Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle

12forlife

Reaction score
I like this a lot, not because I think that Carson & Davis are the next Ingram & Kamara by any stretch, but they are serviceable, and can do the job. I so wish we had the draft capital to do what I wish we could do, and draft Chubb, Michel, Johnson or Penny. but with that gapping hole of no picks in the 2nd & 3rd. Depending on what we do @ #18 & trading back, not sure what hole we attempt to fill first, is it DL, OL, RB or CB? If I had my choice I would like to see Nick Chubb as our RB of the future. I really am a fan of his complete game, and after his pro day, and listening to him talk & how he presents himself, imo isn't that far from Barkley. Only reason I believe people aren't blowing him up like Barkley is he had a stud running mate in Michel.

sutz

Reaction score
Showed some good things last season. Good sign. Some stability in the RB room is not a bad thing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cool to bring him back, but if this FO passes on a RB in the first two rounds of the draft this year because of Mike Davis...........

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":pxqh2rm6 said:
Cool to bring him back, but if this FO passes on a RB in the first two rounds of the draft this year because of Mike Davis...........

Pretty sure they go defense with their first two picks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm still planting my flag for Carson and Prosise playing the biggest roles unless they take another back early which they very well could.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12z5mbid said:
Would be shocked if they don't trade down at 18. They need to get a 2 and 3 back at some point.
That's what I'm thinking. From where we're drafting, a 2 and a 3 are probably worth more than a 1 anyway. Looks like they're up to their old tricks, fill in the gaps in FA, then trade back to stockpile picks on Day 2/3. I can live with it. The draft has never been that big a deal for me anyway. It's interesting, but it's not the most important day of the year or anything.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Not that exciting. We have a bunch of backups vying for the starting gig. Looks like the depth chart in Cleveland.
I was hoping to get a stud back there to keep our defense off the field controlling time of possession. Hopefully we only keep 3 of the 4 scrubs(procise, mckissic,carson,davis) and draft our Curt Warner in the 1st

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2682zh7o said:
This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.

If they wait until Round 5 to draft a RB this FO needs to go. Period.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hotchy":27wezf78 said:
Not that exciting. We have a bunch of backups vying for the starting gig. Looks like the depth chart in Cleveland.
I was hoping to get a stud back there to keep our defense off the field controlling time of possession. Hopefully we only keep 3 of the 4 scrubs(procise, mckissic,carson,davis) and draft our Curt Warner in the 1st

Carson isn't a scrub. And I'm pretty sure Davis is envisioned as a backup, since a team needs backup at that position.

Hotchy

Reaction score
You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's also a chance that our run blocking may improve. Carson/Davis and Prosise/McKissic are a pretty decent group if they stay healthy, and that huge IF is the main reason we still need to add more competition to the group rather than on field performance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hotchy":1ojg3s5i said:
You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats

Well, that's true. But Carson showed real potential as a complete RB at least, whereas McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are going to be role players. Also a really good pass blocker, so there's a strong chance Seattle sticks with him.

Davis, though, is a great compliment. Some good moves.