Question about Avril.

poly1274

Reaction score
Why haven't they cut him yet? I thought cutting him would save up 5mill+?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
poly1274":2tp9zdd1 said:
I'm not really trolling, honestly. I mean no ill will. I'm basically just entertaining myself. I love this time of year and also the draft.

I don't think they have to cut him until June and until there is official word they likely won't. If they don't receive any info at all then he'll be out end of May.

Just best guess...

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
vin.couve12":lmh4d998 said:
poly1274":lmh4d998 said:
I'm not really trolling, honestly. I mean no ill will. I'm basically just entertaining myself. I love this time of year and also the draft.

I don't think they have to cut him until June and until there is official word they likely won't. If they don't receive any info at all then he'll be out end of May.

Just best guess...

But why would you cut him until June? Many teams would probably be out of money to sign him to a decent contract? I believe that he was one of the main guys that helped us to get a ring, so I believe he should had been cut earlier, so he could see what the market would be for him?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
poly1274":12ejxx55 said:
vin.couve12":12ejxx55 said:
poly1274":12ejxx55 said:

Just best guess...

But why would you cut him until June? Many teams would probably be out of money to sign him to a decent contract? I believe that he was one of the main guys that helped us to get a ring, so I believe he should had been cut earlier, so he could see what the market would be for him?
If he can play, which he is trying to do, we still need pass rushers and he could go back to being a pitch hitter/closer.

Reaction score
Injury guarantees. If you cut him while he's hurt, you owe him a bunch of extra money.

King Dog

Reaction score
Why would we cut him so he has time to look around to see what his market is? If he can play, he can go ahead and look around for his car keys and drive to the VMAC for training camp lol

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1zpc2gtj said:
Injury guarantees. If you cut him while he's hurt, you owe him a bunch of extra money.

What about Sherman's situation?

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
King Dog":2j47y23c said:
Why would we cut him so he has time to look around to see what his market is? If he can play, he can go ahead and look around for his car keys and drive to the VMAC for training camp lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but same as Sherman, Couldn't they have cut Sherman later on instead before free agency started?

hawxfreak

Reaction score
They could have cut him later , but they wanted to be nice and give him the opportunity to go out and make money before all the teams already signed their cornerbacks
He was injured in the year prior and somehow it allowed them to cut him before he could pass a physical
I really don't see how its diff from cliff but due to some technicalities it was so they could let him loose and I'm guessing he wasn't buying in so they were ok with doing so to save the cap hit
I'm pretty sure it's because shermans contract was up and avrils isn't

Latest posts