Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Schneider says 'Trust the process'

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 am
  • “It’s a constant reset every single year, it doesn’t stop,” Schneider said. “When I say ‘reset’ people are like, ‘Well it’s a rebuild.’ We’re not rebuilding; it’s just a reset. We’ve got some pretty good players on this football team. And there’s a lot of young players that people don’t necessarily – they haven’t heard their names yet. I remember going through this when we traded Josh Wilson, and Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant were here. And nobody knew who Byron Maxwell, and Richard Sherman, and Walter Thurmond were…

    “I’m telling you man, there’s a lot of good young football players that people don’t know about. Tedric Thompson was one of our best special teams players this last year. He didn’t get to play much at strong safety. Kam [Chancellor] was one of our best special teams players the first year he played. He didn’t get to play strong safety because Lawyer [Milloy] was here. Trust the process, man.”

    http://sports.mynorthwest.com/432025/jo ... e-process/


    Similar NFL Network interview:
    http://www.seahawks.com/video/2018/03/2 ... fl-network
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 am
  • I was following along with him and then he mentioned Kelly Jennings.....that instantly dropped his point a couple of notches.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7257
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 am
  • I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:29 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.


    If only we had Timmy back! :les:
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6388
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:20 am
  • I’m very open to this case being the exception that proves the rule, but whenever I hear a GM utter a variant on the phrase “this is not a rebuild” I re-write it in my head as being “we’re still twelve months off from acknowledging what everyone else already knows and calling this a rebuild.”

    That said, we’re only a decade or so in on the most recent QB revolution, and I’m not totally convinced a team can actually be in a rebuild these days if they have a good QB.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4845
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:23 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I was following along with him and then he mentioned Kelly Jennings.....that instantly dropped his point a couple of notches.


    my thoughts exactly, who were these fans stressing out over replacing Jennings?
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1557
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:38 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.


    This 1000%
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1010
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:58 am
  • I think he's saying fans were stressing out over trading Josh Wilson
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3356
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 am
  • themunn wrote:I think he's saying fans were stressing out over trading Josh Wilson


    Yeah, he's just saying change occurs in the NFL and providing some examples. Some fans were stressing out about trading Josh Wilson in 2010. And they had Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant at CB before the LOB arrived. Those were two separate but related thoughts, I think. Trufant wasn't even traded.

    Exhibit A
    The purge continues.

    Am I angry? Yes I am angry.

    Here's the skinny: Josh Wilson is a 25-year old corner and former second-round pick that has amassed in three seasons, and mostly on very poor pass defenses, more value than an average fifth-round pick amasses in their entire career. He is a ball hawk and an impresario of the pick six. In two seasons starting, he has six interceptions and three returned for touchdowns. Wilson has averaged 43.5 yards per interception.

    2010 is his contract year. Wilson is due $550,000 on the back end of a four-year deal.

    Josh Wilson was my second favorite Seahawk, for whatever that's worth.

    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/8/31/16 ... osh-wilson
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:01 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    themunn wrote:I think he's saying fans were stressing out over trading Josh Wilson


    Yeah, he's just saying change occurs in the NFL and providing some examples. Some fans were stressing out about trading Josh Wilson in 2010. And they had Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant at CB before the LOB arrived. Those were two separate but related thoughts, I think. Trufant wasn't even traded.

    Exhibit A
    The purge continues.

    Am I angry? Yes I am angry.

    Here's the skinny: Josh Wilson is a 25-year old corner and former second-round pick that has amassed in three seasons, and mostly on very poor pass defenses, more value than an average fifth-round pick amasses in their entire career. He is a ball hawk and an impresario of the pick six. In two seasons starting, he has six interceptions and three returned for touchdowns. Wilson has averaged 43.5 yards per interception.

    2010 is his contract year. Wilson is due $550,000 on the back end of a four-year deal.

    Josh Wilson was my second favorite Seahawk, for whatever that's worth.

    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/8/31/16 ... osh-wilson


    Interestingly we traded up a couple spots using that pick received to select Richard Sherman
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3356
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.


    Post of the year! #truth
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1415
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 pm
  • God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 29969
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:15 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.


    That's a good point, but what else would we even talk about now? What's the fun in off season football if we refrain from predicting how certain moves are going to play out?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:40 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    themunn wrote:I think he's saying fans were stressing out over trading Josh Wilson


    Yeah, he's just saying change occurs in the NFL and providing some examples. Some fans were stressing out about trading Josh Wilson in 2010. And they had Kelly Jennings and Marcus Trufant at CB before the LOB arrived. Those were two separate but related thoughts, I think. Trufant wasn't even traded.

    Exhibit A
    The purge continues.

    Am I angry? Yes I am angry.

    Here's the skinny: Josh Wilson is a 25-year old corner and former second-round pick that has amassed in three seasons, and mostly on very poor pass defenses, more value than an average fifth-round pick amasses in their entire career. He is a ball hawk and an impresario of the pick six. In two seasons starting, he has six interceptions and three returned for touchdowns. Wilson has averaged 43.5 yards per interception.

    2010 is his contract year. Wilson is due $550,000 on the back end of a four-year deal.

    Josh Wilson was my second favorite Seahawk, for whatever that's worth.

    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/8/31/16 ... osh-wilson


    Interestingly we traded up a couple spots using that pick received to select Richard Sherman


    Oh boy. I was mad over Josh Wilson, too. One of the few times I agreed with John Morgan on anything, and I regret it. Let's see what else Morgan had to say:

    Josh Wilson...is an excellent nickelback, a sound and sometimes punishing open field tackler (Wilson forced three fumbles in 2008) that has shown improving cover skills. His tools, minus his height, are off the charts. He ran a legitimate 4.39 forty at the 2007 NFL Combine. That showing bests all defensive backs in the 2010 class. Every single one of them. 58 of the very best talents in college football, including Eric Berry, Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays, and not one ran a faster forty than Wilson.

    ...

    The recovery of Walter Thurmond and emergence of Roy Lewis means Seattle is dealing from a position of strength. That, Wilson's looming contract, and a narrow commitment to "building through the draft" is the justification for this move. A realistic evaluation of Wilson's talent and the true value of a fifth-round pick is the damning reality.


    Oops. Swing and a miss on that comparison, Johnny boy.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15898
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:04 am
  • Schneider made 2 of the worst FA decisions in Seahawk history. Depending how you grade, potentially in the top 10.

    1 - He let Golden Tate go, costing us at least 1 SB win.

    2 - He traded Unger, destroying our run game. Something our defense depended on.

    Not even counting the damage he did on the Harvin acquisition.

    Those moves turned us from a team going to SBs to a team struggling to get the wildcard.

    He has done a lot more negative than positive impact moves lately.

    So I would say he has lost the benefit of the doubt. Based on his recent track record there is no way to trust any process he is the engineer of.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3271
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Schneider made 2 of the worst FA decisions in Seahawk history. Depending how you grade, potentially in the top 10.

    1 - He let Golden Tate go, costing us at least 1 SB win.

    2 - He traded Unger, destroying our run game. Something our defense depended on.

    Not even counting the damage he did on the Harvin acquisition.

    Those moves turned us from a team going to SBs to a team struggling to get the wildcard.

    He has done a lot more negative than positive impact moves lately.

    So I would say he has lost the benefit of the doubt. Based on his recent track record there is no way to trust any process he is the engineer of.


    To be fair, yes, he let Golden Tate go which could have helped our chances tremendously the following year. And letting Unger go was a terrible decision at the time with our offensive line, but at least we obtained Justin Britt which has helped compensate for the loss. I’m hoping he pulls off a good trade come draft time to yield some of those picks we lost due to trading for players who aren’t even here anymore.

    But let’s not forget the fact our defense failed to yield that 10 point lead in the Super Bowl when we were up 24-14.

    Who knows if JS can pull off some good drafts like he did the first couple years. Picking up players like Wilson in the 3rd, Chancellor and Sherman in the later rounds along with Bwagz in the the 2nd round is incredible and not many front offices have been able to pull off. That’s not even including all the smart decisions he made to get some really good players which helped us win our first Super Bowl.

    We know he has an eye for talent — but as of recent, these past couple drafts have not lived up to our expectations. I’m hoping JS and Pete can bring us back to the top. Time will tell though.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1121
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:37 am
  • This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1974
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:41 am
  • djb28 wrote:This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!


