Could Johnny Manziel go to Seattle?(USA Today Article)

MO Hawk

Reaction score
"“With stable leadership and ownership — and a similar kind of quarterback (Russell Wilson) already firmly in place as the starter — this is a comfortable, low-pressure situation for everyone involved. Should Wilson go down, Manziel is available to plug right into the scheme."

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... n-seattle/

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... -seahawks/

I hope not, our lockerroom doesn't need this.

Mods, I couln't find another thread on this, but if there is one please accept my appolgies and delete this thread.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Yeah, i think this is likely better for a different forum and title .

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":23u21aee said:

I agree, I changed the title, thanks. Thought it could go here as it is Seahawks related.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Who better as a leader and mentor for Manziel than Russ?

Who better to emulate Wilson than Manziel, the kid who was suppose to be the next Russell Wilson but with a big time electric personality?

It’s a low risk/moderate reward?

With Manziel the talent is there, mentally he was still a teenager when he came into the NFL, let’s see if he’s matured because the potential is there for decent Wilsonesque backup in the least.

If it fails, I’m sure Austin Davis will be on speed dial.

Could be they like someone in the draft later on and a hungry Manziel throws in a more competitive factor to the mix.

HawkGA

Reaction score
King Dog":3pkn9qkk said:
We have no money so this makes sense.

I hope this doesn't happen, but you have faulty logic. They need a back up and he'll be cheap.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Good idea. Let's bring in another drug addict wife beater. Mr silver spoon should of went to the Ti Cats....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The elimination of Bennett and Sherman was done to remove distractions and bringing in Mansfield and associated media circus that comes along with Johnny Football would replace one set of distractions with another without a gain of talent. So, I vote no. Besides that he needs to go somewhere and actually play football b/c it’s been 2 years since he last played.

I beleve the team will find a suitable backup even if it is a player that a few here don’t think can play.

lukerguy

Reaction score
MO Hawk":3oyresyk said:
lukerguy":3oyresyk said:

I agree, I changed the title, thanks. Thought it could go here as it is Seahawks related.
:2thumbs:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Carroll does reclamation projects, but he doesn't do stupid. Manziel's career has been hobbled by mental meltdowns. I seriously doubt there is anything to this speculation.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Neither Manziel or Kaepernick works for me.

Sanchez, or Klemens as steady and experienced players; Davis or another young player eliminated from his original team before the league really knew how capable they could be are the directions the team could take. Who are the backups that have played for Scotty recently?

HawkGA

Reaction score
He would have fit in well when Bev was here. In college he was great at the "run around and make magic happen" offensive system.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3dd1vgdu said:
But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

No he should not and won't...first off he would want a lot of cash...second his play has diminished to the point that he is not worth it...third he is suing the hawks owner. He's not worth the money or distraction.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":18tktnz1 said:
But Colin Kaepernick should be welcomed here? The delusion is confusing sometimes.

If you don't like Kaepernick's completion percentage, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's average yards per attempt, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's TD rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's INT rate, Manziel's is worse.
If you don't like Kaepernick's QB Rating or QBR, Manziel's is worse.
If you like Manziel's running ability, Kaepernick's is better.
If you think Kaepernick is a distraction, he kneeled during games, whereas Manziel has been arrested numerous times, has beaten up his girlfriend, has been in and out of rehab, has been suspended by the league, and in between getting arrested has been a general distraction to every team he has played for.

I get that you don't want a backup QB to be a news item, but if Johnny Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does, any complaints about backup QB and media fascination are instantly null and void.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pete and John said no women beaters.

Not happening, regardless if one believes in second chances or not.

They just got rid of another woman beater for crying out loud.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What cracks me up is that someone throws out a name on an article or Twitter etc. People jump all over it, and act angry at Pete and John, as if they actually are considering something that a writer just throws out there to get clicks. :roll: