Why I'm excited for the future.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Was reading through the thread about Neiko Thorpe and it made me realize why I'm excited about the future.

It's thoughts like players jumping into the starting role and taking off that are why I'm excited for the change. I love the team we had but also felt like it was always hanging on to former glory. Everyone looking back at what was, instead of what could still be. Started feeling like we were coming down, not going up (even though I was hoping we were still going up). Now that this team will be new and towards the "bottom" so to speak, I'm looking forward to see how far it can rise.

Looking forward to seeing what gems can rise out of the new starters we will be having going forward. Looking forward to what personalities emerge. Most of all i'm looking forward to seeing if this FO can replicate what they did in the past, but even if they can't I will always thank them for bringing a championship to Seattle

I'm just very optimistic. I know there are a lot here who aren't, but that's okay. Do you. Just not gonna go there myself.

p.s. The towards the bottom comment is really more about the unknown than assuming this team will be bottom dwellers from the start.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
When the stars got older and started getting hurt it did feel stale and hanging on
to past glory.The attitudes became more about me instead of we and that got old fast.
I'm excited too to see who rises and if they play as a team that is hungry.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'll buy in once the draft is done but I got a little more belly aching to do yet.

D

DomeHawk

Whatever my pessimism re the immediate future, it is just the natural evolution of an NFL team.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2dqyajc2 said:
Whatever my pessimism re the immediate future, it is just the natural evolution of an NFL team.
Damn Chamorro cowboys fan asked me what I thought of the Hawks next year and I said roughly the same thing. There's a balance you have to keep or the scale tips one way or the other and you lose options and thus chances. You have to correct it and it might cost in the short term. He just kind of nodded and walked away. Good dude, really.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2qiizbdz said:
The problem is, we didn't have a "bunch of stars" we had a "bunch of guys" with egos like stars, but weren't playing like stars anymore - so we underachieved constantly.

See. I don't think it was the players fault, but more on the coaches end. I blame them for our underachieving.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly? I think the Sun in our sky burst on that final play in XLIX. That team never, ever recovered emotionally, spiritually, and it couldn't be more obvious than what we have seen unfold in recent months. Giving credit to John and Pete, they are doing everything they possibly can to reboot and see if lightning can strike twice in the Pacific Northwest.

I meant it. I like our chances.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2rxh3ceq said:
Aros":2rxh3ceq said:
That team never, ever recovered

You act like they've been missing the playoffs for three years rather than one.

I'm talking spiritually, emotionally as a whole. Not whether they were able to get back to the playoffs or not.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":2uycebwf said:
Honestly? I think the Sun in our sky burst on that final play in XLIX. That team never, ever recovered emotionally, spiritually, and it couldn't be more obvious than what we have seen unfold in recent months. Giving credit to John and Pete, they are doing everything they possibly can to reboot and see if lightning can strike twice in the Pacific Northwest.

I agree with you 100%. If there were any lingering doubt about the impact of that final play of SB XLIX, I'd say Luke Willson's recent interview pretty much confirmed everything we'd concluded and have been saying for years. That team never did recover. It really and truly was a broken team from that point on. I'm very much in favor of what Schneider has done this offseason. If anything, I'd say this reboot should really have begun a couple of years ago. It's become crystal clear this is what was necessary.

I like our chances as well. I don't know that we're necessarily as far away as many might think. I'll have a better handle on things after the draft and minicamp, but I would not be shocked whatsoever to see this team back in the playoffs again this year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":119w9jja said:
Aros":119w9jja said:

I agree with you 100%. If there were any lingering doubt about the impact of that final play of SB XLIX, I'd say Luke Willson's recent interview pretty much confirmed everything we'd concluded and have been saying for years. That team never did recover. It really and truly was a broken team from that point on. I'm very much in favor of what Schneider has done this offseason. If anything, I'd say this reboot should really have begun a couple of years ago. It's become crystal clear this is what was necessary.

I like our chances as well. I don't know that we're necessarily as far away as many might think. I'll have a better handle on things after the draft and minicamp, but I would not be shocked whatsoever to see this team back in the playoffs again this year.
While I totally agree with your post, I have to laugh at Willson. Man, he sure picked a winning franchise to play for. :irishdrinkers: :sarcasm_on:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkscanner":g2r2l0ar said:
Aros":g2r2l0ar said:

I definitely agree they are about two years too late for the reboot but better late than never. I just hope both JS and PC are around in five or so years to see this reboot to the very end of its shelf life like they've been for the first.

With fresh, hungry and young blood happily and eagerly absorbing Pete's message and culture I really do think this team will be back in the mix and in the playoffs sooner than some think. Could very well be as soon as this season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":15liwrk7 said:
Hawkscanner":15liwrk7 said:
Aros":15liwrk7 said:

I definitely agree they are about two years too late for the reboot but better late than never. I just hope both JS and PC are around in five or so years to see this reboot to the very end of its shelf life like they've been for the first.

With fresh, hungry and young blood happily and eagerly absorbing Pete's message and culture I really do think this team will be back in the mix and in the playoffs sooner than some think. Could very well be as soon as this season.

It is unfortunate, but we could not reboot a couple of years ago. We still had a winning season and still made the playoffs. The bad taste lingers until it takes over and then makes a person cleanse the soul. We cleaned most out...now lets see if they clean the rest.

original poster

Reaction score
Barring an injury to Russ I am certain this team will make the playoffs next season, absolutely certain of it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
original poster":27v6f6uo said:
Barring an injury to Russ I am certain this team will make the playoffs next season, absolutely certain of it.

While I can't say I am certain of it, I do think it's a likely probability that the Seahawks make the playoffs baring any major injuries. The culture is ingrained. We are Patriots West. Wait, what? :shock:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm excited because I choose to be. Not sure if they'll make the playoffs or not in 2018, but they certainly are capable of it as long as the most underappreciated QB around is under center. The team needed massive changes, we got exactly that. Bring on 2018.

toffee

Reaction score
original poster":x5dp0ib8 said:

This!!

I expect guys to be hungrier, more on edge, more to gain/lose, less complaining, less entitled ..... all that should translate into more coachable. We also have cornerstone in place on the offense - Russ, defense - Wagner. We need players that look to the future, not players that live in the past, and we are heading in that direction.

What we need to do is trade Earl .... source of our future draft picks, Kam/Avril/Earl ..... source of our future cap space.

Latest posts