Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • original poster wrote:I'm sure I speak in the minority crowd here but I'd honestly take a 2nd or even a 3rd for him at this point.

He's not getting a new deal here, that's a given. So a hold out is very possible, after that? Free agency for a 4th round comp pick (assuming they don't go heavy in free agency next year)? Doesn't sound ideal does it.

If he didn't hold out I'd be all for letting him play next year and even tagging him in 2019, although it doesn't see a very 'Seahawky' thing to do under this front office. I'd probably prefer to keep him next year rather than getting a 2nd or a 3rd on the basis that he doesn't hold out.

But Earl for half a season? That doesn't appeal to me in the slightest hence taking whatever you can get.

May be Cleveland may want him more?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    original poster wrote:I'm sure I speak in the minority crowd here but I'd honestly take a 2nd or even a 3rd for him at this point.

He's not getting a new deal here, that's a given. So a hold out is very possible, after that? Free agency for a 4th round comp pick (assuming they don't go heavy in free agency next year)? Doesn't sound ideal does it.

If he didn't hold out I'd be all for letting him play next year and even tagging him in 2019, although it doesn't see a very 'Seahawky' thing to do under this front office. I'd probably prefer to keep him next year rather than getting a 2nd or a 3rd on the basis that he doesn't hold out.

But Earl for half a season? That doesn't appeal to me in the slightest hence taking whatever you can get.

I'd love #33 from them then trade #18 for #35 and #64 + change.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• I'd use thar #33 on Taven Bryan probably. Outside of Vea, he's the only inside guy who regularly shows elite and raw explosion and power. He might need a little work to become what he's capable of, but when you see that dude attack and blast any OL of any type...it's a good thing to watch.

Edit: Eh, Bryan is probably gone by then. Use 18 to trade back ro 24 and then take him maybe? Dunno...
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• original poster wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    original poster wrote:I'm sure I speak in the minority crowd here but I'd honestly take a 2nd or even a 3rd for him at this point.

Earl is worth more than #33, but willing to settle for that. Cleveland desperately needs a FS, our Earl the future HOF is just what veteran leadership that will elevate Browns to the next level.

Do it Cleveland .

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Earl is worth more than #33, but willing to settle for that. Cleveland desperately needs a FS, our Earl the future HOF is just what veteran leadership that will elevate Browns to the next level.

Do it Cleveland .

Earl can easily block teams like Cleveland by telling them he won't sign an extension. That is one big issue that may well be holding this trade back IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• It would be interesting to know if the interest is even there and what the offers have been like. If he is not traded he signs elsewhere next year. Expect a watered down performance this year to ensure no injury occurs or maybe even a mysterious hamstring issue that will keep him sidelined. If you think he is going to try hard when he's not getting the money and knowing he's gone anyway think again. IMO we have to get what we can now for him. A 2nd and a 3rd might be the best offer out there...or less for all we know.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:It would be interesting to know if the interest is even there and what the offers have been like. If he is not traded he signs elsewhere next year. Expect a watered down performance this year to ensure no injury occurs or maybe even a mysterious hamstring issue that will keep him sidelined. If you think he is going to try hard when he's not getting the money and knowing he's gone anyway think again. IMO we have to get what we can now for him. A 2nd and a 3rd might be the best offer out there...or less for all we know.

Why would he hurt his value in a contract year? Especially for a player who wants nothing but to be the greatest at what he does.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• Seymour wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Do it Cleveland .

Earl can easily block teams like Cleveland by telling them he won't sign an extension. That is one big issue that may well be holding this trade back IMO.

Agree 100%, but hoping a team like Cleveland would be desperate enough to overpaid and Earl will sign for $$$, which ought be his goal at this stage. ie to cash in on pass performance.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Well if Earl does stick around, I sure hope he adds "hugged Red Garrett in the Boy's tunnel" to the Karma list. :D

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:It would be interesting to know if the interest is even there and what the offers have been like. If he is not traded he signs elsewhere next year. Expect a watered down performance this year to ensure no injury occurs or maybe even a mysterious hamstring issue that will keep him sidelined. If you think he is going to try hard when he's not getting the money and knowing he's gone anyway think again. IMO we have to get what we can now for him. A 2nd and a 3rd might be the best offer out there...or less for all we know.

Why would he hurt his value in a contract year? Especially for a player who wants nothing but to be the greatest at what he does.

