Hawks Unis - Do some of you still hate them?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Was reading comments about the Titans new unis and was cracking up, but some of the comments reminded me of when the Hawks swapped. Still bent about the Hawks unis or no?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I loved the Hawks uni's when they were revealed, and still do! I remember seeing lots of players outside of Seattle saying how good they looked too.

The problem with fans is, they tend to like plain, or really old school traditional uniforms. Anything new or different they usually freak out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Didn't like them much at all, especially since there isn't even a Seahawk logo on them, and the stupid green. But they grew on me. And they are better than the Certs they use to wear :pukeface:

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't hate them, but wish they would have just done an updated version of the uni's from about 1984. Loved those.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The previous unis were pretty bad. They looked like welfare unis. The originals were great at the time and still could be good except that no one should be allowed to wear silver pants going forward. If you need proof, just go put on some silver pantalones and see how completely stupid you look. Do it...and then parade your dumb arse around Seattle. I liked them at the time, but damn...lolololol

original poster

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2gkkmfj1 said:
Just read it and it's once every 5 seasons.

Thought it was much longer than that for some reason.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
original poster":owrfziow said:
Can anyone remember when they are next eligible to change the design?

As I recall, you can only have major overhauls every 10 years. Maybe it was 5 though.

I miss the royal blue and silver, but as someone mentioned above, silver pants are not really fashionable anymore. I think it would be cool to go back to royal blue and green, and gray. Flat gray. Current logo. How many teams have dark blue of some shade now?

80's and 90's hawks unis were the best. I want sleevehawk back.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
NFL should probably open it up to 4 unis now even if strictly for marketing. The 3rd still being alternate, but the 4th being throwbacks. I guess you could count color rush as a 5th, but whatever.

I guess the big problem with throwbacks is tje helmet, right? So how does college ball get away with it then?

D

DomeHawk

Original uni's were based on the Cowboys uniforms as the ownership had determined that was the franchise they wanted to emulate.

Whatever the uniform, it is important that it always is apparent that it is identifiable as being uniquely identifiable as a Seahawks uniform.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1w7z5q4y said:
Original uni's were based on the Cowboys uniforms as the ownership had determined that was the franchise they wanted to emulate.

Whatever the uniform, it is important that it always is apparent that it is identifiable as being uniquely identifiable as a Seahawks uniform.
Booooooooo! I didn't know that, but not surprised.

I agree with the rest of what you said though, which is why I liked the unis we have now right down to tje feathers. Totems are unique to the NW in the lower 48 and the Seahawk head and even feathers are something I grew up seeing. Not to mention that Seattle itself is named after a...Duwamish Chief, if I remember right? You could use something different than the feathers, but at least it fits.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kidhawk":32gronzs said:
I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.
It's really loud, yes. I will say that the defense seem to play lights out in those things though.

They shoulf change the green to exactly the same color as grass/turf. It would be better for pass coverage anyway. lol j/k

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Color Rush program is, as a practical matter, dead. If a team wants it to be dead.

Although the league did not embrace an official rule change that would have allowed teams to ditch the Color Rush uniforms, the NFL says that it has provided “more flexibility” for teams to choose some other color from its broader scheme. This is a fancy way of saying that, basically, that Color Rush it’s now optional.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -uniforms/

Hoping the Seahawks choose College Navy or Wolf Grey for their next "color rush," instead of the eye-burning accent color.

Chapow

Reaction score
I was never "bent" about the unis, I thought they were fine overall. What I didn't like, and still don't, is the fact that they put Nike logos in a pretty prominent place, on the shoulders, while not putting any Seahawks logos on the jersey at all. I get that there are Seahawks logos on the helmet, and that's fine if you are wearing the entire uniform, but most fans don't generally wear the entire uniform.

Personally, I think that's pretty lame and more than just a little tacky of Nike.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was the very first thing I noticed, no Seahawks logo? Pathetic. I guess I never really wanted to give them a chance after that :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":jqw51rq8 said:
kidhawk":jqw51rq8 said:
It's really loud, yes. I will say that the defense seem to play lights out in those things though.

They shoulf change the green to exactly the same color as grass/turf. It would be better for pass coverage anyway. lol j/k

We could play in them every regular season, playoff and superbowl game and go undefeated and I'd be as happy as anyone about it, but I'd still hate that uniform combo :twisted:

Chapow

Reaction score
kidhawk":31a2ds9w said:
vin.couve12":31a2ds9w said:
kidhawk":31a2ds9w said:

We could play in them every regular season, playoff and superbowl game and go undefeated and I'd be as happy as anyone about it, but I'd still hate that uniform combo :twisted:

Agreed. They are slightly better than the previous ones with the blue sleeves, but that's not saying much. I'd go so far as to say that I'm damn near offended that my favorite team was forced to wear such hideous uniforms. They will forever be etched in stone on top ten worst uniforms ever lists.

So anyway, yeah, the "new" all green uniforms are ever so slightly better than that. :|

D

DomeHawk

Seahawks color rushI loved the neon green uni's but only when they wore the contrasting blue stockings. Look how much better it is w/them: