Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • That dude is huge and ugly. I like it. I am so praying for the Solari magic. A one dimensional line would be a vast improvement.
    Last edited by Atradees on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• So, now a bunch of people are suddenly experts on DJ Fluker. Got it........
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Just hope it's like a 1 year $2M deal.

Jeez he is huge. Maybe the plan is to have Russell jump on his back and ride him like the Master Blaster in Mad Max? Who runs coffee town?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• His arm length is absolutely ludicrous! 35 3/4 If my memory serves.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• IndyHawk wrote:Look at the picture hard guys...
    You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
    Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
    The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise

*Team signs a guy who was already 76th of out of 78 in pass blocking without having ever even blocked for Wilson

Fans: it's already Wilson's fault that this guy can't pass block! This is what he deserves!

Uh, the first step to helping said QB change some things would be to, you know, sign a lineman that actually profiles as a good pass blocker outside of our system.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, because what PFF says is clearly always on point :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Look at the picture hard guys...
    You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
    Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
    The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise

*Team signs a guy who was already 76th of out of 78 in pass blocking without having ever even blocked for Wilson

Fans: it's already Wilson's fault that this guy can't pass block! This is what he deserves!

Uh, the first step to helping said QB change some things would be to, you know, sign a lineman that actually profiles as a good pass blocker outside of our system.

Yeah like Andrew Norwell, the only problem is we have something called a salary cap.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:His arm length is absolutely ludicrous! 35 3/4 If my memory serves.

Ha. I just looked this up yesterday. Close. The combine had him at 36 3/4.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:
    original poster wrote:His arm length is absolutely ludicrous! 35 3/4 If my memory serves.

Ha. I just looked this up yesterday. Close. The combine had him at 36 3/4.

Thanks, thats the one!

Absolutely ridiculous. He looks photoshopped.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.

A healthy Fant is too good not to progress IMO.
    I do like the idea of having 1/2 starter level lineman in reserve in case of injury though.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.

A healthy Fant is too good not to progress IMO.
    I do like the idea of having 1/2 starter level lineman in reserve in case of injury though.

Yeah given all his development has gone into LT I'm not sure it would be worth getting him too many reps at RT.

I'd sooner him provide valuable backup insurance, although I'm sure he would disagree.

Maybe the team doesn't extend Brown and plans on running Fant there afterwards, who knows? Although that would go against what JS has said about Brown so probably unlikely.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• bbsplitter wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

That is a fair point. Unfortunately, there has not been a ton of great Seahawk news the last month or so and I tend to sometimes react too quickly at times. I use humor to combat negativity, not all may get it. Anyway, I've fought for protection of Russell 3+ years now and found 3 sources all saying good run block poor pass block and that set me off. Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow. I'm not making excuses, I'm simply stating that things are not always as they appear.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Jeez he is huge. Maybe the plan is to have Russell jump on his back and ride him like the Master Blaster in Mad Max? Who runs coffee town?[/quote]

Bwaaahahaha, now that is a funny!!

For real though we could possibly be looking at one of our better lines in recent history ( not that is saying much). I realize we probably do/have to trade out of 18, but if say a Conner Williams or Isaiah Wynn fall to us at 18 do we trade out or take a upper tier talent at position of need? I would feel ok if our line looked like this.

LT - Brown / Fant / Odhiambo
    LG - Roos / (Wynn) / Pocic
    C - Britt / Pocic
    RG - Fluker / Ifedi / Roos
    RT - Ifedi / (Williams) / Fant / Odhiambo
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• Seymour wrote:Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow. I'm not making excuses, I'm simply stating that things are not always as they appear.

Sorry for your loss Seymour. Many things a lot more important than silly football.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• DJ is a decent addition. his hands are also as big as my head
    sorry for your loss seymour
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Seymour wrote:
    That is a fair point. Unfortunately, there has not been a ton of great Seahawk news the last month or so and I tend to sometimes react too quickly at times. I use humor to combat negativity, not all may get it. Anyway, I've fought for protection of Russell 3+ years now and found 3 sources all saying good run block poor pass block and that set me off.

Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow.

[/quote]

God Bless and Godspeed to your brother. He made sacrifices for his country that most can never appreciate, but being from a Military family (Mom and Dad), I have the utmost respect for our Veterans.

As to FLuker, our main goal is to improve the running game, which will in turn improve the passing game. The last year or two, defenses were able to "pin their ears back" and go after the QB because we had no running game.

With his size, this Monster of a Man will make a difference in the running game if he just stands there and forces the defense to go around him. Defenses won't be able to see Russell or the RB, let alone who's got the ball.

DJ reminds me of that animated movie (Monster vs Aliens) where that giant flying insect was trying to save the Golden Gate Bridge. He probably makes the same kind of noise.

Fant is an athletic freak, and I hope they try him at LG (along with Pocic) to get him reps and help him prepare for the future at LT.

I think it's a toss up between Fluker and Ifedi, but people like Ray Roberts and other OLine coaches and sang Germaine's praises, and he played pretty well in college, so I'm thinking if Solari simplifies that game for him; and he forgets everything Cable taught him, he'll be just fine at RT.

My biggest problem with Cable was seeing linemen blow right past the first defensive linemen, and clumsily try to block the 2nd level, as Russell is getting blown up by they 1st guy that said Olineman ignored. It happened a LOT! What kind of blocking philosophy was that?

I don't think we need new linemen, as much as we need a new, basic, blocking philosophy that doesn't give the linemen multiple responsibilities and has them thinking instead of playing. Just let them play. And let them get the calls from ONE guy! Ugh...stupid..."Run Game Coordinator," THAT was the biggest mistake Pete Carroll has made imho. Our Win/Loss record would have been so much better without Cable.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Dude is a damn mountain. :3-1:

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Definitely a right guard.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Atradees wrote:That dude is huge and ugly. I like it. I am so praying for the Solari magic. A one dimensional line would be a vast improvement.

I laughed at your first two sentences for a good solid 45 seconds.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Hard to be down on this signing, outside of replacing brown or britt, it was hard for this line to go backwards at all so yay huge signing.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Sorry to hear about your brother Seymour.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

Amen!! Although it has been stated that Pocic has been bulking up, I would like to see what he has to offer @ C. If he can show he has what it takes to start, then trade Britt for a draft pick. It would be nice to land a true stud in the draft, there is some solid interior lineman in this draft, with our draft capital being so poor in the early rounds, and probably having to trade down, unlikely to happen (my pipe dream), I wish we could land Isaiah Wynn & Nick Chubb :drool: . Our run game would once again be a strength.

LT - Brown
    LG - Wynn
    C - Britt / Pocic
    RG - Fluker
    RT - Ifedi
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• Do we know yet what Fluker's contract looks like? I'm going to throw my computer through a window if it looks anything like Joeckel's did last year. What a joke that was.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:Do we know yet what Fluker's contract looks like? I'm going to throw my computer through a window if it looks anything like Joeckel's did last year. What a joke that was.

Not yet.

My best guess is $3-4M.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville wrote:Good informative interview and background from Paul Dottino, of WFAN who covers the New York Giants gives some insight on Mike Solari and DJ Fluker who are new to the Seahawks organization. >>> http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10028938&sid=1014&n=Bob%2C+Groz+and+Tom

Boy ...... watching Fluker is going to be fun.

Wow! That guy from NY makes Fluker sound like a road grader. Should be fun to watch him.

I think it might be fun to run right at Aaron Donald 20 plays a game against the Rams and watch him and Fluker go at it.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

• Hmm there is a resemblance I think.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother Seymour.

Thank you for the kind thoughts all. Another Hawk fan down cheering from above. RIP brother Craig.
    Attachments
    Flag-800.jpg
    Flag-800.jpg (59.46 KiB) Viewed 916 times
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Sorry to hear Seymour.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Was thinking of you last night, Seymour.

Hope your brother got a great sendoff. As I said in my PM, always here for a chat.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Seymour wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother Seymour.

Thank you for the kind thoughts all. Another Hawk fan down cheering from above. RIP brother Craig.