Honestly don't think it would. Jimmy tried only in the red zone last year and he got a big payday. I just don't think there is any way he gives it is all with his buddies gone and no new deal.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:It would be interesting to know if the interest is even there and what the offers have been like. If he is not traded he signs elsewhere next year. Expect a watered down performance this year to ensure no injury occurs or maybe even a mysterious hamstring issue that will keep him sidelined. If you think he is going to try hard when he's not getting the money and knowing he's gone anyway think again. IMO we have to get what we can now for him. A 2nd and a 3rd might be the best offer out there...or less for all we know.

Honestly don't think it would. Jimmy tried only in the red zone last year and he got a big payday. I just don't think there is any way he gives it is all with his buddies gone and no new deal.

That's really silly...I dont think Earl knows how too slow down. He's one of those players that will always strive to be the best.
    rcaido
    NET Starter

• vin.couve12 wrote:If he stays, that's a dumb move. He's gone to TX after this season. Get what you can now. It should ha e happened in the frenzy, but at this point just get it done. It's basically a 1 year rental right now.

Not necessarily true. They can franchise him twice if they don’t extend him this year, plus *allas is in cap hell and will be for a couple of years, and will be in a lot worse shape the Seattle will be for the near future.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The Seahawks v Texans game is on nfl tv right now. Earl got his doors blown off by will fuller on the 1st score of the game. Got caught flat footed and took too long to react and was 2 steps behind and never even got close to contesting the catch. Was actually kinda sad how helpless he looked but it was a good play and a fast receiver but still
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:If he stays, that's a dumb move. He's gone to TX after this season. Get what you can now. It should ha e happened in the frenzy, but at this point just get it done. It's basically a 1 year rental right now.

Not necessarily true. They can franchise him twice if they don’t extend him this year, plus *allas is in cap hell and will be for a couple of years, and will be in a lot worse shape the Seattle will be for the near future.

Horrible ideology. You're still thinking you have autonomy over a human who can literally just not play your game. Guy got hurt one single time and was thinking about retirement. Beyond that, franchising is petty, weak and small and it will cause problems on your team. If JS uses the franchise tag on anyone, I'll be part of a growing group of people who will want his arse run out of town. Seriously, franchising is for losers who can't do their job.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I'm all about franchising Earl Thomas if they can't get a three-year extension worked out. Franchise tag is part of the rules of the game. He would get $11+ million, which is a lot to walk away from just to take a stand on something.

As Earl himself said, he will be "rich and happy regardless."

Ideally, they won't need to use the franchise tag on anyone. They haven't used it since Olindo Mare in 2010.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• No way. I don't care if it's a QB, Bell, or Olindo frickin Mare. Rules or not, it's bad practice and you're asking for trouble on your team. Bobby Wagner is the best player on the team and I still wouldn't use it on him either. It should be done away with completely.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:No way. I don't care if it's a QB, Bell, or Olindo frickin Mare. Rules or not, it's bad practice and you're asking for trouble on your team. Bobby Wagner is the best player on the team and I still wouldn't use it on him either. It should be done away with completely.

It's possible the front office agrees with this. They have treated their players as well as any other team in the league. The latest example was releasing Richard Sherman early, so that he would have more time to find a new deal, before they had worked out a new contract with Byron Maxwell, which basically forfeited all of their leverage.

However, I just don't agree with playing with one hand tied behind your back. As a last resort option, to prevent us from being bid into the stratosphere by teams with $50 million in cap space, I would use the franchise tag to keep a player like Earl Thomas in the fold. These are the rules the rest of league is playing by.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:If he stays, that's a dumb move. He's gone to TX after this season. Get what you can now. It should ha e happened in the frenzy, but at this point just get it done. It's basically a 1 year rental right now.

Horrible ideology. You're still thinking you have autonomy over a human who can literally just not play your game. Guy got hurt one single time and was thinking about retirement. Beyond that, franchising is petty, weak and small and it will cause problems on your team. If JS uses the franchise tag on anyone, I'll be part of a growing group of people who will want his arse run out of town. Seriously, franchising is for losers who can't do their job.

Disagree pretty much 100%, sorry. You don’t get better trading off your best players just to be getting a marginal midround draft pick because you are butthurt that he said he wants to play for his hometown team before he is done playing. This isn’t Madden or fantasy football.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I don't care who does what. It's a man to man thing and it's disgusting, dishonorable, and is just plain wrong. The end.

