Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:59 am
  • www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 am
  • I like. Carson and Davis back there, w/a side of McKissic.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 am
  • Boss!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:32 am
  • I like this a lot, not because I think that Carson & Davis are the next Ingram & Kamara by any stretch, but they are serviceable, and can do the job. I so wish we had the draft capital to do what I wish we could do, and draft Chubb, Michel, Johnson or Penny. but with that gapping hole of no picks in the 2nd & 3rd. Depending on what we do @ #18 & trading back, not sure what hole we attempt to fill first, is it DL, OL, RB or CB? If I had my choice I would like to see Nick Chubb as our RB of the future. I really am a fan of his complete game, and after his pro day, and listening to him talk & how he presents himself, imo isn't that far from Barkley. Only reason I believe people aren't blowing him up like Barkley is he had a stud running mate in Michel.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:17 am
  • Showed some good things last season. Good sign. Some stability in the RB room is not a bad thing.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 am
  • Cool to bring him back, but if this FO passes on a RB in the first two rounds of the draft this year because of Mike Davis...........
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:32 am
  • If Derrius Guice is sitting there at 18, he would be well worth the pick.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:45 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Cool to bring him back, but if this FO passes on a RB in the first two rounds of the draft this year because of Mike Davis...........

Pretty sure they go defense with their first two picks.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 am
  • This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 am
  • I'm still planting my flag for Carson and Prosise playing the biggest roles unless they take another back early which they very well could.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:50 am
  • Would be shocked if they don't trade down at 18. They need to get a 2 and 3 back at some point.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:59 am
  • Time will tell, time will tell.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 am
  • Kallen Ballage from Arizona State in the 4th Round please.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Would be shocked if they don't trade down at 18. They need to get a 2 and 3 back at some point.

That's what I'm thinking. From where we're drafting, a 2 and a 3 are probably worth more than a 1 anyway. Looks like they're up to their old tricks, fill in the gaps in FA, then trade back to stockpile picks on Day 2/3. I can live with it. The draft has never been that big a deal for me anyway. It's interesting, but it's not the most important day of the year or anything.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am
  • Not that exciting. We have a bunch of backups vying for the starting gig. Looks like the depth chart in Cleveland.
    I was hoping to get a stud back there to keep our defense off the field controlling time of possession. Hopefully we only keep 3 of the 4 scrubs(procise, mckissic,carson,davis) and draft our Curt Warner in the 1st
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.

If they wait until Round 5 to draft a RB this FO needs to go. Period.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am
  • Hotchy wrote:Not that exciting. We have a bunch of backups vying for the starting gig. Looks like the depth chart in Cleveland.
    I was hoping to get a stud back there to keep our defense off the field controlling time of possession. Hopefully we only keep 3 of the 4 scrubs(procise, mckissic,carson,davis) and draft our Curt Warner in the 1st

Carson isn't a scrub. And I'm pretty sure Davis is envisioned as a backup, since a team needs backup at that position.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 am
  • You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 am
  • There's also a chance that our run blocking may improve. Carson/Davis and Prosise/McKissic are a pretty decent group if they stay healthy, and that huge IF is the main reason we still need to add more competition to the group rather than on field performance.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:31 am
  • Hotchy wrote:You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats

Well, that's true. But Carson showed real potential as a complete RB at least, whereas McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are going to be role players. Also a really good pass blocker, so there's a strong chance Seattle sticks with him.

Davis, though, is a great compliment. Some good moves.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:33 am
  • I like it. He showed signs of being hungry and ran hard last year. Good depth.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:35 am
  • My feeling is that Wilson doesn't need great WRs, he needs a great RB to keep defenses guessing, and honest. Not one team is gonna fear anyone lining up in the backfield with Russell. Kind of destroys the read option and playaction
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Hotchy wrote:You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats

Well, that's true. But Carson showed real potential as a complete RB at least, whereas McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are going to be role players. Also a really good pass blocker, so there's a strong chance Seattle sticks with him.

Davis, though, is a great compliment. Some good moves.

Any one of the four including Davis (good re-signing by the way) with a full back leading would make this team credible in my humble opinion. It would keep the team on the field longer and increase that dreaded T.O.P. thingy.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 am
  • No way in hell Carson is a scrub. Way too early to make a claim like that.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 am
  • I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am
  • He looks like a damn good runner. Stoked to see what he can do.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 am
  • Cool!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He looks like a damn good runner. Stoked to see what he can do.

....again. :D
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:12 am
  • True dat
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:28 am
  • Hotchy wrote:I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

Carson sure looked like he had the potential to be an above average to very good starting RB to me. Not sure why you're implying it would be a bad thing if he's our #1 RB? Because he's not a big name or a high draft pick? I don't get it.

