Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

IF THIS YEAR'S TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
IF THIS YEAR'S TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 pm
  • Pete should be Coach of the Year finally!
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Why though?
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• DomeHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Why though?
    I think it would take a 12 win season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: IF THIS YEAR'S TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:02 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Pete should be Coach of the Year finally!

Absolutely!!!!
    Think the odds are still very long, but I’ll still put a futures bet on them when I’m down in Vegas in a May.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:00 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Why though?

South Alaska.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:43 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Why though?

South Alaska.

Bam.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• If? I think you mean "when?"

:mrgreen:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Aros wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:

Why though?

South Alaska.

Bam.

Seriously! Having lived on the east coast, most sports fans see west coast teams as "JV"
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• This team will at least win the Super Bowl.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Of course we are going to the playoffs. The offense will be better. That's what we really needed.
    We will have a 900 yard rusher and Fluker will be healthy all year. Power run blocking and RW's chip renewed. Jaron and Ed Dickson....are you kidding me? Breakout performances.

Bobby and Wags and crew......

All this hand wringing! On paper lots of improved teams that havent won jack.

More people back on the bandwagon when the offense grows through the season.

Keyword....blocking.......explosive........getting turnovers......completing drives. Kicker blah blah
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Atradees wrote:Of course we are going to the playoffs. The offense will be better. That's what we really needed.
    We will have a 900 yard rusher and Fluker will be healthy all year. Power run blocking and RW's chip renewed. Jaron and Ed Dickson....are you kidding me? Breakout performances.

Keyword....blocking.......explosive........getting turnovers......completing drives. Kicker blah blah

You left out the other two key words - cabevell gone! :irishdrinkers: People who choose to completely ignore the positive effect this will have for the O are either blind or self-delusional. EVERYTHING good the offense did was in spite them, not because of them.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 am
  • I am not sure that expecting the team to make the playoffs after this much transition is a reasonable goal.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:43 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:I am not sure that expecting the team to make the playoffs after this much transition is a reasonable goal.

we see it every year though

Eagles went 7-9 the year before last

Fans can "expect" to be in playoff contention if you were close the year before.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am
  • Atradees wrote:Of course we are going to the playoffs. The offense will be better. That's what we really needed.

I agree with all of this, especially the part about Bobby and Wags!!
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:07 am
  • We lost our secondary, essentially.

Our entire tactic of keeping the game close for 3 quarters so Russ can win it in the 4th is out the window.

Our defense can no longer shut the door (or try) for 3 quarters while the offense figures it out. We have less of a pass rush now as some key people in our DL that get pressures are gone. We lost our lockdown CB on one side and we might lose our FS that plays centerfield for us.

In addition, the offense lost a ton of TDs. We really have Baldwin and who the hell cares as our WR corps. And all these guys have adjust to a new offense being brought in.

So the offense is going to have to score more to make up for the increased scoring our defense gives up. That would be a tall order for even a very good offense. But our offense has issues up and down the line, little to no RB and one of the weakest WR groups I have seen in a while. We have Baldwin and Lockett, and Lockett has never been himself since the injury.

We lost Willson AND Graham, and replaced our TE with some average guy from Carolina.

Maybe a year of hard work can reorg this offense into something at least productive but with a new OC and a roster that scares nobody? That is a tall tall order.

A few decent drafts can potentially rearm this offense but right now it isn't formidable at all and combining that with a weakened defense seems like a big obstacle to overcome in a Year 1 revamping of this magnitude.

It won't be a garbage team at all but I think playoffs is almost beyond optimistic at this point. Maybe a wildcard game, but I don't really even think that should be an expectation considering the massive losses/changes and issues this team faces.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am
  • Yeah...I realistically think it comes down to how long it will take to fix the run game. Pluses are the coaching changes, but it looked soooo bad I just don't know if it can be fixed in one off season. I can see the defense as being serviceable at the beginning of the season and getting better as the year progresses. But that o-line and run game...BIG ?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:

Why though?

Scot M. JS didn’t deserve GM of the year
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• Coach of the Year is typically given to the coach of the team with the largest turn around from the previous season. If you take a 4-12 team to the playoffs the following year then you have a good shot at it. We were 9-7 last year so I don't think there's enough room to "improve" for Pete.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Oh look, doom and gloom up in here.
    "We lost our whole secondary essentially"
    "We lost our Dline"
    "We lost Paul and Jimmy, now we got who the hell cares as WR's"

Probably the same folks who claim Jimmy is too soft, Paul is too brittle, Sheldon wasn't worth the payday and Sherm and Bennett are too much of distractions and that we're better off without all of em.
    Literally bitching about them on the way out and then complaining about their absence in the next thread :177692:

All those players will be replaced by players hungry to prove their worth in the future, just like the guy's who've departed once were.
    I hope the players read this stuff here and say "man...imma shut these clowns up this year"
    Lose a few guys and essentially calling the next men up garbage in the process.
    Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ? Because fans are fickle, entitled and do this dumb shit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, living life with a glass half empty must be depressing.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• AgentDib wrote:Coach of the Year is typically given to the coach of the team with the largest turn around from the previous season. If you take a 4-12 team to the playoffs the following year then you have a good shot at it. We were 9-7 last year so I don't think there's enough room to "improve" for Pete.

That is not the only criteria, dramatic roster turnover could also be just as relevant.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am
  • The Breh wrote:Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ? Because fans are fickle, entitled and do this dumb shit.

Lol. Fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Players dont stay 'loyal' because of money.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 am
  • Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ?

