Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • lukerguy wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

You said you were checking on his injury history...

You can get salty if you want, i was wondering if you had more info.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• TheHawkster wrote:We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
    I hope he can catch!

I said the exact same on Twitter a little while ago

13E0B916-0FCA-48D0-ACAC-CC760B3D5CF5.png
    13E0B916-0FCA-48D0-ACAC-CC760B3D5CF5.png (754.68 KiB) Viewed 889 times
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    TheHawkster wrote:We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
    I hope he can catch!

Great minds think alike. :2thumbs:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• PFF:
    "Fluker has been a significantly better tackle than guard so far in the NFL."
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

"Fluker played well at tackle, posting Pro Football Focus grades of 71.7 and 77 in 2013 and '14, respectively, while starting 31 of 32 regular season games, plus two playoff games. But he's struggled the last two years at guard, though, with PFF grades of 57.7 (2015) and 63.7 (2016)."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017 ... ld_an.html
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Let's take the edge off
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Or, we could just wait and see how he plays? :229031_shrug:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• See the thing about a signing like this is that Solari has worked with him and brought him in. So if Fluker doesn't work out there is no cover for our knew OL coach and he knows it. So this must be a better move than shows on paper. Either that or Pete's already told Solari that pass protection is of no importance to Seattle.
    Last edited by brimsalabim on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Willie Beavers was a 4 year starter at LT at WMU. I'd like to see him get a chance at LG this upcoming TC, given his frame. He's not a tackle, but is in the right mold for guard.

One of the things that bugged me about Cable was this idea of having skinny giraffes playing guard and these well built road grader types playing tackle.

I'm sorry, but a a 6'6 barely 300 pounder just isn't a guard. Strength and leverage problems right off the bat. It was stupid...beyond stupid.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Yeah buddy. 342 pounds. Oh, and I posted a link to a thread on the Giants forum and they wanted him back which is odd for a lineman we sign.
    Last edited by King Dog on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:Yeah buddy. 342 pounds

Good or bad?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Great
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• with his terrible feet, no way is he playing over a healthy fant / potentially-improved ifedi at RT. so until he proves otherwise, hes just another camp body. better than poicic at RG, but still a massive turnstyle in pass blocking. wonder how much donald is still savoring our interior line. rams, even 9ers licking their chops

just a "meh" move tbh
    seatownlowdown
    NET Rookie

• Here's that thread:
    http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-york ... out-fluker

For example...
    "-13-2018, 05:20 PM
    I love Fluker, came off to me last year as a guy that had something to prove. It was clear as day he should have been a starter since preseason. Pretty infuriating to see the coaching staff not see it for themselves, unless they had another agenda. As soon as he was inserted into the lineup due to injury, instant ground game improvement. The guy is a mauler in the run game.

That being said, from what I have heard the Giants don't feel he is a good fit in their new zone run blocking scheme. I hope that is inaccurate and we end up signing him."
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• "Fant has never done anything to secure a prognosis as an NFL starter. He's one of the most overhyped players in recent Seattle history."
    I have reservations with Carson as well. I'm worried he comes back from injury like Rawls.
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad

• original poster wrote:He played RG and RT for Solari last year with the Giants.

This is a pretty intriguing signing.

Very keen to see the contract given how awfully overpaid many have been.

Garrapolo says we signed OLD J Fluker
    I'd suppose signing YOUNG J Fluker is too much to ask ? :P
    Solari knows what he's looking for...Good Signing :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Just feels like another signing like last year...

..and the year before...

...and the year before that...
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• Scepticism is undoubtedly justified. However, it is something for the OLine rather than crickets
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I just hope this mother Fluker can play.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Seems like an exact replica of the Joeckel signing. I watched a couple of Giants games last year and Fluker's name was called a lot, which isn't a good thing. Russ must be thrilled.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• Giants fans are giving me beef about signing Fluker who they believe was not good. It doesn't bother me though as they do not know our FO's plan.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:Just feels like another signing like last year...

