WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Yes, according to Jamey Eisenburg.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jameyeisenberg/status/978600855602638850[/tweet]

*Edited for typo

sutz

Reaction score
:laugh:

Does anybody really think that the first handoff in training camp will decide the starter for the season?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Does anybody feel comfortable with Chris Carson and Mike Davis being our 2 main running backs? Yuk.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
#1 Its telling you what they think of our RBs
#2 We are drafting one or two RBs and so neither Davis or Carson will be our starter.

original poster

Reaction score
I personally don’t buy into the Chris Carson hype.

He never showed anything in college, hence his draft position in the 7th round. In the 4 games that he played in for the Seahawks last season, he totally 208 yards and a 4.2 yard average over those 4 which is fine. But can he sustain that over 16 games? I'm not entirely convinced. His best game on an ‘average yards per carry’ basis was week 1 against the Packers where he averaged 6.5 yards but only had 6 carries. He was coming in with fresh legs and didn’t prove any sustained workload.

The one game where he did sustain a good workload as well as producing decent yards is week 2 vs the 49ers where he carried the ball 20 times for 93 yards (4.7 average). If he could keep that up, I’d totally buy in. But were talking about 1 game (against a team that finished 22nd in run defense). That isn’t selling it to me at all.

I’m not saying Chris Carson isn’t going to amount to anything for Seattle, he very possibly could. But when looking at actual evidence, I struggle to be ‘all in’ on him. Remember when Thomas Rawls looked fantastic in his rookie year? Now look where he is. Currently on the street still searching for a team. He will very likely remain unsigned until June where he wouldn’t count towards another teams comp pick formulas.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'll say this, he was the only RB that looked remotely competent running behind that terrible line last year.

samwize77

Reaction score
original poster":2bsdvvwx said:

He never showed anything in college, hence his draft position in the 7th round. In the 4 games that he played in for the Seahawks last season, he totally 208 yards and a 4.2 yard average over those 4 which is fine. But can he sustain that over 16 games? I'm not entirely convinced. His best game on an ‘average yards per carry’ basis was week 1 against the Packers where he averaged 6.5 yards but only had 6 carries. He was coming in with fresh legs and didn’t prove any sustained workload.

The one game where he did sustain a good workload as well as producing decent yards is week 2 vs the 49ers where he carried the ball 20 times for 93 yards (4.7 average). If he could keep that up, I’d totally buy in. But were talking about 1 game (against a team that finished 22nd in run defense). That isn’t selling it to me at all.

I’m not saying Chris Carson isn’t going to amount to anything for Seattle, he very possibly could. But when looking at actual evidence, I struggle to be ‘all in’ on him. Remember when Thomas Rawls looked fantastic in his rookie year? Now look where he is. Currently on the street still searching for a team. He will very likely remain unsigned until June where he wouldn’t count towards another teams comp pick formulas.
I completely agree with this. I actually felt the same about Rawls. I was excited when TR was doing well, but I never totally bought into him. It was just a feeling......and I get that same with feeling with CC. To be honest...I am more excited about Mckissic (spelling?) than anyone I have seen since Lynch. My feeling have nothing to do with stats....its more of the eye-ball thing. When Mckissic gets that ball in his hands, he just looks exciting.......lol

sutz

Reaction score
samwize77":3h7on2se said:
original poster":3h7on2se said:

I completely agree with this. I actually felt the same about Rawls. I was excited when TR was doing well, but I never totally bought into him. It was just a feeling......and I get that same with feeling with CC. To be honest...I am more excited about Mckissic (spelling?) than anyone I have seen since Lynch. My feeling have nothing to do with stats....its more of the eye-ball thing. When Mckissic gets that ball in his hands, he just looks exciting.......lol
Can't argue with the logic, but McKissic doesn't really look like an every down back. Great change of pace/3rd down guy, but not sure he's a pounder, which is kind of what we need to rejuvenate the run game.

original poster

Reaction score
I can actually see McKissic being used a whole lot more next season.

Schotty loves to use RB's in the passing game. Obviously Prosise will be #1 in that role, but for how long is yet to be determined.

12forlife

Reaction score
I wouldn't sale Carson short. I think he is a good combo back. That said Carson, Davis & Mckissic I don't believe are bell cow RB's. This Draft has some really good backs, it will be interesting see who PC/JS see as "Their Guy". If they go early I really like Chubb, Johnson & Penny. I believe they will use Carson as more the battering ram type to help soften up the Dline, so as the game goes on our new stud RB can hopefully help us grind out some wins.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Davis might get first crack at reps, but no way he starts over Carson. And no, this isn't a Rawls situation. Rawls is/was no where near as talented.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It really is a shame about Procise. They absolutely nailed the talent evaluation on the guy, he looks electric every rare occasion that he plays.

OP
OP
WindCityHawk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm excited about McKissic too, but he's not a power runner. I wonder if that's why Davis is getting the nod here. At times he looked like a fullback last year.

Regardless, it's telling what they think of the two of them. For now, it's Davis's job to lose. Didn't expect that.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Carson is already at 100 percent. Again, Rawls is not Carson. Not nearly as talented and never had the same work ethic as Carson.

Also, while I like McKissic, he's not a full fledged RB as he is not effective between the tackles. It can be an issue with smaller RBs and you just kind of have to wait and see and I already saw. McKissic is sort of a gimmick player who also has pass blocking issues. His use case is somewhat limited even though he's made a few really nice plays.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to remember Darren Sproles as a Charger, they loved him as a receiver, Carson, McKissic and Prosise all catch the ball really well, Davis isn't bad. We are going to see a multi dimensional usage, Davis has to prove he is a receiver that can catch as well as the others. McKissic and Prosise may be a more Reggie Bush role like he was used initially in New Oreleans.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We need to draft a rb in the high round plain and simple...as in round 1 since we wasted our 2nd and 3rd rd picks already.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Dang, I have Carson in my dynasty league! Davis too, but I need to make room for rookies and such. Tough choices!

In all seriousness though, I think Davis earned it. He ran hard and his skillset really showed last year. He's fast, quick, and will lower his shoulders. And his hands are super soft catching in the flats. I like Davis, but I still really want to see what Carson can do with a big workload.

I'm sorry, but McKissic doesn't do anything for me, but I'd still take him over Prosise. Plus, I think they'll draft at least one RB, and I hope it's one with workhorse potential, like Guice, Penny, Ballage, Josh Adams, or Scarborough (he might be my favorite, due to draft value).

I'd be thrilled with Davis, Carson, and a potential rookie competing for a workhorse role. Honestly, I think Davis could even handle the 3rd down back role.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I really like Davis..He ran tough and uses the stiff arm..
Carson is good too but in a different way...
Prosise?Is he healthy yet> :34853_doh: