Jalston Fowler - Fullback of my dreams

hawknation2018

Reaction score
:179417:

giphy.gif

Blocks a bit like Michael Robinson, actually. Fowler can also leak out of the backfield and catch the ball, which is important in a traditional Pete Carroll offense.

[youtube]4hn12yl5Bbw[/youtube]

JustTheTip

Reaction score
He likes to drop his helmet. That is going to be a problem with the new rule change.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1g25mzwv said:
He likes to drop his helmet. That is going to be a problem with the new rule change.

That rule change could be a problem for just about every player in the league. Even Tom Brady ducks his head down whenever he gets sacked or goes for a QB sneak. They are going to have to retrain their reflexes. Hoping it will not be capriciously enforced.

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3mfz1d37 said:
JustTheTip":3mfz1d37 said:

That rule change could be a problem for just about every player in the league. Even Tom Brady ducks his head down whenever he gets sacked or goes for a QB sneak. They are going to have to retrain their reflexes. Hoping it will not be capriciously enforced.

Absolutely agreed.

Depending on how strictly they enforce it, it has potential to almost ruin the 2018 season.

It’s natural instinct to lower your head on impact, these guys have been doing it for a long, long time.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I already covered Fowler and I think he has a real chance to be our FB. I'd almost like to see him down to about 245 and up his athleticism a bit, but either way, Madden's job isn't safe. Fowler can be a real hammer. Hell, we used Tukuafu for multiple seasons to be said hammer. If Dimitri Flowers isn't drafted, I'd like to bring him in to compete and play a little TE on top of playing FB too. In that role, you could justify spending your last pick on him as well.

[youtube]Acnr-ThlbKA[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
As for the rule change, I don't like it. My main concern is that there will be more people with Kam/Avril injuries because their neck isn't aligned for impact. I think there is a huge difference between spearing and the human body just getting itself ready to protect the central nervous system in a purely natural reaction.

I hope we don't see more injuries where dudes have discs dangerously out of place from being snapped back.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3rv58j01 said:
I already covered Fowler and I think he has a real chance to be our FB. I'd almost like to see him down to about 245 and up his athleticism a bit, but either way, Madden's job isn't safe. Fowler can be a real hammer. Hell, we used Tukuafu for multiple seasons to be said hammer. If Dimitri Flowers isn't drafted, I'd like to bring him in to compete and play a little TE on top of playing FB too. In that role, you could justify spending your last pick on him as well.

[youtube]IPW_cRxKehc[/youtube]

I like Tre Madden as a person/player/runner/receiver. But he can't block worth a damn.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2pdhzgnd said:
vin.couve12":2pdhzgnd said:

I like Tre Madden as a person/player/runner/receiver. But he can't block worth a damn.

I agree with that. I like Flowers because he plays a little bit of everything so it's easy to put him on the gameday roster when he's your FB and Move TE.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I put a better vid of Flowers up there. Better shows that he's not just a pass catcher. Dude is pure football player who handles multiple positions seemingly with ease.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
original poster":3aitd3ka said:
hawknation2018":3aitd3ka said:
JustTheTip":3aitd3ka said:

Absolutely agreed.

Depending on how strictly they enforce it, it has potential to almost ruin the 2018 season.

It’s natural instinct to lower your head on impact, these guys have been doing it for a long, long time.

He isn't lowering his head out of instinct, he is consistently doing it 5+ yards out to use it as a battering ram. Even if they choose not to strictly enforce it, this guy is a poster child for what they will call.

vin.couve12":3aitd3ka said:
As for the rule change, I don't like it. My main concern is that there will be more people with Kam/Avril injuries because their neck isn't aligned for impact. I think there is a huge difference between spearing and the human body just getting itself ready to protect the central nervous system in a purely natural reaction.

I hope we don't see more injuries where dudes have discs dangerously out of place from being snapped back.

I don't like it either, but with it being there the team needs to take it into consideration when adding player.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3q413ew9 said:
original poster":3q413ew9 said:
hawknation2018":3q413ew9 said:
JustTheTip":3q413ew9 said:

Absolutely agreed.

He isn't lowering his head out of instinct, he is consistently doing it 5+ yards out to use it as a battering ram. Even if they choose not to strictly enforce it, this guy is a poster child for what they will call.

Well, it wasn't illegal before. Now it is. Used to love it when Thomas Rawls would do that as a rookie.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1jgs20mz said:
I don't like it either, but with it being there the team needs to take it into consideration when adding player.

Just to clarify, Fowler is already signed. That was one of the first moves the team made after the season ended.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
original poster":3kodm2om said:
Absolutely agreed.

I have no doubt we are in for one clunky season ahead with this rule change. It's fundamentally changing the way the game's body mechanics has been played since Woodrow Wilson was President. Think about that.

I appreciate the NFL trying with all their might to right the wrongs of concussion and brain injuries but we are in for a whole new paradigm when it comes to the NFL. I used to joke that it will one day be called the NFFL (National Flag Football League) but now I am no longer laughing. It could happen if the current course remains.

Debating the whole "They Signed Up For It, They Know The Health Risks But Take The High Payout" argument is not what I want to discuss here. But the fact remains. 2018 could become the beginning of the end of the NFL as we have ever known it.