    Which is why we need to be thankful for what he can and will do. Ruskell had his downfalls obviously, with the poison pill and stuff, but I believe JS can replicate the success our team really needs.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1121
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 am
  • Maybe the process actually is worth trusting in this case, but most times a manager/GM uses this phrase it's when they know they're screwing things up and are trying to insult the fans' intelligence.
    ducks41468
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 302
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:58 am
  • ducks41468 wrote:Maybe the process actually is worth trusting in this case, but most times a manager/GM uses this phrase it's when they know they're screwing things up and are trying to insult the fans' intelligence.


    Not a bad way to think of the “process”

    JSPC know they have messed up in different ways. They felt the players they were wanting to acquire would help us out, obviously it didn’t work out but I’m optimistic with the way they draft future stars.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1121
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:04 am
  • Pretty simple really.

    We thought the Seahawks would be a contender because they had the best FO in the league besides the Patriots. So it was reasonable to expect the team would be one of the best in the NFL.

    The past 3-4 years have shown it to be an average FO. Other teams have FOs trying to win too. They have their own plans and processes and there is literally nothing to project ours will be materially better than theirs.

    We won because we had better players than the other team. Now we don't and so we probably won't win as much. Since our process will be to try to get better players but so will every other team, there is no reason to expect this team will be anywhere near great for some time.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3271
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:48 am
  • It is inevitable that there be multiple views of the Carroll/Schneider era.

    In my eyes, the reason we won was because the players and coaches were "all in"... on a unified program. The historic chemistry and brotherhood demonstrated over a four year period was extraordinary. Evidence of that chemistry coming apart showed it's ugly head in early 2016. Individual self interest became more important. Support for program and the importance of what unified them was neglected by much of the leadership. The chemistry and "football program" fractured and disintegrated before our eyes. There can be little question that there were multiple disappointments with regards to leadership focus.

    So far, the essence of what has happen in 2018 has been that of a "great culling" for the purpose of resetting the program with what once provided the foundation for great success. As fans with no direct control over decisions, we can only hope or trust the process is back on track for 2018.

    As Ivar Haglund would say ...... Keep Clam!
    Image
    ......................................... Trust the Process
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7857
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:15 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Pretty simple really.

    We thought the Seahawks would be a contender because they had the best FO in the league besides the Patriots. So it was reasonable to expect the team would be one of the best in the NFL.

    The past 3-4 years have shown it to be an average FO. Other teams have FOs trying to win too. They have their own plans and processes and there is literally nothing to project ours will be materially better than theirs.

    We won because we had better players than the other team. Now we don't and so we probably won't win as much. Since our process will be to try to get better players but so will every other team, there is no reason to expect this team will be anywhere near great for some time.


    If it were as simple as having better players, we wouldn't be cutting Sherman.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:21 am
  • djb28 wrote:This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!


    PLEASE tell me you were joking; didn’t see a sarcasm on smilie.
    ben@thetabs
    User avatar
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 247
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 am
    Location: Ephrata, WA


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:04 pm
  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Pretty simple really.

    We thought the Seahawks would be a contender because they had the best FO in the league besides the Patriots. So it was reasonable to expect the team would be one of the best in the NFL.

    The past 3-4 years have shown it to be an average FO. Other teams have FOs trying to win too. They have their own plans and processes and there is literally nothing to project ours will be materially better than theirs.

    We won because we had better players than the other team. Now we don't and so we probably won't win as much. Since our process will be to try to get better players but so will every other team, there is no reason to expect this team will be anywhere near great for some time.


    If it were as simple as having better players, we wouldn't be cutting Sherman.


    Not sure we should have.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1010
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm
  • (Russell Wilson) cough cough cough

    (Tom brady) cough cough

    we would've won 11 games if it weren't for the liquored up kicker.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3409
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.


    If only we had Timmy back! :les:


    If Timmy came back the team would quickly become the Browns (western edition).

    I know that had to be a sarcastic comment, b/c you’d need to shoot yourself if you believed it to be true.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5338
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:30 am
  • Good luck.

    We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one.

    We also struggled to fix the line and he has been terrible at that.

    Finally we struggled to get a good RB since we lost Lynch. He has been average at that.

    Considering how he has been pretty underwhelming at replacing what we lost so far and considering what we lost, you still think JS and Carroll can just turn the scouting machine on? Rebuild?

    They haven't been that good at it for years.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3271
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 am
  • Decimation wrote:
    djb28 wrote:This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!


    Which is why we need to be thankful for what he can and will do. Ruskell had his downfalls obviously, with the poison pill and stuff, but I believe JS can replicate the success our team really needs.


