, but once it comes back, you're good."

Gronk is such a bulk that often times defenders opt to go low in an effort took take him off his feet and, you know, live to see their family again. You may remember a low hit tore up Gronk's knee and ended his season in 2013. Thomas fearlessly took Gronk on, which tells you a lot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanHanzus/status/798231191652470788[/tweet]