There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 am
  • Mike Davis is the literal definition of a highlight running back. Makes flashy plays every now and then but doesn't give you consistent vision. There's a reason there wasn't a market for him. We have got to raise our standards...we can do much better than him and I hope we draft an RB
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Mike Davis is the literal definition of a highlight running back. Makes flashy plays every now and then but doesn't give you consistent vision. There's a reason there wasn't a market for him. We have got to raise our standards...we can do much better than him and I hope we draft an RB

There was a market for him, he met with several teams.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 am
  • Am curious about his contract.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Hotchy wrote:I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

Carson sure looked like he had the potential to be an above average to very good starting RB to me. Not sure why you're implying it would be a bad thing if he's our #1 RB? Because he's not a big name or a high draft pick? I don't get it.

The biggest concern is injury.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 am
  • Minimum will be $705,000 I believe.

I'd expect it to be in the $800,000 - $1,000,000 range personally.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No way in hell Carson is a scrub. Way too early to make a claim like that.

At the same point, they cannot realistically bank on Carson being great and Davis being adequate. We assumed Rawls was going to be the solution and he dropped off a cliff after his season ending injury. I hope Carson avoids a similar fate but his body of work is way too small to put everything on the Carson-wagon.

Mike Davis is a fine backup to have. He's a little Robert Turbin in that respect. But we need a lot more than Chris Carson and Mike Davis to get this running game going again.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:14 am
  • You guys see Davis as a backup to Carson? I thought he was best in the 3rd down role catching screens last year and think it's more Prosise/Davis/McKissic as pretty good competition for that receiving back role. One of the three should stay healthy, right?

I think the backup/competition to Carson is not on the roster yet.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.

I don't know how many teams have a "consistent homerun hitter" but they've probably got 3 Mike Camerons in there. Potential to go off one day and hit 4 homeruns but will probably give you +average to ++average games each and every sun/mon.
    FormerEvil
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:31 am
  • He's got 348 rushing yards, and one TD in three years in the NFL. He wasn't on the active roster for the first half of last season, and took that spot following injuries to the other RBs. He is a depth guy, nothing more. I running backs are going to flash and turn into significant contributors it would have happened by now. Can anybody think of a player that did as little as Davis has done his first three years, then all of a sudden started running for 500+ yards in a season?

On another note we now have Carson, McKissic, Prosise and Davis. I'm assuming they add another running back through the draft, though I doubt it's in the first three rounds. So with that in mind, which one of those current four (assuming all are healthy) are the least likely to make the team? I say it's Davis.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am
  • You forgot the two FBs Tre Madden & Jalston Fowler. Madden is regarded as being FB/HB tweener.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:07 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Hotchy wrote:I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.

This thinking is all we need to know for the time being regarding our current RB situation. If your brain attempts to think other things, reboot it and re-read this post.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 am
  • sutz wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Would be shocked if they don't trade down at 18. They need to get a 2 and 3 back at some point.

That's what I'm thinking. From where we're drafting, a 2 and a 3 are probably worth more than a 1 anyway. Looks like they're up to their old tricks, fill in the gaps in FA, then trade back to stockpile picks on Day 2/3. I can live with it. The draft has never been that big a deal for me anyway. It's interesting, but it's not the most important day of the year or anything.

I find the importance of the draft to be in inverse proportion to the previous performance and expected performance of the team you cheer for.

Draft day used to be huge for me, then Seattle got good, and I cared a whole lot less.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:53 am
  • There is going to be some talent in rounds 3-5 at RB this year

Royce Freeman
    John Kelly
    Kalen Ballage
    Rashaad Penny
    Bo Scarbrough
    Jarvion Franklin
    Chris Warren III
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 pm
  • Cook was the best rookie RB last season. Wasnt he taken in the 4th?
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Hotchy wrote:Cook was the best rookie RB last season. Wasnt he taken in the 4th?

Second :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:36 pm
  • There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.[/quote]

Yes you can get lucky and land a Potential star RB in later rounds, and I was with us rolling with Carson, but what did he last 6 games? What happens if he doesn't come back to form, like Rawls? Then your going to bank on Davis, Mckissic & the paper puppet Prosise? Prosise might aswell already put him on the IR! If we have a chance to draft a stud complete back like Nick Chubb I think you have to take him. If we move down from #18 i'ld even be ok with Johnson or Penny, but don't believe they make it past midway through the 3rd. Ballege in the 4th is ok, appears to go down to easy, Freeman doesn't show to be a between the tackle runner, Kelly more of a receiving back. We need a stud/complete RB to pair with a hopefully healthy Carson. Chubb, Michel, Johnson, Penny. are far and away my top 4. I know people will say what about Guice, imo I think he runs angree like Rawls, and we know where that lands ya in the NFL.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:55 pm
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:47 pm
  • Jville wrote:

:D
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Good third rb behind Carson and whoever is drafted or signed. I have given up on Procise who will be on ir before training camp. We need to draft a rb in the event Carson doesn't show the flash he had last year.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:52 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Good third rb behind Carson and whoever is drafted or signed. I have given up on Procise who will be on ir before training camp. We need to draft a rb in the event Carson doesn't show the flash he had last year.

For sure.

Relying on a RB that didn't carry a heavy load in college and lasted 4 games before getting injured terrifies me.

Seattle will go RB early, I'd bet my house on it being either the first or second pick.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Next

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information