..and the year before...

...and the year before that...

It is the opposite now. Now they look for fat guys who can't run before they looked for fat guys who could run.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• NJlargent wrote:Giants fans are giving me beef about signing Fluker who they believe was not good. It doesn't bother me though as they do not know our FO's plan.

I'm not seeing the plan. He has the classic Cable profile of many guys who have previously struggled mightily in our system. Who knows, maybe it was all Cable's fault and these guys suddenly blossom into competent linemen, but after years of watching this offense I'm sick and tired of "road-grader" linemen who can't pas block to save their lives and end up not really being able to run block either.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran

• I think this is a good signing for the team at this point. Not much left in FA to pick from, and whatever the contract is will be more than likely cap friendly. Considering how much Pugh got from the Cards, this was the next best option.

Hope it works!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Good signing. What are the numbers?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Good signing. What are the numbers?

'Bout tree fiddy
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Haven't seen numbers but ill guess 2y 10m

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Can someone explain how Ifedi/Fluker are such great athletes but people frequently describe them as having "slow feet"? Is it because agility is separate from athleticism. Are they very strong/long but slow? Genuinely don't understand it.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Well an improved Run game by itself will help keep the gates of hell from being swung all the way open against Wilson. It's a start if he pans out, right now it's getting bodies in place again and seeing what we have.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sounds like a little bit of balance and a cohesiveness in the line. One year deal works for cohesiveness with a new offensive line. Coach is aware of needs apparently and is talking to the powers that be. If nothing else....he can teach basics and help with the chemistry that is needed in the new line the NEW coach is bringing with him. Maybe some of the chaos is gone. We shall see.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• PC/JS are simply going about this similar to how they did in 2010. Rough patch the holes we have before the draft, so we have as few glaring holes as possible going into the draft. With only having 1 pick in rds 1-3, and not much cap space to work with this year I feel they are doing all they can do to turn over as many rocks as possible, so all these guys can fight it out in camp to see who is standing when the dust settles. Could be a tough year, but with a lot more cap space potentially next season, and full slate of draft picks next season we should be headed back in the right direction. I like the idea of signing Fluker for the reason it will if nothing else push Ifedi, Poscic, Roos & Fant to become better, and that's a good thing. With that said I really wish we could get Conner Williams or Isaiah Wynn to help get us headed in the right direction.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• bbsplitter wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

Not sure that’s villifying. Just asking what changed his mind.

I know nothing of Fluker
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• bbsplitter wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

That's really what I was getting at. How much knowledge does it take to launch into the histrionics of negativity?
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Can someone explain how Ifedi/Fluker are such great athletes but people frequently describe them as having "slow feet"? Is it because agility is separate from athleticism. Are they very strong/long but slow? Genuinely don't understand it.

Both are long, but Fluker is even longer and uses his length well (which is the big difference). When playing tackle, Fluker has better technique in his footwork. He uses his long arms and an economy of movement to cut off pass rushing lanes. But I don't think anyone would mistake Fluker for a "great athlete."

Ifedi is more of a north-south player. He is way more explosive than Fluker. That is why some people compliment Ifedi's "athleticism," when they are really referring to his explosiveness in the run game (9'1'' broad jump). Another reason why many people, including the great Walter Jones, would like to see Ifedi at guard.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I don't like it but I don't dislike it either lord knows they need all the depth they can get there so fine I just hope he didn't cost much.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• This isn't quite how I expected the off-season to go. I was looking for more of a long term view where we net comp picks and use any cap room saved to extend our own key players.

That being said, it does make sense to let your new staff bring in guys that they have worked with before and are comfortable using. The FO is apparently trying to compete this year and not treating it like the reloading year that most of us have been planning for. I'm on the skeptical side but they can win me over if we're still in the division race come November.

