Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Could Johnny Manziel go to Seattle?(USA Today Article)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • "“With stable leadership and ownership — and a similar kind of quarterback (Russell Wilson) already firmly in place as the starter — this is a comfortable, low-pressure situation for everyone involved. Should Wilson go down, Manziel is available to plug right into the scheme."

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... n-seattle/

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... -seahawks/

I hope not, our lockerroom doesn't need this.

Mods, I couln't find another thread on this, but if there is one please accept my appolgies and delete this thread.
    Last edited by MO Hawk on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Yeah, i think this is likely better for a different forum and title .

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• We have no money so this makes sense.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:Yeah, i think this is likely better for a different forum and title .

I agree, I changed the title, thanks. Thought it could go here as it is Seahawks related.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Who better as a leader and mentor for Manziel than Russ?

Who better to emulate Wilson than Manziel, the kid who was suppose to be the next Russell Wilson but with a big time electric personality?

It’s a low risk/moderate reward?

With Manziel the talent is there, mentally he was still a teenager when he came into the NFL, let’s see if he’s matured because the potential is there for decent Wilsonesque backup in the least.

If it fails, I’m sure Austin Davis will be on speed dial.

Could be they like someone in the draft later on and a hungry Manziel throws in a more competitive factor to the mix.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:We have no money so this makes sense.

I hope this doesn't happen, but you have faulty logic. They need a back up and he'll be cheap.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• I’d rather have an NFL caliber quarterback instead.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Manziel is garbage. Please no.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Good idea. Let's bring in another drug addict wife beater. Mr silver spoon should of went to the Ti Cats....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• The elimination of Bennett and Sherman was done to remove distractions and bringing in Mansfield and associated media circus that comes along with Johnny Football would replace one set of distractions with another without a gain of talent. So, I vote no. Besides that he needs to go somewhere and actually play football b/c it’s been 2 years since he last played.

I beleve the team will find a suitable backup even if it is a player that a few here don’t think can play.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• MO Hawk wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Yeah, i think this is likely better for a different forum and title .

I agree, I changed the title, thanks. Thought it could go here as it is Seahawks related.

:2thumbs:

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Carroll does reclamation projects, but he doesn't do stupid. Manziel's career has been hobbled by mental meltdowns. I seriously doubt there is anything to this speculation.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• Neither Manziel or Kaepernick works for me.

Sanchez, or Klemens as steady and experienced players; Davis or another young player eliminated from his original team before the league really knew how capable they could be are the directions the team could take. Who are the backups that have played for Scotty recently?
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• He would have fit in well when Bev was here. In college he was great at the "run around and make magic happen" offensive system.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• seahawkfreak wrote:But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

No he should not and won't...first off he would want a lot of cash...second his play has diminished to the point that he is not worth it...third he is suing the hawks owner. He's not worth the money or distraction.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you don't like Kaepernick's completion percentage, Manziel's is worse.
    If you don't like Kaepernick's average yards per attempt, Manziel's is worse.
    If you don't like Kaepernick's TD rate, Manziel's is worse.
    If you don't like Kaepernick's INT rate, Manziel's is worse.
    If you don't like Kaepernick's QB Rating or QBR, Manziel's is worse.
    If you like Manziel's running ability, Kaepernick's is better.
    If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Pete and John said no women beaters.

Not happening, regardless if one believes in second chances or not.

They just got rid of another woman beater for crying out loud.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• What cracks me up is that someone throws out a name on an article or Twitter etc. People jump all over it, and act angry at Pete and John, as if they actually are considering something that a writer just throws out there to get clicks. :roll:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• zero chance this happens. ZERO.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• If you're okay with having Manziel here but not Kaepernick, Sherman, or Bennett I'm gonna look at you with extreme suspicion.

If you want none of them here then at least you're consistent. Also, Manziel was never going to be the next Russ. He doesn't have Russ's intelligence or size. Part of Russell's success is that his hands are HUGE
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Pete and John said no women beaters.

Bennett ?
    :stirthepot:
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• I literally do not care what someone does off the field.

Hell, if Scott M came back and he had a needle literally sticking out of his arm - as long he drafted HOF players and All Pros enough, I would not have a problem with it at all.

But Manziel was not good as an NFL QB. So yeah. no.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

Seems he's been sober for awhile now, and is in shape. Physically and emotionally. I think he just wants to keep his head down and work.

Will he stay that way if/when he makes a team and things get stressful? Don't know. But I wouldn't be that upset if they decide to give him a shot in training camp.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Pete loves reclamation projects, so it makes sense Manziel would be on his radar to kick the tires on.

But I don't really understand it from Manziel's side, why wouldn't he try to go start in the CFL first before resigning himself to holding a clipboard in the NFL?

If I'm his agent, I'm telling him to go bust his ass in Canada if he thinks he can still play the game, not be a backup in the NFL.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• twisted_steel2 wrote:A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

Seems he's been sober for awhile now, and is in shape. Physically and emotionally. I think he just wants to keep his head down and work.

Will he stay that way if/when he makes a team and things get stressful? Don't know. But I wouldn't be that upset if they decide to give him a shot in training camp.

That's fine and all but Twitter and sports news would erupt if he's given a shot anywhere before Kap and prove a huge talking point to be correct.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• The Breh wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Pete and John said no women beaters.