Because at some point they are done being happy to just be in the league and figure out it's a business and that their job is one that has a high turnover, subject to injury and they can't play for ever. Getting paid while they can still play becomes more important then loyalty to a team or it's fans. If they can have both great, that rarely happens these days though.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    The Breh wrote:Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ? Because fans are fickle, entitled and do this dumb shit.

Lol. Fans have absolutely nothing to do with it. Players dont stay 'loyal' because of money.

Of course, rightfully so.
    I'm sayin fans expect them to stay loyal despite all the bullshit they keep loaded in their clip to shoot off the second they go to another team. Players aren't too stupid to turn down $ to appease "fans".
    I explained all of that throughout the whole of that post.
    You're agreeing with what I said basically :2thumbs:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Wonder why players don't stay "loyal" ?

Because at some point they are done being happy to just be in the league and figure out it's a business and that their job is one that has a high turnover, subject to injury and they can't play for ever. Getting paid while they can still play becomes more important then loyalty to a team or it's fans. If they can have both great, that rarely happens these days though.

I'm on the players side as far as all of it, I agree with everything you said.
    I'm shittin on silly/salty fans throughout the whole thing that are completely unaware how dumb it all looks and sounds.
    I'm just venting in here to no one in particular.
    Unless they're burning jerseys and calling them traitors, that is :stirthepot:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:25 am
  • We will revisit this thread at the end of the year when they miss the wildcard or get buried in the wildcard game.

I hope I am wrong. But I am not going to be.

Have fun being an optimist.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:26 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We will revisit this thread at the end of the year when they miss the wildcard or get buried in the wildcard game.

I hope I am wrong. But I am not going to be.

Have fun being an optimist.

Confidence is that feeling you get before you understand the situation. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:39 am
  • Maybe

I was only right about

Harvin
    Tate
    Losing Lynch
    Trading Unger/Getting Graham
    Losing Browner
    Drafting Malik
    Needing to get rid of our OC
    Getting rid of Scott M

But this time I might be wrong - let's hope you are correct.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:16 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We lost our secondary, essentially.

Our entire tactic of keeping the game close for 3 quarters so Russ can win it in the 4th is out the window.

Our defense can no longer shut the door (or try) for 3 quarters while the offense figures it out. We have less of a pass rush now as some key people in our DL that get pressures are gone. We lost our lockdown CB on one side and we might lose our FS that plays centerfield for us.

In addition, the offense lost a ton of TDs. We really have Baldwin and who the hell cares as our WR corps. And all these guys have adjust to a new offense being brought in.

So the offense is going to have to score more to make up for the increased scoring our defense gives up. That would be a tall order for even a very good offense. But our offense has issues up and down the line, little to no RB and one of the weakest WR groups I have seen in a while. We have Baldwin and Lockett, and Lockett has never been himself since the injury.

We lost Willson AND Graham, and replaced our TE with some average guy from Carolina.

Maybe a year of hard work can reorg this offense into something at least productive but with a new OC and a roster that scares nobody? That is a tall tall order.

A few decent drafts can potentially rearm this offense but right now it isn't formidable at all and combining that with a weakened defense seems like a big obstacle to overcome in a Year 1 revamping of this magnitude.

It won't be a garbage team at all but I think playoffs is almost beyond optimistic at this point. Maybe a wildcard game, but I don't really even think that should be an expectation considering the massive losses/changes and issues this team faces.

Nailed it right here. We'll see what happens but you have to look at HOW this team wins games. Then you have to look at what has happened to the defense and you have to see that our game plan will no longer work. Maybe they will find a new way to win but since Pete is still calling the shots, I doubt it. Now look at what other teams are doing and I really doubt that the 'Hawks even sniff the playoffs this year. My prediction is 6-10. Not gloom and doom, just my perception of the facts. Sure, Schotty could come in here and revamp the O and we might score 30 pts a game. But do you really think that is going to happen?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• First thing I thought of when I read this thread title...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Yep, he turned a crap sammich in to back to back SuperbOwl's and still didn't win it.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:33 am
  • If we go 16-0, he's winning CoTY. It usually goes to the coach of the most improved team, hence McVay. I still think Pederson deserved it more because the Rams didn't have many injuries and the Eagles lost Peters, Hicks, and Wentz and were without Darby for quite a while and still got the #1 seed. Regardless of playoff performance, Doug should've won IMO.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:53 am
  • Aros wrote:Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Both John and Pete probably should have won COTY and GM of the Year their in 2012, but after that our roster was stacked and the expectations were high, so not a good combo of winning these type of awards.

Usually they go to year one successful rebuild coaches and GM's.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 pm
  • Hawk vtg 2018 should be a much hungrier team, although with many holes in roster. I would be super happy to see the team in playoff, which means either Rams or 9ers, or both of those teams won't make it.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I hate to be a pessimist but I think realistically the thread should read "as if we have even a prayer in hell of the playoffs for the next two years or more".
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

• I feel like that Jim Mora clip from years ago should be posted in here.."Playoffs"???
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Nobody knows nothing.

Just wait to see how it shakes out.

After all, if someone had seen the future last year, and said "the Eagles will lose Carson Wentz to a knee injury, and have to rely on Nick Foles to get through the end of the season and the playoffs" ... you'd be skeptical. How many people on this forum thought the Eagles were "one and done" this last playoffs? Everyone here was talking about how it was set up for a 5 or 6 seed to win it all in the NFC....

Then you tell them the Eagles went to the Superbowl with a backup QB and played CRAP defense and gave up 500 yards passing to Tom Brady."

You would have written that off as a blowout victory by the Pats....

Now everyone is predicting the Seahawks to suck this year, the 49ers to be good, and the Rams to be a super team...

When is the majority ever right?
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information