    I 100% believe he "can" also. My issue is more based on the last 5 years history that tells me it is more likely that he doesn't replicate that success. Especially given our draft position and depleted picks (this year at least) that stand in the way.

    I will trust more what I see, not what I'm told.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5312
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:40 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.


    If only we had Timmy back! :les:


    If Timmy came back the team would quickly become the Browns (western edition).

    I know that had to be a sarcastic comment, b/c you’d need to shoot yourself if you believed it to be true.


    I was pretty much the first person to post a "Ya know, this Tim Ruskell guy doesn't seem to be very good at this" comment way back in the day. I got roasted for it at the time, as well. I don't feel the same way about JS, and firmly believe people who feel JS can't be trusted are trying to play Madden/fantasy football in real life.

    That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6388
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:44 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Good luck.

    We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one..


    Two years we struggled, that's not exactly a damning indictment of Pete and John's ability to find talent...................on the defensive side of the ball.

    And believe me, I totally agree for as good as they've been on the defensive side, they've been downright awful on the offensive side.

    Some say that was a Cable thing? Too much trust was put in Cable? Idk, we'll see this draft won't we.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13344
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:54 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Decimation wrote:
    djb28 wrote:This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!


    Which is why we need to be thankful for what he can and will do. Ruskell had his downfalls obviously, with the poison pill and stuff, but I believe JS can replicate the success our team really needs.


    I 100% believe he "can" also. My issue is more based on the last 5 years history that tells me it is more likely that he doesn't replicate that success. Especially given our draft position and depleted picks (this year at least) that stand in the way.

    I will trust more what I see, not what I'm told.



    Maybe having fewer picks will be better, based on how years with more generally have worked out.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1821
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:02 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I was following along with him and then he mentioned Kelly Jennings.....that instantly dropped his point a couple of notches.



    Why? He traded Kelly Jennings. He also traded Josh Wilson. I don't see either one of those guys in the NFL.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17582
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:24 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.



    Very true. Then again, until there is a "product" on the field again we're stuck with remembering the mess that was last season.
    User avatar
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1637
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm
  • OneLofaTatupu wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.



    Very true. Then again, until there is a "product" on the field again we're stuck with remembering the mess that was last season.


    Fan criticism is reactionary, we saw the product on the field last year............it stunk.

    Therefore we criticize accordingly this off season. IF the product is better once the games matter again? Then we fans will react accordingly.

    It'd be a pretty boring forum if we were only allowed to have opinions from September to January.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13344
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:35 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Good luck.

    We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one.

    We also struggled to fix the line and he has been terrible at that.

    Finally we struggled to get a good RB since we lost Lynch. He has been average at that.

    Considering how he has been pretty underwhelming at replacing what we lost so far and considering what we lost, you still think JS and Carroll can just turn the scouting machine on? Rebuild?

    They haven't been that good at it for years.


    What about Bmax, Lane, and Shaq. I would call Williams the exception not the rule. That's a couple of 4th or so and maybe a 3rd rounder. Pretty darn good.
    Tinymac2
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 182
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:04 pm
  • The Tate situation was....unique. I didn't like the move on the field, but off the field it may have been justified. We might never know. Schneider's worst move IMO was the Unger for Graham trade. The line was never the same after that.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2749
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:15 pm
  • As long as this team has players like RW and BW and ET, I can't call what they are doing a rebuild. We still have a lot of proven talent, and at some point, the guys on the sideline need to take the field if they are ever going to prove their worth.

    A team needs to be able to combine young talent with experienced talent to keep competitive year in and year out. We didn't make the playoffs last season, but we had a lot of injury issues that helped play a small part in that, and it's not like we went 3-13 or some other nonsense. This team may not be a juggernaut, but it is far from a total rebuild.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19485
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:As long as this team has players like RW and BW and ET, I can't call what they are doing a rebuild. We still have a lot of proven talent, and at some point, the guys on the sideline need to take the field if they are ever going to prove their worth.

    A team needs to be able to combine young talent with experienced talent to keep competitive year in and year out. We didn't make the playoffs last season, but we had a lot of injury issues that helped play a small part in that, and it's not like we went 3-13 or some other nonsense. This team may not be a juggernaut, but it is far from a total rebuild.



    You can rebuild a Transmission, a Engine and keep the chassis, it's still a rebuild.