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

And prior to that TJack that threatened his ex with a gun.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    The Breh wrote:

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

I'm completely aware of Boykin, and what they're trying to paint Bennett as now after manufacturing an incident.
    Some folks need to see the official sarcasm smiley, you however, I didn't assume to fall in that category.
    I figured :stirthepot: may have tipped you off tho.
    The Breh
    NET Rookie

• Is Manziel really even THAT notable anymore? He'd bring a little extra attention, but I don't think it would be a circus atmosphere.

He seems to have humbled some, and I think he has an excellent skillset for this offense. I'd give him a shot.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• The Breh wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    The Breh wrote:

Bennett ?

No.....at QB. Boykin!

I'm completely aware of Boykin, and what they're trying to paint Bennett as now after manufacturing an incident.
    Some folks need to see the official sarcasm smiley, you however, I didn't assume to fall in that category.
    I figured :stirthepot: may have tipped you off tho.

You did. And I got it at 99% certain. Others here could could read that and make their own assumptions though. I prefer to avoid that mess when possible. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• What I don't get is why people will pull hard for someone like Johnny Football, but will not even consider RG3 as a possible backup? Weird to me. I get Kaep, he was the enemy / douche and stepped over the line by many's standards.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.

Yep, dropped out of the conversations completely and for sometime now, yet he is an unsigned free agent also. As a backup, hell I'd give him a look see.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• :snack:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Pandion Haliaetus wrote:Who better as a leader and mentor for Manziel than Russ?

Who better to emulate Wilson than Manziel, the kid who was suppose to be the next Russell Wilson but with a big time electric personality?

It’s a low risk/moderate reward?

With Manziel the talent is there, mentally he was still a teenager when he came into the NFL, let’s see if he’s matured because the potential is there for decent Wilsonesque backup in the least.

If it fails, I’m sure Austin Davis will be on speed dial.

Could be they like someone in the draft later on and a hungry Manziel throws in a more competitive factor to the mix.

Mode edit. that charity headcase.

Dude, language!

Edit:by Pmedic920
    Dude?
    You know better.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Sorry, I am just done with rehabilitation projects for clowns and this particular one is curse inducing. Does this cat remind people of their screw up brothers?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• It's yet another article throwing a name out. Yet people get worked up. Awesome. Until he comes to town for a visit, with we have no idea if something would even happen, meh.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I’m ok with Manziel in camp competing with Austin Davis or another worthy QB candidate. Make him earn a roster spot on the 53.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

• Popeyejones wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.

Yes.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:It's yet another article throwing a name out. Yet people get worked up. Awesome.

Yes, I'm pointing out in a caustic way that this kind of article and speculation is junk food for your intellect.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:A week ago I would have been a no way on Manziel. But I recently saw an interview with him, then did some reading. He kind of won me over a little bit.

But to some extent that’s kind of the point. As human beings we kind of see the good or bad in others depending on our personal point of view

To some people Manziel May deserve another shot. Despite being a perpetual drunk and a woman beater. To others not so much

To some people Kaepernick deserves another shot because at worse he had an unpopular political opinion (depending on who you ask) and no domestic abuse/drugs/alcoholism. To others, he crossed a line

To some, RG3 doesn’t deserve another chance because he sucks but then again, so do many backup Qbs

I’ve always felt we deserved a solid backup QB. We’ve rarely ever had one. Manziel sucks though, and if he’s going to be taken back I don’t blame some for crying BS. From an objective standpoint, comparisons aside....Russell would be a GREAT role model for Manziel. And I believe in second chances
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Pete used to stand up for Manziel quite often prior to that draft. Then the week prior to the browns hawks game, he talked him up a lot as well. He played a good game verse us too. But honestly, who cares?
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• Our Man in Chicago wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

Yes.

For the record, I don't want either one of these tools here.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:Sorry, I am just done with rehabilitation projects for clowns and this particular one is curse inducing. Does this cat remind people of their screw up brothers?

That doesn’t give you a free pass on the rules.
    Ball is in your court.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• No.

There are QB prospects that will be selected day 3 of the draft that have far brighter futures in the NFL than Manziel.

The team would also have 4 yrs of team control if they select one of these prospects, while Manziel would just be a rental. A distracting rental at that.

Prospects I like.

Kyle Lauletta in the 4th rd.
    Logan Woodside in the 5th rd.
    Quinton Flowers in the 7th rd / UDFA
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt, what the heck ever happened to RG3-13? He doesn't so much as get mentioned now. Injuries just killed his career, along w/some other stuff. Sounds like he wasn't the most coachable guy etc. But he clearly had some talent, especially as a rookie. Seems odd that no team is even giving him a look.

LOL....yep, nobody talking about him, yet he is the first of "this group" to sign. Ravens just gave him a 1 year today. Clearly this article is more solid proof that the subject speculation is based on what gets more clicks.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I was rollin when I saw it on the "breaking news" line yesterday. Funny, the day after we were talking about it on here. Shoot, why not? I'm sure they got him on the very cheap.....
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:

Hardly a fair comparison. One played for the Browns while the other played on talented 49er clubs for the majority of his career.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, the teams that Klapperslack had on the field were much much better than anything Cleveland has thrown out there.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information