How long

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
How long do you think Pete & John will take to get back to dominance? Pete cleaned house when he first came in and it took 4 years. He has more pieces now (even with everything going on) including a great QB. Plus his culture is already in place. How long do you think it will take. Or do you think it is over for John and Pete?

hawkman

Reaction score
Four years again. No playoffs for the next 2. Sneak into a wild card and lose wildcard game in year 3. Do some damage in playoffs in year 4. But for this to happen they need to hit on some superstars in the draft, if that doesn’t happen it will be years before we see the playoffs again.

mrt144

Reaction score
I think it's over. I have a hard time buying Pete coaching here an additional 4 years and JS sticking around absent Pete. At least we'll get a chance to appreciate what mediocre football actually looks like.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
How do you define dominance? With a little bit better luck health wise, and a kicker who won’t lose us games, I expect us to be in the playoffs this year.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It’s been over. They ran Lynch and Sherm (and maybe Thomas) out of town. They failed to make the playoffs last year and one would hope that would have lit some fire under them to fix it. The response was to pick up schotty and mingo. Yeah it’s over.

mrt144

Reaction score
NJlargent":erdeh4ss said:
It’s been over. They ran Lynch and Sherm (and maybe Thomas) out of town. They failed to make the playoffs last year and one would hope that would have lit some fire under them to fix it. The response was to pick up schotty and mingo. Yeah it’s over.

I think an external factor is that both the Rams and Niners are making moves to get back into the thick of things and at the very least the Rams seem positioned to continue where they left off last season. Contrary to what PC espouses, it kinda does matter what other teams are doing.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
flmmkrz":68i0j8yo said:
1 year, we're back this year.
I don't completely agree with this, but I'm closer to that feeling than I am all the chicken little extremism around here. I bet 90% of us thought Pete and John were nuts the first offseason, what with all the moves and roster churn.
I guess I'm willing to see what the roster looks like opening day before throwing in the towel, and see how the new coaching moves play out before calling for their heads.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m thinking at least we will be back in the playoffs in 2019 if things go right, drafting, health, extending Earl, and Brown etc etc. Barring a miracle no way they make it in 2018. Rams are better, Niners may very well be better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Such drama

Very difficult to determine where this team will be in 5 months, moreso next season.

They have money, and draft capital in 2019. The question is whether either are in for a rebuild or want to win right away

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't know. D will probably be serviceable, but that run game; can that get fixed in less than years?

Serviceable D + run game multiple years out + question marks @ receiver/TE = 2+years if at all before we'll see playoffs under PC. And I hope I'm completely wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fc2fwls said:
They have money, and draft capital in 2019. The question is whether either are in for a rebuild or want to win right away

That is the question.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
There is just nothing exciting about whats happening.
6 -10
1 - 5 division
5-5 the rest of the way..

Still love my Hawks though.

original poster

Reaction score
Playoffs this season, no doubt in my mind.

People are forgetting we still have a fantastic roster.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":dtf0xvsd said:
I don't know. D will probably be serviceable, but that run game; can that get fixed in less than years?

Serviceable D + run game multiple years out + question marks @ receiver/TE = 2+years if at all before we'll see playoffs under PC. And I hope I'm completely wrong.

And a fair few don't want to extend Russell Wilson so we'd be without him as well because it's too expensive LOL.

Also, I don't think this is an extremely talented team any more and I also don't believe we have the Xs and Os coaching to compensate. 2012-2016 this was a talented team and that's how we won. Because we had elite players littered throughout the roster. Now? Not so much

QB: elite
WR: Baldwin is elite
OL: none
TE: none
RB: none

DB: ETIII is elite, Kam is elite but at least one won't be on the team
LB: Bobby and KJ
DL: Clark has the third most sacks through his first three seasons of any drafted Seahawk ever, but not there yet

So we have five, maybe six blue chip players. Also not that much depth atm, but that will surely change after FA and the draft. Contrast with the earlier seahawks

QB: elite
WR: Baldwin
OL: none
TE: Graham but I'm not counting him as we didn't win with him
RB: Lynch

DB: ETIII, Kam, Sherm
LB: Bobby and KJ
DL: Mike B and Cliff

Ten blue chips and we had some serious depth. That's what it took for us to win. I do not believe our talent stacks up to the best teams. Take the Vikings defense for example. They have Griffen, Hunter, H. Smith, Barr, Rhodes, and Kendricks. That's six blue chips just on D. Jags D has Ramsey, Bouye, Calais, Ngakoue, Jackson, and T. Smith. IMO we need to get back to having 5+ elite defensive players OR the offense needs to start shouldering the load. I have zero faith in the latter happening.

NJlargent

Reaction score
original poster":30m4uqie said:

We have a few fantastic players. But that fantastic roster failed to make the playoffs last year.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":66lt2xd5 said:
How long do you think Pete & John will take to get back to dominance? Pete cleaned house when he first came in and it took 4 years. He has more pieces now (even with everything going on) including a great QB. Plus his culture is already in place. How long do you think it will take. Or do you think it is over for John and Pete?

It took 4 years to win a SB, but it did not take 4 years to become a dominant team. Halfway through 2012, once they took the training wheels off Russ, that team was obliterating people. 150 points in 3 games. I think a big signing like Suh, could have the defense as a top 10 defense in 2018. Then if the draft went well and they fixed the running game between Solari and draft picks, this team could be back to a 10 win season. It's still up in the air on who they bring in though.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":2m2l1t4b said:

And we're cutting enough dead weight to rise!