    Last time I looked we need at least 22 guys to field a defense and offense not to mention special teams, tell me when 3 guys can cover all of that, or maybe 2 when we trade Earl on draft day.

    The rebuild may be on the roster granted, but until they are under fire we don't know and it is still guys that have yet to prove anything and have not stood out enough to take the position by their own merit but having to have guys released or injured.

    So those Tranny's and Engines are still in the garage for all intent and purposes and we won't know till installed and fired up whether were going to meet the same numbers we had before we replaced them.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24719
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 pm
  • If Carroll can win without a materially better roster than the opposing team?

    Then we might have a chance.

    To this point he has not demonstrated he can do that. And the Rams look like they boatraced us already but for us to have a chance, he is going to have to learn to win with a roster that is not heads & shoulders above the opposing team.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3271
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:If Carroll can win without a materially better roster than the opposing team?

    Then we might have a chance.

    To this point he has not demonstrated he can do that. And the Rams look like they boatraced us already but for us to have a chance, he is going to have to learn to win with a roster that is not heads & shoulders above the opposing team.


    Honestly, this is why I think he leaves when his contract is up. He and the team were great when he came out of college and knew all the prospects (with the help of Mccloughan) and drafted well even into the later rounds. That seems to have all but dried up. I agree he needs top talent to succeed. From a coaching standpoint, if it comes down to a chess match, I'm not putting my money on Pete.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1010
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm
  • Trust the Prosise
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2096
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:10 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Trust the Prosise


    Ooooh. I like it. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:56 am
  • lukerguy wrote:Trust the Prosise



    That’d be nice. However, hangnails and booboos are an ever present problem preventing Prosise participating partially in the process. He needs to show up and remain healthy or he may need to find a position to play elsewhere.

    Tough to believe that without some inspiration the process can be trusted when there has been a roster cull of as much talent as has been moved out when as well the team has no second or third draft picks this year and no second next year. To that is added a continuing cap problem that will cost more talent or prevent acquisition of younger hungrier talent, thankfully at least that problem will sort itself out next season. I get the feeling this season will be an off year as the process needs to patched up and the dumb short term trades ended.

    Harvin added at the cost of an very expensive contract that had to in part eaten and much draft capital (a first, a third, and a 7th) that would be matured by now. He’s gone and the team has zip. Graham added at the cost of a first and a quality OLineman plus another big contract for not much return on investment. He’s gone and the team has zip. Richardson added for a year at the cost of an expensive contract that overpaid him for the performance delivered plus second round pick and a 7th exchange. He’s gone and the team has zip. Brown added for how long will need to be seen at the cost of a second next draft and a third this draft. He thankfully is still here but the team will need to pay him big money to keep him and he is an older player. This trade was a desperate need situation and the team got bent over by Houston somewhat. Better coaching and drafting would have prevented this being forced on the team.

    These dubious trades done in a ‘ Big Balls Pete’ go for it fashion have in a real way hurt the team to the point where aging quality talent that is comparatively expensive needed to be jettisoned to begin allowing ‘ the process’ to play out. You can call it a reset or a rebuild or whatever but it is clear there is still an awful lot of moves that need to be made for the process to work. Lately it certainly hasn’t and there is truth to the observations of several that our early draft picks have not stood out on the field much yet.

    I still have reason to believe this FO has done things better than they have ever been done here before but clearly a few mistakes have been made. I trust them to sort things out but they will need to be smarter than they have shown recently for this to happen quickly. There is some quality young but yet unrecognized talent already on the team so a few smart moves will go along way to allow the team to be returned to competitive excellence quickly.

    As fans we have little choice other than to trust the process. For those moaning about the lack of star players we need to remember a team is more than the sum of it’s individual parts and we know winning teams have a certain magic together.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5338
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:22 am
  • They have been drafting fine on Defense for the most part about as good as you can expect given the draft capitol of recent years.

    The epic fails have come on offense. Draft prospects, UFAs, Trades, it didn't matter how good they were. Once Cable & Bevell got hands on they turned to crap. RW has been propping up that clown car show Pete wants to call an offense for years.

    Schneider could draft a top 5 RB DVOA in the 5th rd, and he will bust. (He already did this with Alex Collins.)
    He can bring in an all world TE to fix the redzone offense, and he will underwhelm. (Jimmy Graham.)
    Trade for a Franchise LT to stabilize the O-Line. (While watching Cable coach him down into just a guy by the end of the year.)