EDIT: In my line of work, most companies have a BS clause where you can be denied work for up to a year due to trade secrets, but thankfully, WA does not recognize it (most companies don't try to enforce anyway). No one should ever, ever, ever own the sole rights to your employment under any circumstances. The fact that it's football and millions of dollars are involved is irrelevant.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Anyway, it's not going to happen. I would hope that they have learned from Lynch type issues that they themselves had a part in creating that had a cascading effect for multiple years. Earl isn't as important as Lynch was, but either way, you don't pull some crap that like when you're trying to "reset."
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:I don't care who does what. It's a man to man thing and it's disgusting, dishonorable, and is just plain wrong. The end.

EDIT: In my line of work, most companies have a BS clause where you can be denied work for up to a year due to trade secrets, but thankfully, WA does not recognize it (most companies don't try to enforce anyway). No one should ever, ever, ever own the sole rights to your employment under any circumstances. The fact that it's football and millions of dollars are involved is irrelevant.

Meh, IMHO you are getting caught up in “the drama”, it’s like getting upset over what someone says on Facebook.

As for employment, loyalty is a 2 way street. Ask Sherm about the teams loyalty to him when he got cut.
    My longtime job is going away in April of next year, after 24 years, my company has zero loyalty to its employees, just so the CEO and the executives can add a few more dollars to their already extremely bloated salaries.

So spare me the employees need to be loyal servants act.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• When I started where I work we had 180,000 employees, after 18 years and a few months, working on 4th merger, takeover, whatever you want to call it, depends on who wants to hear the PC version, that doesn't include the smaller companies we bought to glean technology we are at about 30,000 employees now with more across the board layoffs about to happen.

We see no loyalty for the loyalty given and effort submitted over the years.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sports Hernia wrote:My longtime job is going away in April of next year, after 24 years

My condolences. Been there, done that, got the scars.

THOU SHALL NOT TRADE EARL.
    I have spoken.
    I would cry.
    Honest.
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing aka fake news.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.
    The concept of "ethic" has been stripped from the Journalism curriculum.
    Rocket
    * .NET Attention Whore *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:I don't care who does what. It's a man to man thing and it's disgusting, dishonorable, and is just plain wrong. The end.

Meh, IMHO you are getting caught up in “the drama”, it’s like getting upset over what someone says on Facebook.

As for employment, loyalty is a 2 way street. Ask Sherm about the teams loyalty to him when he got cut.
    My longtime job is going away in April of next year, after 24 years, my company has zero loyalty to its employees, just so the CEO and the executives can add a few more dollars to their already extremely bloated salaries.

So spare me the employees need to be loyal servants act.

Employees don't need to be loyal at all nor should they be. Loyalty is another one of those made up BS things to make people feel better and/or a guise for employers to take advantage. I never said anything about loyalty.

EDIT: I have also never held the money aspect against Earl. He saw what happened to Sherm, Kam, and countless other NFL players and is merely just doing what's best for him. I do not blame him for that what so ever.

Outside of Earl being a one year rental that we need to get something for and also the fact that he's always had that 1st round pick/Luke Keuchly overrated aspect, he needs to be a better teammate and he also needs to not solicit himself to other teams while under contract that he signed. It's not really about that though. It makes absolute perfect sense to deal him, under the circumstances. He's gone now or less than a year from now. There's no choice in that except a highest paid FS contract, which isn't worth it in the slightest.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:EDIT: I have also never held the money aspect against Earl. He saw what happened to Sherm, Kam, and countless other NFL players and is merely just doing what's best for him. I do not blame him for that what so ever.

So you would rather lose Earl Thomas than pay him $11+ million to remain a Seahawk for at least another season?

The franchise tag is better than the deal Earl has RIGHT NOW: $8.5 million with nothing guaranteed.

I get that some players don't like being franchised because it means less guaranteed money, but that's part of the deal of being an NFL player. Earl has made tens of millions of dollars under these rules.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:EDIT: I have also never held the money aspect against Earl. He saw what happened to Sherm, Kam, and countless other NFL players and is merely just doing what's best for him. I do not blame him for that what so ever.

So you would rather lose Earl Thomas than pay him $11+ million to remain a Seahawk for at least another season?

The franchise tag is better than the deal Earl has RIGHT NOW: $8.5 million with nothing guaranteed.

I get that some players don't like being franchised because it means less guaranteed money, but that's part of the deal of being an NFL player. Earl has made tens of millions of dollars under these rules.

I would never franchise tag a player. And I don't see it as a loss, but rather the accumulation of future assets due to the fact that the loss is inevitable within a years time.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:he needs to be a better teammate

Earl Thomas has the same leadership qualities as Bobby Wagner. He leads by the example of his extraordinary work ethic.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:he needs to be a better teammate

Earl Thomas has the same leadership qualities as Bobby Wagner. He leads by the example of his extraordinary work ethic.

No he does not. He doesn't call the plays by Wagner and has never been an on field adjuster like Wagner for the front 7 in run defense nor like Kam for the back 7 in pass coverage. Work ethic in the NFL is not unique.

On top of that, if you don't replace ET with a player like Terrell and instead replace them with a player like McDougald, you see little to no drop off. We went from 17ppg to 16ppg with McDougald playing FS. Kam can be the eyes for the new SS, whomever that is, just as he was for McDougald last year, in McDougald's own words.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:

No he does not. He doesn't call the plays by Wagner and has never been an on field adjuster like Wagner for the front 7 in run defense nor like Kam for the back 7 in pass coverage. Work ethic in the NFL is not unique.

On top of that, if you don't replace ET with a player like Terrell and instead replace them with a player like McDougald, you see little to no drop off. We went from 17ppg to 16ppg with McDougald playing FS. Kam can be the eyes for the new SS, whomever that is, just as he was for McDougald last year, in McDougald's own words.

Again McDougald played two games at FS against Cousins and Stanton. Tiny sample size. Using that to say we'd be fine at FS with McDougald long term is a leap. You obviously have something against Earl and really like Bobby so you come off really biased. I like them both, a lot. You don't get to he a 5X All Pro being replaceable by Bradley McDougald.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Kinger95 wrote:The Seahawks v Texans game is on nfl tv right now. Earl got his doors blown off by will fuller on the 1st score of the game. Got caught flat footed and took too long to react and was 2 steps behind and never even got close to contesting the catch. Was actually kinda sad how helpless he looked but it was a good play and a fast receiver but still

Yes, and he got a pick six on Watson shortly after. Got beat and then came back and made a great play. That's what great players do.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Bump for the Dez cut and speculation ET3 could go to Dallas. Make it happen!!!
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Earl now being traded to Dallas seems like a sure bet, but it wont land a #1.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Kinger95 wrote:The Seahawks v Texans game is on nfl tv right now. Earl got his doors blown off by will fuller on the 1st score of the game. Got caught flat footed and took too long to react and was 2 steps behind and never even got close to contesting the catch. Was actually kinda sad how helpless he looked but it was a good play and a fast receiver but still

Yes, and he got a pick six on Watson shortly after. Got beat and then came back and made a great play. That's what great players do.

If I remember correctly didn't he get beat by something they hadn't seen on film, and he recognized it the second time for the pick?
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

• My favorite Hawk, will suck, but there are reasons on both sides that make a lot of sense. Keeping him or not.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Will be sad if he gets traded, one of my favorite Hawks and likely HOF bound. If his heart isn't in playing for Seattle anymore though, makes sense to get what they can. The Justin Reid interest makes sense, taller leaner measurable version of Earl but I don't know if we will ever see a player with the pre-snap knowledge and sideline to sideline range he had.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:My favorite Hawk, will suck, but there are reasons on both sides that make a lot of sense. Keeping him or not.

Gotta get something for him because he is gone after this season. If we were a contender this year I would want him to stay. All his pals are gone so I don't think his allegiance will be there.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• And if he won't play for less than 13 or 14 mil a year, the Hawks likely won't be able to pay that anyway.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• After cutting Dez, the Cowboys don't have the cap space to take on Earl's salary and have enough left for their draft picks, UDFAs and replacement players for those who are IR'd.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:After cutting Dez, the Cowboys don't have the cap space to take on Earl's salary and have enough left for their draft picks, UDFAs and replacement players for those who are IR'd.

Room can always be made if a team truly wants someone.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• onanygivensunday wrote:After cutting Dez, the Cowboys don't have the cap space to take on Earl's salary and have enough left for their draft picks, UDFAs and replacement players for those who are IR'd.
    Thats funny because thats the opposite of what clayton is reporting...

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

• Technically they have the space, but not once you count in the money they need to sign draftees. They'd need to get Earl extended to reduce his 2018 cap hit, but it's possible, but they'd likely have to make some other moves to lower their cap to have room to deal with injuries and such moving forward. They are definitely up against it when it comes to the cap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

Cowboys show $9,143,322.00 for top 51 after Dez and $1,954318.00 projected with the draft pool.

Earl Thomas is currently at $8.5 million.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• So now who holds all the cards. If Dallas really made this move to get Early they are either very close on the deal or Dallas is meeting Seattle's demand. That 1st and 3rd was floating around. I would be stoked to get a 1st anything else is just a bonus.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Always get a kick out of "let's trade this guy, who is incredible, so we don't have to pay them and gamble on an unproven pick" talk.
    Logic....forsaken.
    Elemas
    NET Bench Warmer

• Elemas wrote:Always get a kick out of "let's trade this guy, who is incredible, so we don't have to pay them and gamble on an unproven pick" talk.
    Logic....forsaken.

Always love the "hey lets keep the guy regardless of the cost" mantra even though he will likely walk next year with only a comp pick compensation.

Genius!
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• What cost? He's still signed. You're going to have to pay at some point. Unless, you're approaching this as a rebuild? If that's the case, I suppose it makes perfect sense. Oh...that and trading Russell Wilson as well because, "keeping the guy regardless of cost" is a bad idea.

Genius!
    Elemas
    NET Bench Warmer

• Elemas wrote:What cost? He's still signed. You're going to have to pay at some point. Unless, you're approaching this as a rebuild? If that's the case, I suppose it makes perfect sense. Oh...that and trading Russell Wilson as well because, "keeping the guy regardless of cost" is a bad idea.

Genius!

Why does it have to be labeled a rebuild, just because we trade Earl?

Can we just call it a smart business decision? Weird occurrences in the media, old in football years, considered retirement and came back for money, potential hold out, wants huge guaranteed $$$ and years past age 30. Despite all of that, he still has pretty solid trade value. Better to trade now than live with a contract you regret and likely declining play. The cost and ultimately risk to long term success could be very high in holding onto him and paying what he demands.

Sure, next year we might not be as good, but you have to move on (reasons stated help facilitate). The good teams do it before it’s too late. Grow new talent. Holding on to guys that made it to the top with another version of the team isn’t always the right call. 3rd contracts are generally dangerous.

Russ and QB in general is an entirely separate situation and convo. Bit of hyperbole there in your example.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Elemas wrote:What cost? He's still signed. You're going to have to pay at some point. Unless, you're approaching this as a rebuild? If that's the case, I suppose it makes perfect sense. Oh...that and trading Russell Wilson as well because, "keeping the guy regardless of cost" is a bad idea.

Genius!

Why does it have to be labeled a rebuild, just because we trade Earl?

Can we just call it a smart business decision? Weird occurrences in the media, old in football years, considered retirement and came back for money, potential hold out, wants huge guaranteed $$$ and years past age 30. Despite all of that, he still has pretty solid trade value. Better to trade now than live with a contract you regret and likely declining play. The cost and ultimately risk to long term success could be very high in holding onto him and paying what he demands.

Sure, next year we might not be as good, but you have to move on (reasons stated help facilitate). The good teams do it before it’s too late. Grow new talent. Holding on to guys that made it to the top with another version of the team isn’t always the right call. 3rd contracts are generally dangerous.

Russ and QB in general is an entirely separate situation and convo. Bit of hyperbole there in your example.

Earl Thomas is 28. I agree that he has solid trade value but, what player worth their weight doesn't? My point with the rebuild talk is simply that I've heard both players names thrown around as if next season is already lost. Far from a hyperbole...these things are being mentioned in these forums.

At some point...you will have to pay up. 2014's scenario isn't likely to repeat (budget wise).

Everyone has an opinion...personally, I'd like to keep ET. Dallas' latest move may have already paved the way though.
    Elemas
    NET Bench Warmer

• You guys are happy with a 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas? Dude is a first ballot HOF at age 28. SMH.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:You guys are happy with a 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas? Dude is a first ballot HOF at age 28. SMH.

My sentiments exactly. I'd rather him NOT walk next year.

But...the posts in this thread aren't without warrant. Loosing ET would hurt though...
    Elemas
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawknation2018 wrote:

Agreed, only, I would add the word NUCLEUS....ET has EXTREME value as a Lawyer Melloy (sp) type translator, he has the ability to coordinate & tie up all the loose ends in the Secondary.
    Getting the other players in the secondary positioned to cover for the other teams Offensive tendencies.
    Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman & Kam Chancellor HAD a three way mind meld when it came to field positioning.
    Sadly though, ET could force the Seahawks to either pay up, or trade his ass for the best OFFERS in the upcoming Draft..........It's busine$$
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information