Hand Salute!

R.I.P.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Stay strong and hang in there Seymour. So sorry to hear about your brother. RIP.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• Great looking deal for us.

Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Thats a good looking deal. I thought it would be more.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• +1, surprised it's that low. Now hopefully he plays well and it makes up a little for the horrific Joekel signing last year :shock:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:+1, surprised it's that low. Now hopefully he plays well and it makes up a little for the horrific Joekel signing last year :shock:

Luke the "best guard in the league" Joeckel might have to sign for league minimum this season just so he remains in the league. So far he is a free agent and no suitors.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:+1, surprised it's that low. Now hopefully he plays well and it makes up a little for the horrific Joekel signing last year :shock:

Luke the "best guard in the league" Joeckel might have to sign for league minimum this season just so he remains in the league. So far he is a free agent and no suitors.

Yeah I've been wondering what was up with Joeckel. Sad that we signed him for so much and after he played for us no one has signed him yet. Oh well.

Fluker-wise, that seems like one heck of a bargain signing. Not much downside, if any.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I’m amazed he went for a deal like that.

With the offensive lineman problem this league has you’d struggle to convince me that another team wouldn’t have paid him more than this.

He must really want to be here (with Solari). Good for him, hope he works out.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Seems like the first good OL move, cap-wise, in a while.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Maybe Joeckel should make some strategic resume changes and list "McDonalds burger flipper" instead of "Seahawks OL" for the 2017 season. He might get more interest.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:I’m amazed he went for a deal like that.

With the offensive lineman problem this league has you’d struggle to convince me that another team wouldn’t have paid him more than this.

He must really want to be here (with Solari). Good for him, hope he works out.

I am liking that he choose to join the Seahawks just to reunite with old coach. He should be serviceable but with limited upside.

Problem with our OL is lacking of youngsters that displayed star potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Put his fat butt at left guard (I know he's not really fat but he is massive). If he is a road grader,,,great. I could give two craps about the right side of the line. I want a consistent LT, a fat LG that destroys people and a smart center. Do what you want with the rest.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Welp if he wins the starting job he'll have to block Donald/Suh for two games. Hope you're up for it Flukes!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Fluker looks so much more comfortable at RT than guard. He's able to make up a lot of ground on the outside with his footwork and 37'' arms. He's just not an explosive, north-south guy inside. In pass protection, he gets scrambled a lot when playing guard. Hope Solari and the team reverse course with Fluker at RT, Ifedi at RG. Plenty of time for that to happen.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• 12forlife wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

Amen!! Although it has been stated that Pocic has been bulking up, I would like to see what he has to offer @ C. If he can show he has what it takes to start, then trade Britt for a draft pick. It would be nice to land a true stud in the draft, there is some solid interior lineman in this draft, with our draft capital being so poor in the early rounds, and probably having to trade down, unlikely to happen (my pipe dream), I wish we could land Isaiah Wynn & Nick Chubb :drool: . Our run game would once again be a strength.

LT - Brown
    LG - Wynn
    C - Britt / Pocic
    RG - Fluker
    RT - Ifedi

Pocic said today he's put on 20 pounds. :shock: He was listed at 309, so 329?

The interview was with two Baton Rouge radio guys, they said he looked huge compared to the last time they saw him.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Ideal lineup pre-draft, IMO.

LT - Brown, Fant
    LG - Pocic, Roos
    C - Britt, Pocic
    RG - Ifedi, Roos
    RT - Fluker, Fant
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

LT - Brown
    LG - Wynn
    C - Britt / Pocic
    RG - Fluker
    RT - Ifedi

Pocic said today he's put on 20 pounds. :shock: He was listed at 309, so 329?

The interview was with two Baton Rouge radio guys, they said he looked huge compared to the last time they saw him.

Saw that. Pocic is definitely now back in play at LG. Fluker is penciled in at RG and this should be the biggest, strongest line we've had in quite some time. If they show conviction in the run game this year it should be fun to watch.

Edit: to clarify, I heard coach say that he's at 322 pounds.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information