    There is a reason those 2 jokers where fired. The evidence is damning to say the least.

    But lets do the easy thing and blame the GM that doesn't even have autonomy, Pete is in charge of Football Operations.

    Despite JS' track record in GB, WAS, KC, & SEA to find high end talent.

    I would fire Pete before John if it came to that, but that is not even worth discussing until 2019, or 2020, if ever.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1674
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:26 am
  • I think this last season's fiasco was Pete's final Big Balls moment personnel wise and Js will be doing more to manage the personnel going forward. Agree with your last sentence completely, pete should take the ultimate responsibility for the garbage served up on O since XLIX and before.

    Blaming JS for Pete's all in go fo broke moments with Harvin, Graham, and Richardson fails to recognize as you say that Pete is head of football operations. Those three trades have cost the team a great deal indraft capital with very little in return except cap complications.

    If we assess each of the three trades they were all bad trades:

    - "The Minnesota Vikings traded Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks on March 11, 2013 in exchange for a first and seventh-round draft pick in the 2013 Draft, and a third-round draft pick in the 2014 Draft. Immediately after the Seahawks acquired Harvin, they signed him to a new six-year, $67 million contract with $25.5 million guaranteed." Harvin played in 6 regular season games for Seattle and in the Super Bowl. The team had to eat his guaranteed money and lost the benefit of the picks. This was a bad trade by any metric.

    - "On March 10, 2015, Graham was traded to the Seattle Seahawks for center Max Unger and the Seahawks' first-round selection in the 2015 NFL Draft.?" Graham was paid $ 10 million/yr. for each of the three seasons he was here and he was never properly incorporated in to the O except to some extent in his final season when he becanme a red zone weapon. This was not a good trade interms of ROI and the team now has nothing from that first round pick or the capital of Unger.

    - The team traded with the NY Jets to acquire Sheldon Richardson. "On September 1, 2017, Richardson was traded to the Seattle Seahawks for Jermaine Kearse and a 2018 second-round draft pick." Richardson played adequately, and was well paid @ $8 million/yr. For the one year rental that cost the team cap issues, Kearse, and the 49th pick in this year's draft the team overpaid. This was clearly a sub-optimal trade with nothing of value remaining for the team. Was this trade necessary, arguments can be made on both sides of the ledger.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5338
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:56 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I was following along with him and then he mentioned Kelly Jennings.....that instantly dropped his point a couple of notches.


    Pretty obvious he was saying they had to move Wilson and Jennings to allow Sherman, Maxwell and Thurmond (and Browner for that matter) the opportunity to play.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11368
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:35 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Trust the Prosise



    That’d be nice. However, hangnails and booboos are an ever present problem preventing Prosise participating partially in the process. He needs to show up and remain healthy or he may need to find a position to play elsewhere.

    .


    Yeah, this was just a joke with play on words so....
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2096
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:43 pm
  • When you have your premiere personnel being coddled as they are the starters and they get most of the action, it takes a hell of a lot to break into the mould the coaching staff is looking for. Defensively, it took a lot for the LOB to get started where they could not break into the starting line up and show their stuff or get play time. Offensively...same thing. If you have a set group that is playing to an average standard and that is better than what came before, you dont just dump them or give them to Cable.....You keep that select group and try to get better later with experience. I know I hammer the experience thing a lot but that is what makes you better. Unless you are Cary Williams where nothing can make you better except a trade to a team that does not need you. Then the team you just left got better.

    None of our backups had REALISTIC time on board on the field in a game for a length of time to acquire the experience that is needed to push to the next level. I still believe in the Britt experiment..Left Right Center...and leave him there so he has the knowledge of what blocking to call. It seems to work.

    Some have said there is some bitching going on in the locker room...probably is. So be it. Life goes on.

    Just remember...the process is to acquire backups with potential and allow them time to succeed....then to excel. If all you are doing is drafting for the best player available and he does not fit what you are trying to accomplish, then you have just wasted a draft pick. We could always be the browns......
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7975
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Schneider says 'Trust the process'
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:53 am
  • 'We could always be the Browns'

    Didn't the Browns get Scott M?

    I suspect the Browns are going to mysteriously get better in a few years.

    I don't think Scott will be near as good as he was with JS, that combination was incredible at unearthing talent but he was pretty good in Washington. Some of the players he pulled out in the later rounds for them turned out to be producers.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3271
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Next


It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online