My March 20th OL depth chart:
    LT - Duane Brown, George Fant, Rees Odhiambo
    LG - Jordan Roos vs. Ethan Pocic, Rees Odhiambo
    C - Justin Britt, Ethan Pocic
    RG - DJ Fluker vs. Rookie
    RT - Germain Ifedi vs. George Fant
    RT (Honorary) - Ed Dickson

12forlife wrote:PC/JS are simply going about this similar to how they did in 2010. Rough patch the holes we have before the draft, so we have as few glaring holes as possible going into the draft.

Agreed; this is a mandatory prerequisite to going BPA in the draft.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• He’s good, he sucks, whatever.

Several around here were pretty high on this player during the 2013 draft. Now after 4 seasons with some good, several injuries, and some bad, he sucks to some, can’t pass protect, is somewhat solid as a run blocker, but isn’t worthy. As said earlier, whatever, he’s here for the year, let’s wait, watch, and see what he can do. He’s certainly got a good college pedigree and is a physical specimen. Our present well experienced OLine coach likes him and I suspect he wants to play and show he was worth a 1st round pick. Just b/c many of the 2013 draft busted doesn’t mean they all will. We’ve seen what a healthy Dion Jordan could potentially bring to the table, maybe a healthy Fluker can do the same.

There will be little doubt this guy will be easily pushed around by DTs and could bring some genuine nasty when combined with Ifedi if the later sticks after facing competition from Fluker. I like the idea of these two on the right side shoving defensive players into the turf face first breaking open running lanes for a RB that can make yardage after initial contact.

Before we write this signing off as a stop gap mistake let’s wait and watch first. As far as an addition to the OLine pile I like it, or the idea behind it.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll take him over joeckel .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Fluker at least can run block.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Just hope it's like a 1 year $2M deal.

Last edited by massari on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Fluker at least can run block.

But he can't pass block worth crap and last time I looked Wilson's passing is the only strength this offense possesses.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• DomeHawk wrote:But he can't pass block worth crap and last time I looked Wilson's passing is the only strength this offense possesses.

Our passing offense was terrific in the second half of 2015. It may be counter intuitive but I would argue strongly that had much less to do with our OL pass blocking being better and much more to do with both our running game being better and Wilson moving fluidly outside of the pocket and connecting with Doug, Kearse, Jimmy and FredEx.

Remember at the time how bothered people here were about Britt's pass blocking at LG, Sweezy's pass blocking at RG, and Gilliam's pass blocking at RT? Wilson was getting the ball out right away and very accurately. If you remember our game against the Vikings, we had nearly 200 yards rushing with Wilson over 50 and a couple of rushing TDs.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• This may be a Robert Gallery type signing, on the field in the huddle assistant.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Look at the picture hard guys...
    You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
    Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
    The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Wenhawk wrote:Haven't seen numbers but ill guess 2y 10m

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    TheHawkster wrote:We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
    I hope he can catch!

Great minds think alike. :2thumbs:

Indeed :2thumbs:

hawknation2018 wrote:
    bbsplitter wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

That's really what I was getting at. How much knowledge does it take to launch into the histrionics of negativity?

A 4 second look at PFF grades apparently :P
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Welcome to the O Line Vending Machine!

Choose up to 2 from the following 3 options when choosing your O Line player:

1 - Good at Run Blocking

2 - Good at Pass Blocking

3 - Free Agent
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• uncle fester wrote:Welcome to the O Line Vending Machine!

Choose up to 2 from the following 3 options when choosing your O Line player:

1 - Good at Run Blocking

2 - Good at Pass Blocking

3 - Free Agent

Can 1 and 2 be selected at draft time? :vodka:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:PFF:
    "Fluker has been a significantly better tackle than guard so far in the NFL."
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

"Fluker played well at tackle, posting Pro Football Focus grades of 71.7 and 77 in 2013 and '14, respectively, while starting 31 of 32 regular season games, plus two playoff games. But he's struggled the last two years at guard, though, with PFF grades of 57.7 (2015) and 63.7 (2016)."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017 ... ld_an.html

And in typical Seahawk fashion,,,,,,,

Jville wrote:
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information