Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
He played RG and RT for Solari last year with the Giants.

This is a pretty intriguing signing.

Very keen to see the contract given how awfully overpaid many have been.

Jville

Reaction score
Welcomed addition. Versatility.

Reworking that 2013 draft one player at a time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I like it. He'll integrate quickly given his experience with Solari. Seems to grade out well in run blocking (which we desperately need help with). Better than our other alternatives at the moment for sure.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Awful at pass blocking but seem to remember him being strong in the run game.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think Fluker may be a good signing, but IIRC there was injury concern. I'll have to double check that though.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Excellent signing. I'm pretty pumped about this. Played with Mike Solari in NY. Graded well before injury.

Brown, Fluker, Britt, Ifedi, Fant.... Okay, now with decent coaching, this line will actually be average! WOOO.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
lukerguy":78nou6u8 said:
Excellent signing. I'm pretty pumped about this. Played with Mike Solari in NY. Graded well before injury.

Brown, Fluker, Britt, Ifedi, Fant.... Okay, now with decent coaching, this line will actually be average! WOOO.

Agreed! This Oline is finally taking shape. Now just gotta figure out a way to get someone - anyone - better than Ifedi in there starting and we'll have a LEGIT Oline. Good signing IMO!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3kcr80ji said:
I think Fluker may be a good signing, but IIRC there was injury concern. I'll have to double check that though.

He's had quite the laundry list of time on the injury report, including going on season ending IR in week 12 of last year.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/dj-fluker-player-injuries

Good talent, may fit in if he can stay healthy. At this point? I'll take any warm experienced body on the O-line.

We really don't have a choice, not enough picks and too many holes elsewhere to find an O-line starter this draft. So gotta patch the holes for another year or two.

Seymour

Reaction score
:roll: :roll:

Nope...Russell will get killed with this guy. What is Pete doing running with re-treads this year?? Christ on a crutch.

Here are some players who had better PFF pass block grades than Fluker in 2017: -Ethan Pocic -Bradley Sowell -Luke Joeckel -Jordan Roos -Oday Aboushi

lukerguy

Reaction score
FormerEvil":3ohtwgqb said:
lukerguy":3ohtwgqb said:

Agreed! This Oline is finally taking shape. Now just gotta figure out a way to get someone - anyone - better than Ifedi in there starting and we'll have a LEGIT Oline. Good signing IMO!

I think Ifedi might surprise you with some good coaching. Did you see how even Duane Brown regressed with poor coaching last year? That's all scheme and technique by Cable..

Ifedi is raw, competitive and physically elite.. but he's also kind of dumb (no offence to him).

Zone blocking schemes are mentally draining on certain players. A lot of these lineman like to have an assignment and just drive them into the ground.. that's what Ifedi will now be getting with most of Solari's scheme.. Ifedi is going to be the largest beneficiary of this new line coach.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38w8yqvl said:
Seymour":38w8yqvl said:

He's had quite the laundry list of time on the injury report, including going on season ending IR in week 12 of last year.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/dj-fluker-player-injuries

Good talent, may fit in if he can stay healthy. At this point? I'll take any warm experienced body on the O-line.

We really don't have a choice, not enough picks and too many holes elsewhere to find an O-line starter this draft. So gotta patch the holes for another year or two.

Well I'm all for patching holes, but how bout using cement instead of sand? :pukeface:

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
For those assuming he has signed to fill the hole at Left Guard - Fluker has only played on the right side of the line, both at Right Tackle and Right Guard.

Seahawks may believe he is better suited for the LG position, but would be a new spot for him on the line

lukerguy

Reaction score
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
lukerguy":325l0arv said:
FormerEvil":325l0arv said:
lukerguy":325l0arv said:

I think Ifedi might surprise you with some good coaching. Did you see how even Duane Brown regressed with poor coaching last year? That's all scheme and technique by Cable..

Ifedi is raw, competitive and physically elite.. but he's also kind of dumb (no offence to him).

Zone blocking schemes are mentally draining on certain players. A lot of these lineman like to have an assignment and just drive them into the ground.. that's what Ifedi will now be getting with most of Solari's scheme.. Ifedi is going to be the largest beneficiary of this new line coach.

Could not agree more.

2017 Ifedi and 2016 Britt will have a lot in common.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
lukerguy":3duesiyc said:
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.