IF THIS YEAR'S TEAM MAKES THE PLAYOFFS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Aros":26nbd7mq said:
Good luck with that. He could go 16-0 this season and the NFL would still find a way to select someone else. The fact that JS hasn't been named GM of the Year in ANY of the years since he's been here in Seattle tells you all you need to know.

Why though?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":12j8ej9f said:
Aros":12j8ej9f said:

Why though?
I think it would take a 12 win season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":4abbmtix said:
Pete should be Coach of the Year finally!
Absolutely!!!!
Think the odds are still very long, but I’ll still put a futures bet on them when I’m down in Vegas in a May.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1ba9qytg said:
Aros":1ba9qytg said:

Why though?

South Alaska.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":3gnoyu4u said:
DomeHawk":3gnoyu4u said:
Aros":3gnoyu4u said:

Why though?

South Alaska.

Bam.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Aros":34kgv5wj said:
chris98251":34kgv5wj said:
DomeHawk":34kgv5wj said:
Aros":34kgv5wj said:

Why though?

South Alaska.

Bam.

Seriously! Having lived on the east coast, most sports fans see west coast teams as "JV"

Atradees

Reaction score
Of course we are going to the playoffs. The offense will be better. That's what we really needed.
We will have a 900 yard rusher and Fluker will be healthy all year. Power run blocking and RW's chip renewed. Jaron and Ed Dickson....are you kidding me? Breakout performances.

Bobby and Wags and crew......

All this hand wringing! On paper lots of improved teams that havent won jack.

More people back on the bandwagon when the offense grows through the season.

Keyword....blocking.......explosive........getting turnovers......completing drives. Kicker blah blah

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Atradees":2pswrkrp said:
Of course we are going to the playoffs. The offense will be better. That's what we really needed.
We will have a 900 yard rusher and Fluker will be healthy all year. Power run blocking and RW's chip renewed. Jaron and Ed Dickson....are you kidding me? Breakout performances.

Keyword....blocking.......explosive........getting turnovers......completing drives. Kicker blah blah

You left out the other two key words - cabevell gone! :irishdrinkers: People who choose to completely ignore the positive effect this will have for the O are either blind or self-delusional. EVERYTHING good the offense did was in spite them, not because of them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not sure that expecting the team to make the playoffs after this much transition is a reasonable goal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gs8119h said:
I am not sure that expecting the team to make the playoffs after this much transition is a reasonable goal.

we see it every year though

Eagles went 7-9 the year before last

Fans can "expect" to be in playoff contention if you were close the year before.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Atradees":3s114735 said:

I agree with all of this, especially the part about Bobby and Wags!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We lost our secondary, essentially.

Our entire tactic of keeping the game close for 3 quarters so Russ can win it in the 4th is out the window.

Our defense can no longer shut the door (or try) for 3 quarters while the offense figures it out. We have less of a pass rush now as some key people in our DL that get pressures are gone. We lost our lockdown CB on one side and we might lose our FS that plays centerfield for us.

In addition, the offense lost a ton of TDs. We really have Baldwin and who the hell cares as our WR corps. And all these guys have adjust to a new offense being brought in.

So the offense is going to have to score more to make up for the increased scoring our defense gives up. That would be a tall order for even a very good offense. But our offense has issues up and down the line, little to no RB and one of the weakest WR groups I have seen in a while. We have Baldwin and Lockett, and Lockett has never been himself since the injury.

We lost Willson AND Graham, and replaced our TE with some average guy from Carolina.

Maybe a year of hard work can reorg this offense into something at least productive but with a new OC and a roster that scares nobody? That is a tall tall order.

A few decent drafts can potentially rearm this offense but right now it isn't formidable at all and combining that with a weakened defense seems like a big obstacle to overcome in a Year 1 revamping of this magnitude.

It won't be a garbage team at all but I think playoffs is almost beyond optimistic at this point. Maybe a wildcard game, but I don't really even think that should be an expectation considering the massive losses/changes and issues this team faces.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Yeah...I realistically think it comes down to how long it will take to fix the run game. Pluses are the coaching changes, but it looked soooo bad I just don't know if it can be fixed in one off season. I can see the defense as being serviceable at the beginning of the season and getting better as the year progresses. But that o-line and run game...BIG ?

NJlargent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":vf7e3ocw said:
Aros":vf7e3ocw said:

Why though?

Scot M. JS didn’t deserve GM of the year

AgentDib

Reaction score
Coach of the Year is typically given to the coach of the team with the largest turn around from the previous season. If you take a 4-12 team to the playoffs the following year then you have a good shot at it. We were 9-7 last year so I don't think there's enough room to "improve" for Pete.