I hope there is a grand plan to all of these moves

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Because we are sitting on one really big pile of cash to spend.
And at this moment our team is looking more than a little thin -- and a big step down from like one week ago.
My two cents, probably stating the obvious...

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1wx3r9dl said:
And at this moment our team is looking more than a little thin -- and a big step down from like one week ago.

There isn't. They just like to roll around on the VMAC floor covered in Benjamins

mikeak

Reaction score
You can bet that the plan includes not signing FA players that costs significant comp picks..........

It is why you see them being aggressive with players being cut but not with players that are true FA in that they played out their contract

A-Dog

Reaction score
there is... check out the "What is our plan?" thread

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The smart plan is the Cleveland Brown's plan: tank, tank, tank and get the best picks next year. This roster has no chance to win the SB in 2018/19. We need to reload and hope we draft extremely well. We can't afford to screw this draft.
We will find out if Russell W. = Tom Brady and if Pete C. = Bill B. I believe one thing: the NFC West is not the AFC East.
We are not the Pats (the Pats are unique, lucky and cheaters).

ducks41468

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gcjiqd3 said:
Re-up Earl, Re-up Brown, and roll the rest over for next year.

I really hope we don't try to re-up Brown before we've seen how well he plays with a new oline coach. The guy's gonna be 34 before next year starts and struggled after the trade, though that may be on Cable. Still, if the plan is to dump old, expensive players, signing the oldest of the bunch to a pricy extension completely goes against that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2s8pwr98 said:
Tusc2000":2s8pwr98 said:

There isn't. They just like to roll around on the VMAC floor covered in Benjamins

Giphy

adeltaY

Reaction score
ducks41468":242lexm1 said:
Sports Hernia":242lexm1 said:

I really hope we don't try to re-up Brown before we've seen how well he plays with a new oline coach. The guy's gonna be 34 before next year starts and struggled after the trade, though that may be on Cable. Still, if the plan is to dump old, expensive players, signing the oldest of the bunch to a pricy extension completely goes against that.

He held out with for the Texans while he had two years left on his deal. Wouldn't he just hold out again if we don't extend him? If Brown and Sheldon leave, we would have lost two second round picks and a third for next to no impact production. Can't let that happen.

IMO, don't spend much in FA unless we can get Suh. Let everyone walk, extend Earl, Clark, and Brown.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tim Ruskell had a plan....it was a terrible plan but he did have a plan. Hope JS/PC plan is better but I disagree with a lot of the moves being made of recent.

ducks41468

Reaction score
adeltaY":39ljjls2 said:
ducks41468":39ljjls2 said:
Sports Hernia":39ljjls2 said:

He held out with for the Texans while he had two years left on his deal. Wouldn't he just hold out again if we don't extend him? If Brown and Sheldon leave, we would have lost two second round picks and a third for next to no impact production. Can't let that happen.

IMO, don't spend much in FA unless we can get Suh. Let everyone walk, extend Earl, Clark, and Brown.

The picks are a sunk cost. Don't double down on an already bad trade extending the guy like we did with Harvin. We've already seen how this plays out.

mikeak

Reaction score
adeltaY":iudt2bxj said:
ducks41468":iudt2bxj said:
Sports Hernia":iudt2bxj said:

At some point players also realize that it will really hurt them in FA if they hold out for two different teams

So that works in our favor

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Crizilla":211y24w0 said:
There is....it's called "trying to win"

Yes I know, of course JS/PC are trying to win. My point is that -- this year anyway -- a team without Michael Bennet, Richard Sherman, Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson (and potentially Earl Thomas, Luke Willson, et al) is a much weaker team than one with them. I know there are sticky financial issues and the need to not trash the future in trying to get one last shot at a ring with the guys who bring ya.

My original question relates to where this stockpile of money is aimed at -- it would of course be nice to re-build the O-line, get some great young playmaker talent to develop at RB/WR, yada yada. But at this stage, it's not so easy to figure out where all this is going.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another day of drama.......At least it's consistent :lol:
Do your thing Pete and John, some of us believe.